Karns @ Jefferson County

Warlock

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job Patriots!!! Defense really took a stand several key moments in the game. Glad to see Townsend get a hit for a loss. And Stewart got a couple of big plays too. O Line needs to keep working on their blocking on some plays. Just a little more passing would have been nice. Brooks, McFall and Long all had TDs and FG by Gibson #3? I understand that Gut wants to let the JV team play some cause of their hard work during the week but....I think he put them in way to early in the game. Just like last week it was 3 and out with no yards gained and on the second time no yards gained and a fumble, just like last week. Their not ready for prime time just yet against a 1st string D. Hopefully he'll wait till there is less time on the clock to put the JV in. Over all a great win by JC and glad to see Coach Anderson break the streak!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Hopefully they can do it again at SH. Come to think of it every win from now on will break a streak, won't it???

A win is a win, but JC looked flat and very uninspired. Considering it was a must win to make the playoffs and Karns has had a terrible year, I expected us to come out and execute and have some fun. Defense looked a step slower than usual... maybe two steps slower. Persuit from the backside was non existent. Would someone please teach our kids to tackle. Secondary looked terrible tonight. Soft coverage and very little run support. I hope we spend some time on tackling fundamentals because SH's RB will kill us if we don't get upfield and wrap up. Offense looked terrible in the first half. I heard we were running the veer. It looks a lot like a split backfield that is predetermined. Passing game looked better. Long made some nice throws but once again, it was the 2nd half before we used it.....then guess what....the run opened up.....amazing. Two games in a row without losing a fumble....not counting the 2nd team.

Next two games are a must and both are very winnable, if we come out and play inspired football. This team is not a front runner. They seem to play better after falling behind.

A win is a win, but JC looked flat and very uninspired. Considering it was a must win to make the playoffs and Karns has had a terrible year, I expected us to come out and execute and have some fun. Defense looked a step slower than usual... maybe two steps slower. Persuit from the backside was non existent. Would someone please teach our kids to tackle. Secondary looked terrible tonight. Soft coverage and very little run support. I hope we spend some time on tackling fundamentals because SH's RB will kill us if we don't get upfield and wrap up. Offense looked terrible in the first half. I heard we were running the veer. It looks a lot like a split backfield that is predetermined. Passing game looked better. Long made some nice throws but once again, it was the 2nd half before we used it.....then guess what....the run opened up.....amazing. Two games in a row without losing a fumble....not counting the 2nd team.

Next two games are a must and both are very winnable, if we come out and play inspired football. This team is not a front runner. They seem to play better after falling behind.

Good recap. Tackling must improve and IMO our DE's and CB's must improve for us to beat Science Hill. I think we are strong up the middle with our DT's and LB's but if the other team gets around the end our LB's usally have to make the tackle. That has to improve.

The offense is still very erratic but I have to contribute that to the play calling. Seems like we are afraid to open it up - until we just have to! We can't be afraid to spread it around a little early in a game - heck we might be able to move the ball in the 1st quarter if we give it a shot. But we got the W and lets just be happy, and hope the Patriots learned a lot from last night (players and coaches).