Mid Tennessee Classic

play4keeps

With all due respect to every tourney in the State of TN....(Ryan, Choo-Choo, The State Tourney, and every single district tourney).....this is by far the best tournament that this state has seen in years. I have been around for some time and I have not seen this kind of competition since Brentwood used to have the b*lls to schedule Alabama and Kentucky teams at their tournament.

I am super excited to come and watch this weekend. I cant believe the amount of teams that are coming to Middle TN this weekend.

I personally cant wait to see Dobb Bennent, Stone Memorial, Ootewal whatever, and GPS. This weekend is going to be fantastic.

Oh and after your respected team gets beat and you are still in the Boro, please head over to MTSU and watch the visiting Virginia Cavaliers and the Sad Blue Raiders play football. They need all the butts in seats they can get.

You are correct nice really nice field... Look for Huntsville to be in the finals...... against Centennial

now, can anyone give me a scouting report on Trigg County? Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, if your team does play at Blackman HS be sure you don't let your girls go in / out of the gym doors that lead directly to the outside! Right Clifford?? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Surely you are not worried about a BIG BURELY GUY??? Or are you? That was not a good scene.

Surely you are not worried about a BIG BURELY GUY??? Or are you? That was not a good scene.

Thought maybe there was a connection that's why I had to mention it. In all seriousness, I hope you all have fun and I truly do feel y'all run a great tournament! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thought maybe there was a connection that's why I had to mention it. In all seriousness, I hope you all have fun and I truly do feel y'all run a great tournament! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

vballDaddy78 --I just happened to be there to see the terrible situation. Most of these tournaments are fund raisers for the schools. Sneaking food and such in the back door should never happen.We will try to keep a short leash on our BOUNCER. Just kidding. Should be a great weekend of volleyball

There was a pool change I was informed of by play4keeps and also noticed on the schedules posted by BHSVB. BGA moved from Pool 2 at Siegel to Pool 4 and Stone Memorial moved from Pool 4 to Pool 2. I have made the necessary edits to the schedules here on coacht so that the scoreboard is correct.

I will be at the Blackman site tonight to do a little scouting for some teams of interest and to call in scores to coacht of the results there. I hope that others can do the same for the Siegel site so that everyone can see how the matches are going.

Results from Blackman of Friday's Pool Play:

Pool 1:

Father Ryan d. Blackman 2-1 (26-28, 25-16, 15-8

Father Ryan d. Chat. Christ. 2-0 (25-10, 25-6)

Blackman d. Chat Christ. 2-0 (25-10, 25-19)

Father Ryan d. Trigg Co. 2-0 (25-4, 25-9)

Blackman d. Trigg Co. 2-0 (25-15, 25-6)

Chat. Christ. d. Trigg Co. 2-1 (28-30, 25-19, 15-4)

Pool 1 Finish:

1 Father Ryan 3-0

2 Blackman 2-1

3 Chat. Christ. 1-2

4 Trigg Co. 0-3

Pool 2:

Lebanon d. USN 2-1 (23-25, 25-22, 15-9)

Ooltewah d. Lebanon 2-1 (25-14, 22-25, 15-7)

Houston d. USN 2-0 (25-14, 25-20)

Ooltewah d. USN 2-0 (25-10, 25-14)

Houston d. Lebanon 2-0 (25-18, 25-15)

Houston d. Ooltewah 2-0 (25-21, 25-14)

Pool 2 Finish

1 Houston 3-0

2 Ooltewah 2-1

3 Lebanon 1-2

4 USN 0-3

Pool 3:

Cookeville d. Bartlett 2-0 (25-23, 25-22)

Cookeville d. Summertown 2-0 (25-20, 25-21)

Bartlett d. Summertown 2-1 (25-15, 24-26, 15-10)

Dobyns-Bennett d. Cookeville 2-1 (24-26, 25-20, 15-7)

Dobyns-Bennett d. Bartlett 2-0 (25-12, 25-17)

Dobyns-Bennett d. Summertown 2-0 (25-17, 25-15)

Pool 3 Finish

1 Dobyns-Bennett 3-0

2 Cookeville 2-1

3 Bartlett 1-2

4 Summertown 0-3

Pool 4:

Ensworth d. Eagleville 2-0 (25-20, 25-13)

Ensworth d. Franklin 2-1 (27-25, 21-25, 18-16)

Ensworth d. St. Agnes 2-0 (27-25, 25-20)

Franklin d. Eagleville 2-0 (25-22, 25-17)

St. Agnes d. Eagleville 2-0 (25-15, 25-16)

Franklin d. St. Agnes 2-0 (25-18, 27-25)

Pool 4 Finish

1 Ensworth 3-0

2 Franklin 2-1

3 St. Agnes 1-2

4 Eagleville 0-3

Pool Set-Up for Saturdays' Pool Play at Blackman:

Pool E (1st place teams) - Main Gym Court 1

1 Father Ryan

2 Houston

3 Dobyns-Bennett

4 Ensworth

Pool F (2nd place teams) - Main Gym Court 2

1 Blackman

2 Ooltewah

3 Cookeville

4 Franklin

Pool G (3rd place teams) - Auxiliary Gym Court 1

1 Chat. Christ.

2 Lebanon

3 Bartlett

4 St. Agnes

Pool H (4th place teams) - Auxiliary Gym Court 2

1 Trigg Co.

2 USN

3 Summertown

4 Eagleville

All Pools will have the same schedule:

8:00 - 1 vs 4

9:00 - 2 vs 4

10:00 - 1 vs 3

11:00 - 1 vs 2

12:00 - 3 vs 4

1:00 - 2 vs 3

After Saturday's Pool Play:

