Top 10 Linebackers at Marion

diehardpurple

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion and Alcoa have had quite some battles through the years haven't they? Alcoa dominated early and then there were a few close games and then marion dominated in the early nineties. I am not sure but was the guy you were talking about Jeff Gudger? I am not sure what year he played.

Yes Alcoa and Marion Co had some great battles. Marion Co got the best of us in the early 90's. You guys had some great teams. Can anyone tell me the name of that linebacker, thats killing me. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Marion County had so many good linebackers back in the day. I remember watching Lamont Hale shine for the purple and white. I think he played in the secondary though. They also had Coky Pryor. He was a really fine young lad during his playing days. I can't remember exactly where he played on defense though.

Cokey Pryor and Lamont Hale both played in the secondary. Linebackers when Cokey played were Dale Solomon and Kevin Clark.

Just for fun

1. Rodney Rankin

2. Jeff Gudger

3. Jason Muir

4. Johnny Morrison

5. Stephen Dover

6. Van Kinsey

7. T.J. Gentle

8. Joe Dan Gudger

9. David Donahue

10. Harold Miller

good list. I am a little (A LOT) older than most of yall. Remember a guy named Kenneth Smith? played my freshman year 1969 I believe maybe 67 or 68 at the earliest.I went to so. pitt. Remember watching him lay some serious licks on some folks from so. pitt. Yall younger whipper snappers remember his son Kenny Smith played at Jasper North Jackson U. of Tennessee Etc. Etc. heck of a athelete who seemed 2 enjoy wasting his talent A QUITER u could say.Anyone remember him?