Chattanooga Christian School (CCS)

kickit

...... And going back to the boys team several years ago with a losing record. I believe that was my 8th grade year. It was I just looked it up. They entered the post season with a 4-9-3 record. Finished 10-11-3. Upset FRA in the semi's and then BigG said, "Nope! No winning record for you this year!"

C....when were you in school???....( I think and maybe you can correct me) going back thru 2001 the only loss by FRA to CCS was in Sept of 2004 at the Trevecca Tournament (2 to 1). They tied at the same tournament the following year....all subsequent games were wins for FRA???! If I'm correct FRA won in the Finals against CCS in 2002, 2004, and 2005 and in the semis in 2003 when FRA subsequently lost to DCA in the Finals 2 to 1.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C....when were you in school???....( I think and maybe you can correct me) going back thru 2001 the only loss by FRA to CCS was in Sept of 2004 at the Trevecca Tournament (2 to 1). They tied at the same tournament the following year....all subsequent games were wins for FRA???! If I'm correct FRA won in the Finals against CCS in 2002, 2004, and 2005 and in the semis in 2003 when FRA subsequently lost to DCA in the Finals 2 to 1.

Flash, he was talking about the boys season (referring back to a point I had made earlier)...

That makes ever so much more sense....thanks! I obviously thought we were on a girl's soccer thread!...../flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Yeah, you would think it would be about the girls, but I was just posting on how at CCS you can never count them out (boys or girls) since the boys made it to the state finals and entered the tournament with a losing record. Sorry for the confusion.

CCS is still strong despite their record. Unless Hixson pulls a major upset in the district tournament then CCS and Notre Dame will both advance and probably play again in the regional finals. The only thing to me that makes the Hixson tie seem strange is if you compare some common opponents. Yeah yeah I know you can't compare scores but still. Boyd-Buchanan beat Hixson 3-2. Hixson ties CCS 0-0. CCS beats Boyd 5-0. Kinda strange.

CCS is still strong despite their record. Unless Hixson pulls a major upset in the district tournament then CCS and Notre Dame will both advance and probably play again in the regional finals. The only thing to me that makes the Hixson tie seem strange is if you compare some common opponents. Yeah yeah I know you can't compare scores but still. Boyd-Buchanan beat Hixson 3-2. Hixson ties CCS 0-0. CCS beats Boyd 5-0. Kinda strange.

I dont think that it would be considered a Major upset.....Hixson could easily advance to the region......

I agree that Hixson has some good players, and neither Notre Dame nor CCS should take them for granted. That being said, Stamford's point of Hixson's strength of schedule is true. Hixson isn't doing itself any favors on it's choice of non-district teams. Only by playing somebody equal to or better than yourself can you hope to identify and work on your own deficiencies.

I agree that Hixson has some good players, and neither Notre Dame nor CCS should take them for granted. That being said, Stamford's point of Hixson's strength of schedule is true. Hixson isn't doing itself any favors on it's choice of non-district teams. Only by playing somebody equal to or better than yourself can you hope to identify and work on your own deficiencies.

Totally agree........

"easily advance"...seriously, you're crazy. please see post above re: combined record of Hixson's opponent.

well from an outsiders view, the opponents you play aren't always as important as the way you play the opponents you are faced with, some teams have weak districts and some are strong but this is not football there is not a BCS rankings and the regular season matters none at all except to get ready for tournaments were the teams with passion and knowledge will succeed

I dont think that it would be considered a Major upset.....Hixson could easily advance to the region......

Just based on the fact of the history of the CCS and Notre Dame programs it would be considered a big upset for either of them not to get out of the district. And FYI CCS beat Grace tonight 4-0. CCS has now beat the top 2 teams in the other district (Grace and Boyd-Buchanan) fairly easily. I vote a CCS v. Notre Dame district and regional final. However, I dont think either are strong enough this year to win state.

Just based on the fact of the history of the CCS and Notre Dame programs it would be considered a big upset for either of them not to get out of the district. And FYI CCS beat Grace tonight 4-0. CCS has now beat the top 2 teams in the other district (Grace and Boyd-Buchanan) fairly easily. I vote a CCS v. Notre Dame district and regional final. However, I dont think either are strong enough this year to win state.

While CCS is not as deep as last year, they have many assets; and while Notre Dame has not found a consistent playing level, they have ample depth and talent. I don't think state is out of reach of either of them.