What's going on at Lexington?

Solomon

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know Sol when I saw Lexington play Crockett Co. in the Jamboree neither impressed me at all...but then I thought maybe it was a case of two equally good teams that just stuffed the other one. Well they were equal alright...just equally under skilled and without any real playmakers. I think the Tigers are just rebuilding still...they lost two big athletically gifted classes and sometimes its hard to overcome. Considering that the Jr High killed our little Lions this season I think things will be looking up in a couple years. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You know Sol when I saw Lexington play Crockett Co. in the Jamboree neither impressed me at all...but then I thought maybe it was a case of two equally good teams that just stuffed the other one. Well they were equal alright...just equally under skilled and without any real playmakers. I think the Tigers are just rebuilding still...they lost two big athletically gifted classes and sometimes its hard to overcome. Considering that the Jr High killed our little Lions this season I think things will be looking up in a couple years. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We Know About that Rebuilding Stage Huh Lions? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It Could Take Awhile.

What I find confusing it that I thought the middle school programs there had been decent the past few years. I just don't get it.........

Wish I knew what was wrong. They returned a bunch of starters from a team that was the region runner up last year. They lost Allen Threadgill, Collins Bailey, and Christos, but returned the bulk of that runner up team. They lost 2 key players at the start of the season, and that did hurt.

I think its just a bad year for Lexington to be down. McNairy is having their best year in a while, FW is finally capitalizing on all that talent, Bolivar has become a legitimate team, and Southside is just Southside. Hard to be rebuilding this year.

They are the second largest school in their region with over 900 students. They have almost 4A numbers. Maybe than can handle Chester Co.

Lets not forget that they were playing good football early. Its not like they got beat by a bunch of cupcakes before this Liberty game. I admit something went way wrong for them to lose 47-0 to Liberty, but they also played some freshmen early in that game and a lot of young players were in before the game got out of hand. I think the coaches might have used this non-region game to see what some of these young players could do before they got back into region play. Right now they are out of the playoffs, they need some kind of spark to get them back into contention, I think they were looking for it in those young players Friday night.

Don't think they found it though. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Lexington is young this year. The only seniors that saw much playing time last year were Sims and Huddleston. We only have 6 seniors right now that are playing Keck, Martin, Rush, Birchett, Rickman, and Huddleston. Some of these guys only play 1 way. So the majority of our lineup are juniors and sophomores. We have a sophomore quarterback. We did lose alot last year, Adamopoulos, Bailey, Bondsteel, Griffin, Hay, Maness, Melton, Payne, Pearson, Smith, Threadgill and Yates. It seems to me that the blame keeps getting placed on the Seniors but only 6 playing at the time, I would say it is not just the seniors fault.

I agree with you, Montague. Things got way out of control on Friday night. There were starters on the sidelines and freshman were playing. I think the coaches have started looking to the future and are not focusing on this season anymore. I know the boys are discouraged and down. This last Friday night was not pretty. With starters on the sidelines and the coaches putting younger guys in their places. Obviously that did not work, and even when they could see it wasnt working, they didnt change things.

I agree with you, Montague. Things got way out of control on Friday night. There were starters on the sidelines and freshman were playing. I think the coaches have started looking to the future and are not focusing on this season anymore. I know the boys are discouraged and down. This last Friday night was not pretty. With starters on the sidelines and the coaches putting younger guys in their places. Obviously that did not work, and even when they could see it wasnt working, they didnt change things.

He would not be the first coach to do so. I have heard of a number of programs over the years that had a weak senior class that was not getting it done early in the season and they benched them to play more sophomores and freshmen. A loss is a loss if you get beat by 14 with seniors or 40 with freshmen and sophomores makes no difference except the next season when those youngsters come in seasoned as opposed to green.