Pools E and F will stay at Blackman for the Gold Bracket

Pools G and H will go to Siegel for the Silver Bracket

I have no results for the Friday Pool Play at Siegel - sorry

At Siegel on Saturday, they will also have pools of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams:

Pool A (1st Place Teams)

Pool B (2nd Place Teams)

Pool C (3rd Place Teams)

Pool D (4th Place Teams)

They will play a different schedule than the one at Blackman:

8:00 - 2 vs 3

9:00 - 1 vs 3

10:00 - 2 vs 4

11:00 - 1 vs 2

12:00 - 3 vs 4

1:00 - 1 vs 4

After Saturday's Pool Plays:

Pools A and B will go to Blackman for the Gold Bracket

Pools C and D will stay at Siegel for the Silver Bracket

Bracket play at both sites begins at 3 PM with the Gold at Blackman and the Silver at Siegel.

The brackets will be single elimination.

The Quarter Finals start at 5 PM.

The Semi-Finals start at 6 PM

The Finals start at approximately 7 PM

I will be at Blackman all day and try to get any many results as possible.

PM, thanks for the updates. I'm out of town watching some college Vball and was glad to be able to see results. By the way, and I'm not making excuses but I know Ooltewah was at least without there primary setter (don't know who else might have been missing) because she (Gretchen Higdon) was crowned homecoming queen last night at the football game. Good luck today!!

Well it seems the schedule you originally had for Pool 4 at Siegel was correct and the two you referenced (mine and posted) were incorrect. WC did, in fact, play Stone Memorial last night in Pool 4 at Siegel. We lost to Riverdale 2-1 (25-22, 24-26, 16-14), beat Stone Memorial 2-0 and lost to Independence 2-0.

Onward and upward /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Don't worry about it P4K - I'll clean up the schedules tomorrow and add the Saturday pool matches from Blackman along the the Gold Bracket matches.

There was one unfortunate schedule problem involving Ensworth on Sat. morning in that they apparently looked at the times for the Siegel site instead of the Blackman site and thought they played at 10 AM. They had an 8 AM and 9 AM match at Blackman which were forfeited to Father Ryan and Houston. I really felt bad for them since they had won their pool Fri. night and could have placed better in the Gold Bracket if they had played their full Sat. Pool Schedule. I'll have the full results for Sat. at Blackman tomorrow morning.

Huntsville won the Gold Bracket and Smyrna and Stone Memorial were in the Silver Bracket Championship match at last report. Going to bed - too tired for more.

Don't worry about it P4K - I'll clean up the schedules tomorrow and add the Saturday pool matches from Blackman along the the Gold Bracket matches.

There was one unfortunate schedule problem involving Ensworth on Sat. morning in that they apparently looked at the times for the Siegel site instead of the Blackman site and thought they played at 10 AM. They had an 8 AM and 9 AM match at Blackman which were forfeited to Father Ryan and Houston. I really felt bad for them since they had won their pool Fri. night and could have placed better in the Gold Bracket if they had played their full Sat. Pool Schedule. I'll have the full results for Sat. at Blackman tomorrow morning.

Huntsville won the Gold Bracket and Smyrna and Stone Memorial were in the Silver Bracket Championship match at last report. Going to bed - too tired for more.

Pageman, the situation with Ensworth was pretty unfortunate but what was fortunate in the long run was they made it to Blackman Saturday nite but idt not win as Siegel won a hard fought match with the. They have a very good team and will compete very well the rest of the year. Play4Keeps, sorry I could not help you and page with games at Siegel as I wias a little restrained this year but had a great deal of intest and was able to see some of the event. There is no question as there was no question last year that at this time of the year, this is one of the best Tournaments around and with just the addition of a few teams, this could have been a mini prestate Tournament. it is good enough as it is. While there are some glitches in the Tourney, this is a great event. The foresight in adding some out of state teams really added to the event. While not seeing Trigg, the team from Huntsville showed efficiency I am sure every team in the Tourney should aspire to achieve. They were very very good.

The match between OOletwah and GPS showed what was at stake in the event between the two teams at this event. These two teams play each other many times each year and this game meant a lot with two rivals. Both players and coaches and fans really got in to the match and it was obvious they played each other before as almost everything was contested. The usual teams Saturday met at Blackman with DB, Germantown, Cookeville, Blackman, Siegel, Independence, Centinnel, GPS, OOtlewah, Father Ryan, KC as well as Huntsville. Yep, winning meant a lot but as the event went on it was obvious to some that many coaches and players took in the atmosphere to condition all involved as to what was going to happen in the next few weeks. That was important.

Yes Brentwood and Greenbriar and Ravenwood was missed, as well as Sullivan South and some others from East Tennessee but look at what now you can look forward to at the state. Some of these teams will and will not make it to the Boro but look at what they were able to do to reward them for a hard fought season. A lot has been posted about the ST format and how teams they get to the BORO but this certainly had the atmosphere of the competition of years past for those who still like the social part of the event.

One last word. Blackman and Siegel know how to put on an event this size. The coach at Blackman deserves a lot of credit as well as the Coach at Siegel. History will tell you later how good this event truly was. At this time of the year with as much changing in scheduling, etc, it appears to an observer that the reason for it's success and the teams showing up is that it fills a need. You will have to figure out, if you attended, what that need was but the rest of us can only stand in awe at the first class teams that played and again the attendance of the first class coaches with these teams. But it was also a grading system for those Coaches in attendence who have something to do with clubs thruout the state that they too have some work to do to continue to elevate play even higher and to emphasize efficiency of play and for players to look around them and see what thaey can be. Good Tournament.