Melrose's #32 is pulled from game by father

highschoolking

Wow........since when has melrose had only one playmaker. Boy, times sure have changed.

Well I got this information from inhouse at Melrose. The coach is old school. His philosophy is that Seniors should start. Melrose has a ton of talent that never makes it on to the field. They have at least 20 players on the sideline that can start at any other school but are on the bench. Melrose have the young twins and these kids are blazing fast. The rumor is that they are going to transfer.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got this information from inhouse at Melrose. The coach is old school. His philosophy is that Seniors should start. Melrose has a ton of talent that never makes it on to the field. They have at least 20 players on the sideline that can start at any other school but are on the bench. Melrose have the young twins and these kids are blazing fast. The rumor is that they are going to transfer.

I've heard about the twins and I heard that they will be somewhere else next year. From what I've heard, they may become Mitchell Tigers. But ... that's all rumor mill stuff, second hand information ... at best.

Melrose played a cupcake team

So much we don't know about the situation, but as a coach, if I am playing a "cupcake" team, then those are the games where I allow kids who may have less talent (#34), but have practiced all summer and all week, to have an opportunity to play. Why would I risk injury to my only "playmaker" (#32) in a game we are going to easily win. Like I said, just a thought but no one knows the whole situation other than Coach and player.

So much we don't know about the situation, but as a coach, if I am playing a "cupcake" team, then those are the games where I allow kids who may have less talent (#34), but have practiced all summer and all week, to have an opportunity to play. Why would I risk injury to my only "playmaker" (#32) in a game we are going to easily win. Like I said, just a thought but no one knows the whole situation other than Coach and player.

How right you are, because I bet you didn't know that Hamilton was favored to win. Did you know that the score was 0- 0 in the first quarter when #32 was pulled. Melrose didn't know that Hamilton was going to be that awful. So noone expected Melrose to blow Hamilton out.

It is always a stupid inadequate coachs fault. They are not the one that spend all the practice time and work out time with all the players after all, the dad I am sure has paid just as much attention on the other young man as his own. Coaches should start a forum or website where they can question every parent on the way they have raised their children, no most coaches are too classy for that.

I wasn't doubting you. I'm just not used to seeing melrose hurting for talent. (Glad to know it's still there.) I think Melrose is in the top 20 as far as high school teams with players currently in the NFL. I know they used to be.