Dresden? what will they do from now on out?

crb58

Dresden has a good one in coach Knott. I doubt there will be a big turnaround this season but, in the future, expect to see changes come along. I don't care how good a coach is, usually it will take roughly 4 seasons for him to make a big difference. Dresden must be patient with him though. It could happen quicker and if it does, keep him at all costs!!

Hopefully Dresden will be patient and let Coach Knott do his thing...he learned under one of the best coaches in West TN and he learned quickly what it takes to make a winning program. Community support and players really buying into his philosophy will really go along way to getting the Lions back to their winning ways /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hopefully Dresden will be patient and let Coach Knott do his thing...he learned under one of the best coaches in West TN and he learned quickly what it takes to make a winning program. Community support and players really buying into his philosophy will really go along way to getting the Lions back to their winning ways /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This entirely true. With Coach Knott this team will make a transformation. Out of all the coaches I played for and worked out under his WERE THE HARDEST to complete. Everyday you worked out with him supervising you learned something about how hard you were willing to push yourself to win at any cost. If his kids believe in his phlosophy they will succeed.

Dresden is truly lucky to have acquired this GREAT COACH and Just as Good A man if not better.Hold on to this guy he'll change your team in a few seasons if not earlier. Anyone from Dresden that sees Coach Knott regularly tell him Bruizer Says Hi, he'll know who ya mean.

In my opinion in Dresdaen the problem isnt Coach Knott. He doesnt have a very good cast under him. True you have to have players. But when a program is being known for having the worst coaching in West Tn for the past few years, and all you do is replace the head coach, and keep the other coaches who were on staff already. That doesnt help alot. There is talent in dresden, but if the bag is full of bad apples and you only replace one. The rest of the bag is still bad. I know that the assistant coaches are good guys, but not the best coaches in the world. Take a look at the big picture. To compete in 2a football you better have good players AND several good coaches..Just my two cents. Good luck Dresden and Coach Knott. By the way, he is a very good Coach. Give him time, and check under him instead of blaming him.

I have read that the famous Coach Bear Bryant maintained that after a victory the players deserve credit, and after a loss the coach deserves the blame.

After listening to Coach's Corner on the radio Saturday, I don't think Coach Knott agrees. (in my humble opinion)

As President Truman always said, "The Buck Stops Here."

Coach Knott is in a situation where right now he's not necessarilly getting out coached he just doesn't have the plauers. As for not taking the responsibility for the loss I'm sure he is cause I know he always did at Camden, but coaches can only do so much. I heard that Dresden only has a handful of boys having a bench max of more than 275, and some of those were a QB and reciever.

But if the people at Dresden gives Coach Knott time he'll change the program around in a matter of years. Someone said that thaty his Assisstant coaches weren't great well under him they'll change. Coach Knott told me he was a firm beleiver in leading through your actions not your words, so if the fact that the coaches aren't great hopefully they'll follow his footsteps and work together to cahnge Dresden for the better. Good Luck to Dresden on the rest of yalls season, Hopefully its injury free from here on out as well.

There is going to be an adjustment period for everyone involved, players, headcoach, assts., and fans. With that being said, if the assistants are such bad coaches, you(deltafarce) should go offer to be a volunteer asst. I am sure they would love to have you expertise. With hard work and patience, all will work itself out in Dresden. Good luck to them and all the coaches and fans. It is a tough year, but even tougher for some players that have already played their last game for the Lions because of injury.