01' Cloudland Vs. 06 Hampton

ENHWasps

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to think what most people are saying on here, but I.know things to the contrary. We were lucky to get South Pitt, Boyd was very good that year and got upset in a muddy mess against Gordonsville. South Pitt beat Gordonsville. On the other hand several teams give Ezell alot better game than we did, they just barely beat Jo Byrns , almost got beat by USJ. Collinwood give them a pretty good game and in the west ,Bruceton was very good. The 03 Cloudland team was the one that had a pretty good shot, There problem was they didn't have any depth in the line, Byrd got hurt and we lost one of our linemen and had to play a freshman. Boyd played the same CAK team in the 4th round and the score was just about the same as our first half score.

But when you get down to it, all of this is just opinions and mine is no better than anyone elses. I do think that if Hampton can improve in a few areas ,they have a fairly good shot this year. But if they arn't careful ,it could be the same as the 03 Cloudland team. That was one sad night for me, I'll never get over that one. The same thing goes for the 96 Hampton team, people will never let that one die. Those games are hard to handle.

Pujo,I have always respected your football knowledge,but why does it seem to me that you arer trying to downplay the 2001Cloudland team accomplishments,there best team ever in my opinion and yet you are praising the 03 team that lost in the first round of the playoffs,is it because you had a nephew on that team?I hate it that your brother left cloudland but you dont have to degrade cloudland and might i say your brothers best year ever.

Pujo,I have always respected your football knowledge,but why does it seem to me that you arer trying to downplay the 2001Cloudland team accomplishments,there best team ever in my opinion and yet you are praising the 03 team that lost in the first round of the playoffs,is it because you had a nephew on that team?I hate it that your brother left cloudland but you dont have to degrade cloudland and might i say your brothers best year ever.

I'm really not downplaying anything, My nephew was on the 2001 team also, I remenber Jeff putting a heck of a lick on that South Pitt running back , I thought it was in bounds ,but they called a personal foul. I loved those teams as much as anyone , more than most. I just think the 2003 team was the one with the best chance of winning it all. We had alot of kids on the 2003 team that started on the 2001 team. I.guess thats the reason it hurt alot worse to lose to CAK ,than it did to Ezell, I'm not even sure if 96 waan't our best team, Its hard to compare teams of the past . I do know one thing for sure ,Cloudland had a heck of a run for a long time. One more thing , I'll be honest with this one also,Since Mike left Cloudland, Friday nights has never been the same to me , I also have a nephew on the Hampton team and I really like alot of his teammates, I pull for them all the way, but it will never be the same.. Those days put cold chills all over me. The only good thing about the whole thing is ,it don't hurt near as much to lose anymore.

I'm really not downplaying anything, My nephew was on the 2001 team also, I remenber Jeff putting a heck of a lick on that South Pitt running back , I thought it was in bounds ,but they called a personal foul. I loved those teams as much as anyone , more than most. I just think the 2003 team was the one with the best chance of winning it all. We had alot of kids on the 2003 team that started on the 2001 team. I.guess thats the reason it hurt alot worse to lose to CAK ,than it did to Ezell, I'm not even sure if 96 waan't our best team, Its hard to compare teams of the past . I do know one thing for sure ,Cloudland had a heck of a run for a long time. One more thing , I'll be honest with this one also,Since Mike left Cloudland, Friday nights has never been the same to me , I also have a nephew on the Hampton team and I really like alot of his teammates, I pull for them all the way, but it will never be the same.. Those days put cold chills all over me. The only good thing about the whole thing is ,it don't hurt near as much to lose anymore.

yeah i guess you are right about your nephew being on the 01 team i dont remember him from that year i guess because he didnt see as much playing time,I'll never forget the night the goal posts came down or the trip to murfreesboro as long as I live,I know what you mean about it not being the same though i really miss those days too.It hasn't been the same since mike left,robbie seems like a good coach but I don't know if we will ever be as dominant as those days only time will tell i guess.Hopefully hampton can bring a gold ball back to carter county I would love to see them win it just as well.

i heard he was going to get red shirted then they had a couple of injuries so then they told him that they were going to give him a shot on JV and see how he did. the first time he touched the ball in the JV game he ran a 40 or 50 yard TD. haha, i don't think he is redshirted anymore...i agree with you. how do you think 96 Hampton and 01 Cloudland would match up? you can rmember them better than I can. I believe that would be the best game...

I think 96Hampton would have beaten 01Cloudland simply because Hampton had the best offensive and defensive line Carter County has ever seen. With the exception of Keith Buchanan, Cloudland had no one that could match up with Hampton's line. Mark Watson is the most brutal and punishing fullback to ever put on the pads in Carter Co. and B.J. Taylor had quickness and toughness that Benfield couldn't have duplicated. And the fact that Lineman Whitehead, Tolley and McGee couldn't be ran on. I would put all the money I had on those guys. NOBODY could run the football on them. Cold hard facts.

I think 96Hampton would have beaten 01Cloudland simply because Hampton had the best offensive and defensive line Carter County has ever seen. With the exception of Keith Buchanan, Cloudland had no one that could match up with Hampton's line. Mark Watson is the most brutal and punishing fullback to ever put on the pads in Carter Co. and B.J. Taylor had quickness and toughness that Benfield couldn't have duplicated. And the fact that Lineman Whitehead, Tolley and McGee couldn't be ran on. I would put all the money I had on those guys. NOBODY could run the football on them. Cold hard facts.

yea they were very good. they dominated the state champion knox webb in every aspect of the game in the third round. if not for 2 interceptions (returned for TD's) inside of the Knox Webb 5 yard line, hampton might already have a gold ball in football...

I played against everyone of the 96Hampton players when they were sophomores and freshman. Unaka and Cloudland both beat the same team in 1994. That shows you just how much they improved in their high school careers. That Hampton bunch had more drive and will to win than any Hampton team I've ever witness play. The 4 overtime victory at Cloudland in 95' was the bloodiest and hard fought football game to ever be played at Orr Field. After the game players from both teams were crying and hugging each other because we are friends and family when the game is over. The Creekers will never be able to duplicate what Cloudland and Hampton have done on the gridiron. I think that is the only time in the history of Carter Co. that Cloudland and Hampton were state powerhouses the same year. Both could have won the state in 2-A.