MBA vs Ensworth High

whoisjeff

Yep, this money/rich talk is really foolish and misguided. EVERY private school in the area has some wealthy parents. EVERY one of them. And most that come to mind right now, have added new facilites in the last year or two (MBA, Harpeth Hall, Brentwood Academy, Ensworth). To get mired in this stuff cheapens the fun of anticipating this game. Both schools have many really good students and athletes, coaching, etc. MBA ought to be a favorite, but EHS has the tools to surpise them. I learned from my playing days years ago, to shut up and just go out and play and try to take care of business. Parents, too, ought to keep it togetehr and not be "inflamatory" or cocky (both sides). Be proud of your kids, and root hard. Respect the winners and losers, both for their hard work. Corny, I know.

Not corny, just old...and I'm there with you.

When all is said and done, what does Ensworth project their HS enrollemnt to be? Also, if you know, are they looking to have the same football set up most schools have, i.e., a freshman. JV, and varsity team?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not corny, just old...and I'm there with you.

When all is said and done, what does Ensworth project their HS enrollemnt to be? Also, if you know, are they looking to have the same football set up most schools have, i.e., a freshman. JV, and varsity team?

Don't know. Ensworth has maybe 400 kids right now, of whom 200 are boys, so depth is an issue for more than one team (Varsity). Enrollment will probably top out at about 115-120 kids per class, I think, but still only 225 boys or so.

Everytime Ensworth beats a team, everyone says that team isnt any good. For example, when they beat Knox Webb (defending state champs) everyone said they lost there good players, and now McCallie. Ensworth upsets McCallie and now people are saying that they arent that good this year, whats next? When Ensworth beats MBA is it gonna be a bad game for MBA? People just face the facts Ensworth is an elite team.

I agree, at what point are all of you who are just jealous of a new team in the division that is killing everyone going to admit that we are good.

okay a couple things.

1) Saying Preston and Ben aren't worthy of UT is crazy.. Fulmer knows how to evaluate players, and if he offered them both a scholarship, that has to say something about them.

2) Stop with the which school is richer crap. Both are about as rich as you can get in middle TN-it doesn't matter in terms of what happens on Friday night.

3) Ensworth, everyone knows you have great athletes. The trouble I see is our OL and DL vs. MBA's OL and DL, which is probably the strength of our team. Sure, T and Orleans (and even Rodney) are great players, but unless Coach Bowers can find a way to get them the ball consistently in space, I just don't see EHS running the ball, their bread and butter, against a strong MBA DL.

4) Not trying to flame or attack anyone with this post, just a heads up. I think it is kind of sad, however, that everyone is praising Ensworth for "writing a blank check for sports" and already competing in D-II sports. Sure, that's great and awesome-I'll admit it. But, isn't Ensworth High School, first and foremost, supposed to be a High School

? I know, EHS has great facilities and some smart kids, just like MBA does. But I think it's wrong to elevate their athletics over academics-academics should come first always, no matter what. School is about more than sports, and people should recognize this. Not saying EHS doesn't, because clearly they have great academic instituitions, but its kind of annoying that all their fans can do is brag about their sports, while MBA can talk about sports-but also

our music, theater, debate (national championship), science olympiad, 15 national merit semifinalists, etc, etc.

5) In the end, I think that EHS' players will make plays-but so will MBA's. This game will be won in the trenches-

MBA 28, EHS 14.

This post has gotten so stupid its hurts to even read it. All the trash talking is ridiculous. Its all about the game and we will see friday night, all this rich poor talk is hypocritical no matter who it comes from on either side.

No kidding. On Friday night, we'll find out the truth. I know that I've been looking forward to this game since I heard that it was scheduled earlier this summer.

Since everyone seems to be mad at me for talking about other things I will talk about the game some more. I don't care what you say about tavarres and orleans, they dont stack up next to bartholomew. who is signed to go to TENNESSEE, not tsu, not mtsu, but UT. My prediction is that no one will be able to tackle him due to his size and speed. I know that he cant be brought down by the ehs defense, who do they have? the only ones i know of are corey sacks, malcolm grigsby, myers beard and daniel mcfadden and all of the guys I just listed are way too weak and small to take down bartholomew, even if they try they will get popped in their mouth.

You say you know them, so you are obviously a sophmore that probably doesnt even play, or are on the team and just stand there and watch the games.....you must not know anything about Myers or any of Ensworth, you just assume Ben is the best player in the world and can never we tackled by any person alive. Im pretty sure he hasnt done much to any team this year so i dont think Ensworth is to worried about that.

Back to the game.

Ensworth by 7

Ensworth with wil pound it over and over and then go with a play action and catch them off guard all game

I have to admit that I am very interested in what's going on at Ensworth. The whole idea that they would hire away one of the better coaches in the area (RB) from one of the elite private schools in the country and essentially give him a blank check to build an athletic powerhouse from the ground up peaks my interest to say the least. Their facilities are the best I have ever seen at the high school level. They are obviously aggresively pursuing athletes. I do NOT mean illegal recruiting. To have such a competitive athletic program only 4 years into your schools existance means you have brought in some athletes. They have an excellent coaching staff--many of which were lured away from other local schools (MBA, BA, CPA, etc). They have everything in place to build a powerhouse football program (and be very competitive in other sports as well).

But I do get the feeling that Ensworth fans are getting carried away at their first taste of success. I'm sure Bowers is keeping the players level headed, as any good coach would do. Without having seen either team play it's tough to make much of an analysis, but from what I've read and heard I think that MBA will win this game. McGugin better get it done. I know his 1st year is off to a great start, but he can not lose this game to a 1st year varsity program. B/c they are both run oriented teams my guess is it won't be high scoring. But I don't think Ensworth can stop MBA offensively. The big red are too big, strong, and physical for them and will slowly move the ball all night. Offensively, Ensworth may manage a couple of scores, but MBA is good enough to make adjustments and contain them. If they can contain Hillsboro who have div. I prospects at QB & RB, then they can certainly contain (if not shut down) Ensworth.

24-10, MBA

GREAT POST!!!!!

just disagree with one thing, MBA winning. Ensworth has really impressed me, nobody has stopped their O yet, PASSING or Running.

Ensworth by 1

I have heard Bailey is out for this game. If this is true, this is a major plus to Ensworth, and gives them a major advantage.

I went to the MBA v. Hiillsboro game and he would pancake a lineman then go blow over a linebacker. He is one heck of a player and makes a major difference for MBA and how they will do.

Is this game on channel 2 now because Maryville is of 27 (CSS). I have heard CSS will be commentating the game on channel 2 because MAryville in playing on 27 (CSS).

Good Luck to Both teams, can't wait to see this one.

Ensworth by 1

You say you know them, so you are obviously a sophmore that probably doesnt even play, or are on the team and just stand there and watch the games.....you must not know anything about Myers or any of Ensworth, you just assume Ben is the best player in the world and can never we tackled by any person alive. Im pretty sure he hasnt done much to any team this year so i dont think Ensworth is to worried about that.

Back to the game.

Ensworth by 7

Ensworth with wil pound it over and over and then go with a play action and catch them off guard all game

You say that but hes averaging over 10 yards a carry, and caught a 52 yard reception for a TD @ ravenwood. Just pointing it out.