Ripley at Dyersburg

Bonestrojan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several Dyersburg Trojans that cheer for the Choctaws 9 games a year. I'm sure they would love to have two playoff games in Dyer County on the same night.

Congrats on YET ANOTHER WIN TROJANS ! Havin 2 playoff games in Dyer County on the same night would be a HOOT ! Dyer County as a whole should be PROUD of both these ball teams ! Only one NIGHT A YEAR (as far as football is concerned there are other sports! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) should they focus & have a little smash mouth on beatin' up on each other! I'm PROUD 2 BE FROM DYER COUNTY & PROUD 2 BE A CHOCTAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am a d'burg grad and went to lasyt nights game. the team 'mailed' in the second half. the new offensive scheme is just that..............offensive. with dyersburgs speed a spread offense or even a true i formation would be much more effective. stop hating on caldwell. parker may run for 100 yards but he is afraid to take a lick. he should have had 200 yards as the ripley defense always covered his pitch man. we need more north-south rushing and no more east-west trickery. any good noseguard will stuff a inside trap when a back crosses half the line to get the ball.

i am a d'burg grad and went to lasyt nights game. the team 'mailed' in the second half. the new offensive scheme is just that..............offensive. with dyersburgs speed a spread offense or even a true i formation would be much more effective. stop hating on caldwell. parker may run for 100 yards but he is afraid to take a lick. he should have had 200 yards as the ripley defense always covered his pitch man. we need more north-south rushing and no more east-west trickery. any good noseguard will stuff a inside trap when a back crosses half the line to get the ball.

I

I am a Dyersburg graduate too.... I was there ALSO.....And THEY DID MAIL IT IN THE SECOND HALF...But when you are UP 28-0 in the 1st half...IT's hard to keep that intensity going for 4 quarters....And NO STARTERS were pulled in the SECOND HALF...Parker, Caldwell, Taylor, Ellis, and Cunningham were ALL in there...And "HATING ON CALDWELL"?.....ONE BACK ISN"T GOING TO GET ALL THE CARRIES IN THIS OFFENSE....Sorry....That is why it is SO HARD TO STOP...Don't know WHO TO KEY ON.....If this OFFENSE is SO EASY TO STOP...Why did Bowling put of INCREDIBLE NUMBERS AT OC with it...And Beat Covington 2 years with it?....

Ever watch Crockett County play?....See "a little something" you might have SEEN BEFORE"?....With the Perry kid and the Johnson Twins....DIDN"T MANY PEOPLE STOP IT EITHER?.....

And as far as Parker goes..HE CAN RUN THIS OFFENSE...People don't SEEM TO GET IT....This is the BEST team talent wise Dyersburg has EVER had that I can recall....Parker KNOWS this offense like the back of his hand... AND LOGAN IS THE BEST MAN TO RUN THE SHOW..END OF DISCUSSION...Will he RUSH FOR 200 a game?...No....But I will take 7 to 8 yards a pop EVERYTIME!....Let him run 8 yards then Caldwell of Taylor will take it the other 92!.....

This ISN"T THE I FORMATION OFFENSE With LT and Peyton Manning in the backfield.....John Tucker ran this offense at Milan some...PA Pratt learned it from him and Bowling is RUNNING THE SAME THING! ( Think those guys haven't had ANY SUCCESS AND DIDN"T PUT PLAYERS IN DIVISION 1 Colleges?.)....Give the guy time "fans"...If YOU TALK TO HIM... YOU WILL FIND HE IS A REALLY GOOD MAN( I heard that before he GOT HERE)...WHO wants to WIN but also cares about WHAT happens to these kids...I saw ONE kid in particular out there last night who I THOUGHT WAS LOST TO THE STREET...But Bowling has helped turn that kids life around...And is turning THESE other kids in the right direction...

DHS Fans...This is the BEST TEAM talent wise that I can remember having....They have lost 3 games in 3 and 1/2 seasons...Darren Bowling is WINNING......And he is GOING TO KEEP WINNING........IF LOGAN PARKER IS PLAYING QUARTERBACK...IT IS BECAUSE LOGAN PARKER IS THE BEST QUARTERBACK to run "THIS OFFENSE"....and No...THERE IS TOO MUCH TALENT TO KEY ON ONE PLAYER...So If the ball comes YOUR WAY...My suggestion is "TAKE IT TO THE HOUSE"....I must say CALDWELL WAS RUNNING LIKE A MAN POSSESSED!....AS was Taylor... I quess that is why they were 97.3 's co players of the game..These RECEIVERS need to step it up to the NEXT LEVEL...Because "HE ISN"T GOING TO THROW THE BALL 20 times a GAME...When THE BALL COMES YOUR WAY..."Act like you have "FLYPAPER ON YOUR HANDS" and RUN THE RIGHT ROUTES!...... DHS is JUST LIKE ANY OTHER SCHOOL..Got too many "coaches" in the stands some nights... HAVE BEEN BLOWING PEOPLE OUT...And what the average fan doesn't realize is...THEY STILL AREN"T HITTING On ALL CYLINDERS... THIS BUNCH WILL BE FINE!....

