pearl-cohn at dekalb county

BC. Any info on Mason as a prospect would be helpful. Offers, visits, etc. Thanks. BTW, at this point in time I agree about the back of the year.

ruse?

I believe the list that I read in the Tennessean a few weeks ago included Kentucky, Indiana, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Southern Miss, Alabama, Arkansas, North Carolina, MTSU, and several Division I Subdivision Schools (formerly I-AA). It said in the paper that some teams will want him as a quarterback while others would like to make him either a wide receiver or possibly even a defensive back.

Mason has made it clear that he wants to play quarterback at the next level. I personally believe he can do it based on the success that he's having this season. The excuses everyone used last year about "throwing it up for grabs and letting Rashad Mason, Brian Gupton, or Jeremy Gordon use their height and athleticism to go up and get it" is gone now that all of those guys graduated last year and Mason is still having a big year without all of those great players.

Deaunte Mason is already drawing comparisons to Tennessee Titans superstar quarterback Vince Young for the athletic plays he has made this year and for the arm strength in which he posesses. I personally believe that the most similar quality between the two players is the fact that they are both WINNERS and do whatever it takes to better increase their team's chances of success.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the list that I read in the Tennessean a few weeks ago included Kentucky, Indiana, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Southern Miss, Alabama, Arkansas, North Carolina, MTSU, and several Division I Subdivision Schools (formerly I-AA). It said in the paper that some teams will want him as a quarterback while others would like to make him either a wide receiver or possibly even a defensive back.

Mason has made it clear that he wants to play quarterback at the next level. I personally believe he can do it based on the success that he's having this season. The excuses everyone used last year about "throwing it up for grabs and letting Rashad Mason, Brian Gupton, or Jeremy Gordon use their height and athleticism to go up and get it" is gone now that all of those guys graduated last year and Mason is still having a big year without all of those great players.

Deaunte Mason is already drawing comparisons to Tennessee Titans superstar quarterback Vince Young for the athletic plays he has made this year and for the arm strength in which he posesses. I personally believe that the most similar quality between the two players is the fact that they are both WINNERS and do whatever it takes to better increase their team's chances of success.

Thanks Big Country.

When I was up in Ohio, @ the Ohio vs. The USA gig, I hooked up with a bunch of old coaching buddies who either are still nuts enough to be in it, or are close to those that choose to be. Mostly MAC, Miami, OH, Toledo, Central Michigan, and then Cinci, Louisville, and KY. They were asking about him, and the truth is I had only seen him against Fulton last season, but from what I saw, he did/does have D1 talent @ QB. Glad to see he is getting noticed.

ruse?

I think the Firebirds take this one handily. Greenbrier and White House could challenge them but I think their biggest test in the region will be against Station Camp.

Pearl Cohn gets to play ALL of those teams at "Pearl Cohn Field" in Nashville which SHOULD BE somewhat of a benefit because that is a very tough place to win a football game for an opposing team. The combo of the band playing and the D.J. (I mean P.A. announcer) can be intimidating to most teams that visit the Firebirds.

Greenbrier's performance there two years ago in the game that the Bobcats won 7-0 and dominated the game from the outset is still very impressive in my opinion.

Pearl Cohn gets to play ALL of those teams at "Pearl Cohn Field" in Nashville which SHOULD BE somewhat of a benefit because that is a very tough place to win a football game for an opposing team. The combo of the band playing and the D.J. (I mean P.A. announcer) can be intimidating to most teams that visit the Firebirds.

Greenbrier's performance there two years ago in the game that the Bobcats won 7-0 and dominated the game from the outset is still very impressive in my opinion.

Yes I have hear a lot about that place, I need to get to a game there sometime! It sounds like a great atmosphere. I still think Station Camp will go down there and win. White House is going to be tough and looking better every game too but I think Pearl Cohn will take care of them.

i would just like to tell dekalb good job, they played pearl cohn tough, they prolly gave pc a scare, DC was down 14-7 with nine min until their spped player and best linebacker corey cripps got carted off in an ambulance. But DC does not have a redzone O they got down there three or four times, but couldnt punch it in. mason didnt have a huge passing game but they hardly passed. They could have thrown all over that Unproven DeKalb Seconday. BUt PC did but up monster numbers on the ground 315. pottee did good last night for his first start against a super fast d. but you just cant get sacked on fourth down. but good job for both teams.

Was really surprised to see the score for this one. Maybe PC was thinking it would be the DC of old. But still serves as a wake-up call to PC before a huge region game this friday.

I think possibly next year or the year after that DC can be competing for a playoff spot.

i hope so because i know that those boys are working hard and it shows from their improvment. coach trapp has started a good thing there he just has a tough region to play in. but they do los key seniors this year. cripps collier m cantrell so they could be hurting.