MBA vs Ensworth High

whoisjeff

Great game by BOTH teams!

Congratulations MBA on the win.

Ensworth you played very well and now they need to rename it to the 'Super 8' because you DO belong.

Somebody at MBA really needs to buy Number 2 a BIG steak dinner or anything else he wants to eat. He EARNED it tonight!

Number 2 you played a heck of a game! I haven't seen a fullback play with that much POWER since watching the Dolphins back in the early 70's.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the video stream, with audio (in stereo) was awesome! Whoever is responsible for it, many thanks...it was like watching on a regular TV.

Looks like the stadium was packed...are the students all in the end zone now? The cameras never panned over there. But the visitors' side had no empty seats.

And what is up with Coach Bowers and the golf shoes?

MBA really needs to work on the passing game...it was non-existent tonight. Really conservative gameplan by Coach McGuigin.

great win...congrats to Coach McGuigin...I bet this was an emotional win for him over his former coach and mentor.

the video stream, with audio (in stereo) was awesome! Whoever is responsible for it, many thanks...it was like watching on a regular TV.

Looks like the stadium was packed...are the students all in the end zone now? The cameras never panned over there. But the visitors' side had no empty seats.

And what is up with Coach Bowers and the golf shoes?

MBA really needs to work on the passing game...it was non-existent tonight. Really conservative gameplan by Coach McGuigin.

great win...congrats to Coach McGuigin...I bet this was an emotional win for him over his former coach and mentor.

Yes, the feed was fantastic!

Fantastic game MBA and Ensworth.

Ensworth is an excellent football team that is certainly a contender to win it all.

MBA did a good job of pounding it out when they needed to, but it seemed to me that Ensworth really did a good job of gap control. IMO, when there were holes there, the MBA backs did not do a good job of finding them; their cuts were slow and late. With Ensworth's speed, the holes quickly filled.

I was excited to be there; it's the start of a great rivalry! I'd love to see this one play out again later this year.

Roll Red Roll!

disappointed in the game atmosphere. It had all the makings of something to remember but the crowd was a dud. Both stands were packed but there were a lot of people sitting on their hands. Spaghetti was much better than the main course! Two pretty good teams though.

Ensworth played well tonight. Tavarres Jefferson has great juke moves; Jacques Seward from Hillsboro was a tough matchup for MBA, but I really didn't see any dropoff from him to Jefferson. In fact, I thought Jefferson was slightly better, although both are great game-breakers. What really impressed me about EHS, however, was its defense; they played rather well, although they bended some in the fourth quarter. It was no surprise that EHS was well-coached.

Nice win for MBA. It was a good week for MBA, with three shutouts of Ensworth (12-0 7th grade game, 20-0 8th grade game), but these varsity games with EHS will always be battles.

First off, let me just say this--Ensworth is NOT a contender for a state championship this year. Ok, just had to get that out of the way. They played a tough game, but people get back to their computers after a feel good moral victory and start talking about them being a contender. I'm not trying to be negative or be a hater, it's just the truth.

It was certainly a hard fought game, no doubt about it. I thought MBA's defense looked strong--very disciplined and solid. Offensively, they really seemed to struggle with the passing game. I think they will have a lot of difficulty scoring against BA next week. The running game was solid. Bartholomew is one tough guy. But they should have been able to score more then 14 pts.

Jefferson is a game breaker for Ensworth, but I never felt like they were a threat to score unless Jefferson broke a long one. Their passing game is also weak. I give the defense credit, they surprised me. But MBA's offense is just so one-dimensional. If you can contain the run then you're in good shape and that's what Ensworth did.

The focus is now on MBA and BA next Friday night.