01' Cloudland Vs. 06 Hampton

ENHWasps

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make good points I'm definately not saying that that cloudland didn't have weapons because obviously they did but they were very limitied to the run game which is what eventually got them beat but you are right that ezell team was just unbelieveable they could probably have won state in any of the divisions that year.I just believe that the recent teams from Hampton are more rounded on offense and they could have some of those gaudy scores but JC won't allow it there's no reason to humiliate these high school kids the coaches in all sports at hampton would always tell us "we'll have to play them again sometime boys".

You STILL missed his point, Even being "very limited" to the run that team could not be stopped. Because of penalty yards I watched them pick up a 1st down on 4th and 51, yes 4th and 51! on a RUN. We could pass the ball, we just never had to. 2 Mr. Footballs on 1 team speaks for the talent on that team.

they were actually not very limited to the running game. they just did it cuz no one could stop it. byrd could throw the ball alot farther than lunsford probably more acurately. even ezell never consistently stopped cloudland's running game cuz cloudland scored 30 against them. the only problem was ezell scored 60...

I know he could throw it you just didn't have anybody to catch it and make big plays and your post actually supports what I'm saying they continued to run the ball when they were in a shootout you can't beat a big play passing attack by srictly running the football its like bringing a knife to a gunfight you will lose everytime.

Mark was not the only thing we had. Farthest thing from the truth. Opinions vary, too bad we will never know. They both kicked the $%@# out of ENHtrouble starters teams at Cosby though. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Youre so stupid. Hoe am I starting trouble? Why cant we have a good thread w/o some idiot saying stuff like this. this is a very interesting topic that I want to hear the opinions of. Some of you guys say the dumbest things.

I know he could throw it you just didn't have anybody to catch it and make big plays and your post actually supports what I'm saying they continued to run the ball when they were in a shootout you can't beat a big play passing attack by srictly running the football its like bringing a knife to a gunfight you will lose everytime.

Even if we had thrown the ball it wouldn't have mattered, not what we faced. You made your own point when you ran up against Trousdale.

You STILL missed his point, Even being "very limited" to the run that team could not be stopped. Because of penalty yards I watched them pick up a 1st down on 4th and 51, yes 4th and 51! on a RUN. We could pass the ball, we just never had to. 2 Mr. Footballs on 1 team speaks for the talent on that team.

listen I'm not trying to take away from that great team and they were a great high school football team I'm just saying that you cant be one dimintional with these teams down the road and that's the samething hampton has ran into over the years and finally they opened their eyes to this and we now have a pretty good passing game.even when I was in school we could line and run the ball on just about anybody around here but come playoff time we would get killed somebody like gatliburg-pittman.

Even if we had thrown the ball it wouldn't have mattered, not what we faced. You made your own point when you ran up against Trousdale.

Hampton was totally outmanned by that team they were unbelievable also,I remember before that game someone had said they saw trausdale practicing down at elizabethton and said "they're small they don't have much size" that couldn't have been further from the truth I don't know if you saw them but their linemen all looked like clones they about the same size and all had hugh thighs you could really tell they had spent the time in the weight room and they were very well coached very impressive. They were also very respectful to our players after the game I was glad to see them with the gold ball if hampton or cloudland couldn't have it.

what grade was bryd that year? i thought i remember him playing in 03, isnt that when C.A.K beatem in the first round? that was the biggest upset i ever seen in high school. i remember hearing the score at Greenbeack an was shocked.i think it would be a good game but i say cloudland would pull out the Win. byrd was the best i ever seen around here. Pujo what do you think?

listen I'm not trying to take away from that great team and they were a great high school football team I'm just saying that you cant be one dimintional with these teams down the road and that's the samething hampton has ran into over the years and finally they opened their eyes to this and we now have a pretty good passing game.even when I was in school we could line and run the ball on just about anybody around here but come playoff time we would get killed somebody like gatliburg-pittman.

you must have never seen this cloudland team play or somethin. man, i am from hampton, i go to every hampton game there is, but 06' Hampton just wouldn't be able to keep it close. as for hampton's passing game, it was very ineffective against a quality team like Friendship (harriman and coalfield did not honestly have quality defenses). maybe you missed the point about cloudlands running game that year: IT WAS NEVER STOPPED!!! They just ran into the wrong team. Ezell would have probably won it in 1A, 2A, 3A, and maybe even 4A. I remember coacht himself saying that on the radio himself during the Cloudland championship game broadcast!! The only team in murfeesboro that could have beaten Ezell would have been Riverdale in 5A because they were ridiculous that year...

i would like to hear the HONEST AND UNBIASED opinions of HAMPTON, THe Alliance 34, and pujo. Becuase, like me, they seen both teams play many different games...

I would have to agree with you on Ezel Hardin is the best team that I have ever seen step onto a football field. I do believe that they could have won state up to the 4A classification that year.

But I would have to maybe give a tie between the 01 Cloudland Team and the 96 Hampton Team, there both where just so big on the line and having excellent secondary, I don't think anyone could have taken there spot.

The fourth spot would have to go to Trousdale, they where big and athletic but couldn't beat the teams posted above.

Fifth would be the 06 Hampton team, they where more of a two deminsional team than the year before and this years team.

Sixth I believe would have to go to 07 team, they have a real good defense and throw the ball more than the 05 team.

Seventh would have to go to the 05 team, they where pretty much just a running team with little pass in the offense.

But far as the Cloudland 01 Team and the 07 Hampton team, I do believe that Cloudland would win it hands down. They where just to explosive on offense and had an excellent defense, they had people on the line like Keith Buchanan, John Hicks, John Townsend, Brandon Odom, Jeff Hicks, and Dale Baker, plus future Mr, football Dane Christman at line backer. There was no one that year that even came close to stopping them, even Ezell Hardin couldn't stop them. But Ezell Hardin was like playing a Division 2 College team. So the 07 Hampton team couldn't hang with them. They have a good defense, but not good enough to stop the explosive offense of cloudland and I don't see Hampton puting up much numbers on the 01 Clouldand defense.

Youre so stupid. Hoe am I starting trouble? Why cant we have a good thread w/o some idiot saying stuff like this. this is a very interesting topic that I want to hear the opinions of. Some of you guys say the dumbest things.

First of all BOY, you are tired of other people ragging on you(the so called alliance) so YOU start a topic to get them ragging on each other. Second I'm not stupid. Obviously I can at least spell HOW. Do they teach you little things like spelling, punctuation and maybe GRAMMER at Emory and Henry? How about manners? At no time have I even mentioned the Lowe name in the same breath with the words stupid,idiot or any other slur. NOT ON ANY POST. I have always tried to respect you although I may have a little fun with you. I'm not azaz or any other alliance person picking at you.I think you have handled that situation well. Don't mess it up now by making yourself look bad by calling someone else stupid in your first sentence.

what grade was bryd that year? i thought i remember him playing in 03, isnt that when C.A.K beatem in the first round? that was the biggest upset i ever seen in high school. i remember hearing the score at Greenbeack an was shocked.i think it would be a good game but i say cloudland would pull out the Win. byrd was the best i ever seen around here. Pujo what do you think?

he was a sophmore that year. he won mr. football in 03 and so did dane christman from cloudland. byrd is also the best i have ever seen. in 01' byrd had an unbelievable team around him. in 03' they did get upset by CAK. cloudland was up like 31-13 at the half. then cloudland got careless, punched their tickets to the boro to soon and gave the game away. but the cloudland 03' team was no wheres close to the 01' team and neither was the 06' hampton team...