What happened to the POY topic?

Guest TheChosenOne

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine that the general concensus among coaches, players and even parents at this time 1 week prior to District Tourneys starting that everyone is more concerned with T E A M and BORO (not P O Y). JMHO

Just wondering what happened to the Player of the year topic? I was looking forward to hearing some more names out there.

Guest TheChosenOne

Maybe we want to know who we should be looking forward too as we get to that point so that we can rightfully compare. This is merely opinions, not campaigning. Would be nice who is out there from out of our region.

Are you still mad that you were wrong about me having multiple profiles? I read your old posts and I see its just sour grapes...its very easy to see why you dislike my school

Guest TheChosenOne

Ok, so everyone tell us who the candidates are. We had Rebekah Smith from d2 hutchison from the magician. Do not remember who else had been thrown out there. Lets stay on topic this time and not list your whole team either. I too would like to know the other kids that are out there, especially in the publics.

Isnt there a kid from hilsboro that committed to UT?

Isnt there a kid from hilsboro that committed to UT?

Yes, Dee Dee Harrison is committed to UT. She has height and some talent but I definitely wouldn't put her in the POY category...more like a work in progress...I'll be curious to see what she can do once Rob Patrick get ahold of her.

As far as candidates, I would definitely put Rebekah Smith right up front.

Guest TheChosenOne

I am sure that Coach Patrick will do a wonderful job with her. I am sure that she has tremendous upside.

Besides Smith, are there any other D2 candidates? GPS, Father Ryan, or Harpeth?

I am sure that Coach Patrick will do a wonderful job with her. I am sure that she has tremendous upside.

Besides Smith, are there any other D2 candidates? GPS, Father Ryan, or Harpeth?

Marie Mullins - Father Ryan - she knows the game, great setter, leader, teammate, just lots of smarts, desire & ability. She would get my vote for POY.

Marie Mullins - Father Ryan - she knows the game, great setter, leader, teammate, just lots of smarts, desire & ability. She would get my vote for POY.

can't argue with that assessment. She is truly an amazing teamplayer and that should serve her well in any discussion about poy.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TheMagician

I guess it looks like we will get to see the two most mentioned D2 candidates, Mullins and Smith, have a chance to settle this on the court in the Boro.

I was impressed to see two SEC coaches in the Hutchison gym today!

I guess it looks like we will get to see the two most mentioned D2 candidates, Mullins and Smith, have a chance to settle this on the court in the Boro.

I was impressed to see two SEC coaches in the Hutchison gym today!

I don't know about D2...Marie Mullins is committed to playing at Austin Peay (D1-AA) in 2008. Smith would most likely go D1 also.

Enjoy the show.

Announcements