Finally a Trojan that doesn't hate on DC haha

Never have Never will !! I played at DHS, all my children and grands are DCHS former students,or will be so I have bonds with both schools. Its very gratifying to me the DC football program is once again the Power they use to be. GO CHOCTAWS! To ? the Trojans selection of play is ABSURB, Albeit recievers,qb need to get the passing attack GOING or its gonna be Rough as teams no longer consider it as a problem for them. To Clarify my comments about subs in the 2nd half I was referring to Bowling,staff electing to play what they will have on defense next year with jrs and sophs. playing a lage portion of it , Altho All do play regularly = Great decision Coaches !! Games are Won with "D" . Also throwing more 2nd half to get the "O" Where They Realize IT MUST BE TO SUCCEED as the season winds down with playoffs looming ahead. YOU HAVE GOT TO WANT IT RECIEVERS N QB REALIZE HE HAS PLENTY OF TIME TO PASS ! Lets go Triojans and Choctaws ; Two home field advantage games in Dyer COUNTY in the playoffs will be AWESOME !

hmmmmm...yoda say you have good insight my young jedi.........patient you must be.......in time you will see both of what you speak.......

this coaching is very tricky i say....... all soon will be seen..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

hmmmmm...yoda say you have good insight my young jedi.........patient you must be.......in time you will see both of what you speak.......

this coaching is very tricky i say....... all soon will be seen..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Im most assured we Trojan fans have not seen even a parcel of what Bowling"s "O" mind has under the covers as there are many possibilities we have yet to experince /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ! NUFF SAID! GO TROJANS

Had someone CLOSE to Bowling tell me this...."YOU HAVEN"T SEEN ANYTHING YET" ...."I guarantee you he is ONLY about on page 5 of his playbook".... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> That GUY is a brilliant coach but it HIS work off the field with the kids that is amazing to me....Glad we got him...

Had someone CLOSE to Bowling tell me this...."YOU HAVEN"T SEEN ANYTHING YET" ...."I guarantee you he is ONLY about on page 5 of his playbook".... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> That GUY is a brilliant coach but it HIS work off the field with the kids that is amazing to me....Glad we got him...

All ive heard about Bowling "THE MAN" has been nothing but Admirable with so many young men he comes in contact with EXPRESSING the Values of Life, Choices they must make for later Satifaction,Learning to share, Hopefully to know Jesus Personally as their Lord and Savior Who transforms all their lives into POSITIVES for a Fulfilled lifestyle. I also am glad we have him to Guide these young men in the Right decisions/directions they Will face in Life! I would think he has yet to get off page 1 ! Thank you Coach!

If you hang around Coach T long enough, you will read anything. This is a most remarkable post.

"I am a d'burg grad...." So what? Lots of Dyersburg grads go to our games. This does not confer on a person any special ability analyze football (as you have preceded to make clear).

"....and went to lasyt nights game" You didn't know what you were seeing apparently.

"...any good noseguard will stuff a inside trap when a back crosses have the line to get the ball"

Point one: we avoid that by blocking the noseguard; point two: we don't trap noseguards, point three, most teams we play run an even front and do not have a noseguard. When Dyersburg runs either of the A gaps, it is with the fullback quick.

In another post, you said that the Dyersburg offense this year is like those which have been run by Crockett County, Covington and others. Not even close. Those were Wing T and Double Wing offenses--without the midline option. Those offenses relayed on 3 basic plays--FB trap, Buck Sweep, and a reverse commonly called "Sally." In recent years, a 4th basic play, the "jet sweep" or "speed sweep" has been added. Bowling's offense inclues the midline option. Our QB's read the inside defenders and give to FB or pull the ball out. It is an entirely new dimension to the formation. Those schools you named did not "read" the defense after the snap.

You called for a "true I" formation or a spread. Let's see, "true I" would give us, Parker or Taylor at QB, Cunningham/Ellis at FB, and Caldwell at TB.--Taylor or Parker would be on the bench. Same is true of the spread--Caldwell and Taylor/Parker back--Cunningham/Ellis on the bench.

Then you complain about our running wide (east-west) instead of north-south. Here are our

actually rushing stats for 5 games:

CALDWELL 39 rushes

If you hang around Coach T long enough, you will read anything. This is a most remarkable post.

"I am a d'burg grad...." So what? Lots of Dyersburg grads go to our games. This does not confer on a person any special ability analyze football (as you have preceded to make clear).

"....and went to lasyt nights game" You didn't know what you were seeing apparently.

"...any good noseguard will stuff a inside trap when a back crosses have the line to get the ball"

Point one: we avoid that by blocking the noseguard; point two: we don't trap noseguards, point three, most teams we play run an even front and do not have a noseguard. When Dyersburg runs either of the A gaps, it is with the fullback quick.

In another post, you said that the Dyersburg offense this year is like those which have been run by Crockett County, Covington and others. Not even close. Those were Wing T and Double Wing offenses--without the midline option. Those offenses relayed on 3 basic plays--FB trap, Buck Sweep, and a reverse commonly called "Sally." In recent years, a 4th basic play, the "jet sweep" or "speed sweep" has been added. Bowling's offense inclues the midline option. Our QB's read the inside defenders and give to FB or pull the ball out. It is an entirely new dimension to the formation. Those schools you named did not "read" the defense after the snap.

You called for a "true I" formation or a spread. Let's see, "true I" would give us, Parker or Taylor at QB, Cunningham/Ellis at FB, and Caldwell at TB.--Taylor or Parker would be on the bench. Same is true of the spread--Caldwell and Taylor/Parker back--Cunningham/Ellis on the bench.

Then you complain about our running wide (east-west) instead of north-south. Here are our

actually rushing stats for 5 games:

CALDWELL 39 rushes