pearl-cohn at dekalb county

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pearl Cohn is playing well right now having won their last four in a row while DeKalb Co. is still winless on the season and the upcoming schedule is not kind with PC, WH, & Sycamore all looming.

I would expect this one to go the Firebirds way as they get one final tune-up before their three HUGE TESTS down the stretch of this season against White House, Greenbrier, & Station Camp. That will be the series of games that decides whether Pearl Cohn is capable of repeating as Region 4-3A Champions.

Pearl Cohn: 40

DeKalb Co.: 14

PC should and will win this one. DeKalb has improved since last year as I think some of the PC players and staff will notice, but still not enough to win this game.

Like BC said, this is Pearl's last game to iron out any wrinkles in their gameplan and excution, before they play the other teams contending for the region title. I do think Pearl-Cohn is able to repeat as region champs, it's just a matter of what the rest of region has to say about that.

Pearl-Cohn: 41

DeKalb: 7

Pearl Cohn quarterback Deaunte Mason has thrown for 1,011 yards and 12TDs compared to just 2INTs thus far this season and has rushed for an additional 350 yards and 5TDs. That's a total of 1,361 yards and 17TDs.

That's not too shabby considering that he's playing on an offense that outside of himself has 0 STARTERS back from last year's semifinal team (Gregory is no longer playing). He's got my personal vote right now to win Class 3A Mr. Football for Backs.

Linebacker Howard Griffin will also likely be a finalist for just about every award a defensive player can receive. He's the best overall player in Region 4-3A no question about it.

Pearl Cohn quarterback Deaunte Mason has thrown for 1,011 yards and 12TDs compared to just 2INTs thus far this season and has rushed for an additional 350 yards and 5TDs. That's a total of 1,361 yards and 17TDs.

That's not too shabby considering that he's playing on an offense that outside of himself has 0 STARTERS back from last year's semifinal team (Gregory is no longer playing). He's got my personal vote right now to win Class 3A Mr. Football for Backs.

Linebacker Howard Griffin will also likely be a finalist for just about every award a defensive player can receive. He's the best overall player in Region 4-3A no question about it.

BC. Any info on Mason as a prospect would be helpful. Offers, visits, etc. Thanks. BTW, at this point in time I agree about the back of the year.

ruse?

If the mighty firebirds look to celebrate their back to back football state champships (the only team in nashville-metro schools to do so. Then it starts this friday aganist dekalb. Now a little history in 1998 the firebirds shout out all there opponets from week 6 all the way up to the state title game when they gave up 16 points to M-ville but pearl-cohn won 32-16. Now its 2007 Pearl-cohn is in 3A and M-ville well there still M-ville in 4A. but the road to mtsu starts this week against dekalb. and then the toughest region schedule i have ever seen. luckly their all at home. the firebirds should when big in this game 35-0