I think La Russa is going where ever Jocketty goes. Cincy probably.

Yesterday's word out of Cincy media was that the Reds were near to an announcement concerning a President or Head of Baseball Operations position for Jocketty. I certainly hope it happens!

If LaRussa, or Dave Duncan (preferably) comes along with J., then I guess I could handle that.

Just happy to see the Reds giving a SERIOUS effort to do something, finally! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

---r x 2

Yesterday's word out of Cincy media was that the Reds were near to an announcement concerning a President or Head of Baseball Operations position for Jocketty. I certainly hope it happens!

If LaRussa, or Dave Duncan (preferably) comes along with J., then I guess I could handle that.

Just happy to see the Reds giving a SERIOUS effort to do something, finally! /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />

---r x 2

You guys got Dusty Baker. Thats a pretty good start.

I'm glad the Jocketty/La Russa package didn't go to Cincy. I agree with Sol, I think he was the most underrated GM in the game. The last thing I want to see is that pair at a NL Central rival. Especially since Sweet Lou has dibs on A-Rod whenever he leaves the Yankees and with the Brewers having such a young and talented team.

Glad to see TLR is coming back for a couple reasons.

First, I think he's the best manager in the game.

Second, that shows me that Dewitt and Co are going to open up the pocketbooks a bit and try to field contenders in 08 and 09. No way TLR comes back otherwise.

But, for the next couple of weeks, go Rockies!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

---r x 2

Don't know why it took so long, but it's good to see this move by the Reds ownership/Castellini.