Chattanooga Christian School (CCS)

kickit

What has happen to Chattanooga Christian School (CCS)? Can't believe they're 4-5-3 at this point of the season. I know two seniors were suspended at the start of the season, but they have returned. They beat Ooltewah 2-1 one week and two weeks later lose to them 2-0. Their defense is strong and they are putting points on the board. Does anyone know why they can't seem to win? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know why they can't seem to win? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Probably because they are not scoring more goals than their opponents. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Yeah, feeling a bit sarcastic this morning (7:00 am impromtu parent teacher conference... always a great way to start out your day teaching)

On a less sarcastic note, CCS has a way of pulling things out, when all seems lost. I remember playing the boys team in the state finals about 3 years ago, and they had a losing record coming into the tournament! While regular season games are important, the only ones that "matter" are the ones that occur at the end of October.

Coniglio can give us a more detailed synopsis, I'll bet.

Inconsistency is probably part of it. When the are up, they are a good team. Other times, it comes back to bite them. Another thing that is effecting their record is the strength of schedule. This past weekend, they played (and lost) to Brentwood Academy, Siegel, and Ooltewah. They probably expected to loose 1 or even 2 of those, but hoped for at least one win.

They key for them will be to see how they bounce back.

Inconsistency is probably part of it. When the are up, they are a good team. Other times, it comes back to bite them. Another thing that is effecting their record is the strength of schedule. This past weekend, they played (and lost) to Brentwood Academy, Siegel, and Ooltewah. They probably expected to loose 1 or even 2 of those, but hoped for at least one win.

They key for them will be to see how they bounce back.

I don't know how deep CCS is, but BA, siegel amd the Owls are all big schools with what I would assume is a fairly deep bench.....that takes its toll!

I think it is called Strength of Schedule. The only weak teams they play (usually) are in the district which means they have to play them. They haven't been blow out by anyone. Most games are close.

I think they play Baylor and GPS in the next few weeks. It will be nice to see Baylor and GPS play some local schools.

Records aren't good for much except polls. Polls aren't good for much except showing off a weak schedule.

I don't know how deep CCS is, but BA, siegel amd the Owls are all big schools with what I would assume is a fairly deep bench.....that takes its toll!

Yes, I believe Siegel and Ooltewah are large schools, but according to the respective school websites, CCS has over 400 in it's high school and BA has over 700 in grades 6-12... about the same when you take out for the middle school.

I think it is called Strength of Schedule. The only weak teams they play (usually) are in the district which means they have to play them. They haven't been blow out by anyone. Most games are close.I think they play Baylor and GPS in the next few weeks. It will be nice to see Baylor and GPS play some local schools.Records aren't good for much except polls. Polls aren't good for much except showing off a weak schedule.

Agreed, Mntman!

Yes, I believe Siegel and Ooltewah are large schools, but according to the respective school websites, CCS has over 400 in it's high school and BA has over 700 in grades 6-12... about the same when you take out for the middle school.Agreed, Mntman!

As far as debt goes, I know CCS doesn't have enough numbers to field a JV team, but it appeared that they dress out 25 on varsity. Ooltewah does have both Varsity and JV. Don't know about Siegel or BA....

Probably because they are not scoring more goals than their opponents. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Yeah, feeling a bit sarcastic this morning (7:00 am impromtu parent teacher conference... always a great way to start out your day teaching)

Coniglio can give us a more detailed synopsis, I'll bet.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Again, /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Detailed eh? Sometimes we play well and can play up there with big teams and other days its just not there. Someone find the on-off switch and leave it ON.

I mean, we've tied Notre Dame and Hixson both 0-0. I would wager a guess that Notre Dame would beat Hixson 10-0 going all out. Wait till the post season. That's when we come to play. (at least I hope so)

As far as debt goes, I know CCS doesn't have enough numbers to field a JV team, but it appeared that they dress out 25 on varsity. Ooltewah does have both Varsity and JV. Don't know about Siegel or BA....

22. All on varsity. No JV. Haven't had a JV since I've been in the HS.

And going back to the boys team several years ago with a losing record. I believe that was my 8th grade year. It was I just looked it up. They entered the post season with a 4-9-3 record. Finished 10-11-3. Upset FRA in the semi's and then BigG said, "Nope! No winning record for you this year!"

The first Ooltewah game was not representative of strong soccer from the Owls. A couple of starters sat. So, I know that Ooltewah walked away from that match feeling like they gave one away and went into their next match expecting to win. And they did. As for depth, Ooltewah, despite being a big school is lacking in depth compared to years past. So, don;t let the numbers fool you. Big schools does not necessarily mean a lot of depth and small school does not necessarily mean lack of depth.

On a side note, the siegel tourney was full of four good teams - CCS (#5 in A?AA), siegel (#10 in AAA), Ooltewah (#11 in AAA), and Brentwood Academy (#3 in D 2).

I, too, was surprised at the Hixson tie. As I understand it, Notre Dame was all over CCS in their game but could not finish. I am willing to bet it took place at Notre Dame (very small field).

I feel confident that Cal will have CCS ready for a run. They are well coached and should not be taken lightly, just had a stretch of bad luck. Teams should watch out - the chargers will be hungry.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Again, /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Detailed eh? Sometimes we play well and can play up there with big teams and other days its just not there. Someone find the on-off switch and leave it ON.

I mean, we've tied Notre Dame and Hixson both 0-0. I would wager a guess that Notre Dame would beat Hixson 10-0 going all out. Wait till the post season. That's when we come to play. (at least I hope so)

22. All on varsity. No JV. Haven't had a JV since I've been in the HS.

And going back to the boys team several years ago with a losing record. I believe that was my 8th grade year. It was I just looked it up. They entered the post season with a 4-9-3 record. Finished 10-11-3. Upset FRA in the semi's and then BigG said, "Nope! No winning record for you this year!"

WOW......if I remember correctly Hixson tied Notre Dame 1-1 last year on October 3th........Keep up the good work lady Wildcats, it would be great to see you all go to the region this year!!!