MBA vs Ensworth High

whoisjeff

scout rates jordan the 23rd best running back in the nation, and has gotten offers from Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Auburn, Georgia Tech and Tennessee. i dunno i might be an idiot but those schools seem pretty "big time" to me

sure they are big time, but preston was getting offers from Michigan, Florida, etc.. basically wherever he wanted to go. I was not bashing CJ, i was just stating that people look for potential in recruiting more than just raw talent.

Knee brace. Typo, calm down. And no one directly answered my question so I'm assuming that he's not playing in the game.

i answered your question

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your ignorance is amazing. Ben is a lot bigger than his brother was and Will did extremely well at UT. I doubt you have seen him because whether it's in person or when he's on the field, he looks like a monster compared to the people around him.

I dont think size is a problem for Ben, he is big now and will continue to get bigger. Also he is very fast for someone his size and from what i have heard he is a hard worker. Many people question whether he is naturally a good football player. Will was a freakishly good football player and an amazing athelete, i am not sure ( i havent seen him, i could be wrong) if ben has that feel for the game and natural ability to play on the SEC level.

Im not trying to spark an argument but if you have "raw talent" doesnt that mean you have potential?

the best example i can come up with is, a 5'10 lineman lineman who dominates in highshool will get nowhere near as many offers as a 6'5 lineman who does well in highschool but isnt a standout in every game. the 6'5 lineman will get recruited, bulked up in college and turn out to be a good collegiate player while the 5'10 player will probably get zero to no offers eventhough he was clearly a better highschool player.

I've heard Rader is a great player, I hope that Ensworth does not overlook him. What are his strengths and weaknesses?

It is interesting that people feel as if all this trash talk determines the game. ACTIONS speak louder than words. Just play hard and good luck to both teams, since I seem to be one of the few unbiased people in this thread.

Now to my reply:

The backs for Ensworth, Jefferson and Orleans(?), will be a challenge, but not as tough as Hillsboro's duo, for MBA.

However,

S Rader is a great playmaker for the MBA defense, actually. I've been to a few games and he has had a few monsterous hits this year (including one of the hardest hits i've seen against Hillsboro's Eric Gordon) as someone said in an earlier post, and has made some great plays breaking up passes. Yet, with the big name Bartholomew on the same side of the ball he doesn't receive much of the attention. Along with him in the secondary, S Nathan Wade can lay the wood and has also made some good plays. Don't underestimate the MBA secondary, as I also saw this in an earlier post. Vinsang also plays some cornerback and has done a decent job when he has been needed in a few crunch time situations.

I recently heard about some of the post being put on this website by some of the "Ensworth Community". As far as I know none of the football players have posted on here. I do know, however, that most of the "trash talk" put on here are from non- players looking to grab attention. Please disregard these as they are not worth looking at.

Back to the game...

I predict that this is anybodies game at this point. It will be played out on the field. This is Ensworth's chance to get themselves noticed as one of the big dogs. Their win over Mcallie was nice, but Mcallie is having a down year. A win against MBA would be much more significant. This is MBA's homecoming game and I was told they decided to play us because they thought we could be beaten easily. After their close win to Ravenwood and our big win over Mcallie they should recognize our undiscovered talent as a football program. I still think EHS is underrated but we will see Friday night. As with any game though whoever wants it more will win.

Whoever said Preston and Ben aren't worthy of a scholarship to UT is ignorant and knows nothing about recruiting. Recruiting is not all about raw talent, notice Jordan of BA has not gotten nearly as many big time offers as both Bailey and Bartholomew,

Excuse me...just a quick request. Could you please re-post this in a larger font so it can be more easily read from a distance on the bulletin board? Thanks. Good luck Friday.