Maryville's Schedule

WarriorFan

Maryville Schedule Strength  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Maryville Schedule Strength

proud to give the 100th vote, and id drive anywhere to any town to watch Maryville beat the crap out of whoever stands on the opposite sideline. pick any team in any class and Maryville wins. guaranteed. write it down.

I was on the fence at first, with what you were saying, but you seem adamant with that "write it down" directive. It's official - I am buying what you are selling!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no payment necessary, ill just take another gold ball at the end of the season, just like last year, and the year before, and before....i think you get the picture

I was using an analogy to express that "I believe you".

I would be sincerely and profoundly shocked if you did not win another 4A state championship "no picture necessary".

just doing what i can to make it very clear not just to you, but to everyone else as well that Maryville's dominance over high school football in the state of Tennessee is not coming to an end any time soon. glad we got that straightened out

I know you are doing all you can. It is the schedulers that allow all of the doubt as reflected in this poll. Doubt outside of 4A anyway.

First things first, I graduated from Alcoa, and am one of THE biggest Alcoa Fans you will Meet. This means that one week out of the year, i hate everything that looks, smells, or has a hint of Maryville in it. But after that week is over, they are my second favorite team, and i am really getting tired of seeing these kind of threads on coachT. Enjoy........

Out of maryville's ten regular season games, 7 are region games and the other three are blount county games. Maryville must play those region teams, regardless of how good they are, and the Alcoa Maryville game IS tennesse football. Heritage and WB(besides this year; which was a great game, slightly opposite of the Alcoa game this year which is very ironic) are normally not a contest for the rebels, but they are still cross county games that are the tradition of Blount county football.Those games must be played. that equals out to the ten regular season games. Quit hating on maryville. They didnt ask to be ranked in the Nation, so if you have a porblem with it talk to USA Today, Espn, etc...

However, just to fancy the jealous minds of some CoachT users,i'll ask a question, and then present a fantasy.Q)What is the numberone goal of any team in any sport?A) To win the Championship.Now, lets say maryville does play Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Smyrna, _________( fill in the blank). and lets even say they lose to whomever they may play, the fact still remains that they have, will, and will continue to win the State Championship in their designated classification. Regardless of their record, i think Coach Quarles would still be happy with that, seing as how that is what really matters, not some non-region game. So when Maryville moves to 5A in'09, and Heritage and W.B. are in their region, that will leave two spots open for you fantasy games that could "beat Maryville"(which i still dont see happening)

Alcoa handles their business the same way. If they were to beat Maryville lat year, and finish out the season with a state championship, that would just be icing on the cake. However they lost to maryville, but still have the gold-ball in their classification, and i think they are getting along just fine with that. BUT, the next time Alcoa gets that W in the Maryville game, Maryville wont stop hearing it untill the next season /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know that this could prob be considered a waste of time, because these Maryville Haters will never stop, but this will just make them look really dumb....

First things first, I graduated from Alcoa, and am one of THE biggest Alcoa Fans you will Meet. This means that one week out of the year, i hate everything that looks, smells, or has a hint of Maryville in it. But after that week is over, they are my second favorite team, and i am really getting tired of seeing these kind of threads on coachT. Enjoy........

Out of maryville's ten regular season games, 7 are region games and the other three are blount county games. Maryville must play those region teams, regardless of how good they are, and the Alcoa Maryville game IS tennesse football. Heritage and WB(besides this year; which was a great game, slightly opposite of the Alcoa game this year which is very ironic) are normally not a contest for the rebels, but they are still cross county games that are the tradition of Blount county football.Those games must be played. that equals out to the ten regular season games. Quit hating on maryville. They didnt ask to be ranked in the Nation, so if you have a porblem with it talk to USA Today, Espn, etc...

However, just to fancy the jealous minds of some CoachT users,i'll ask a question, and then present a fantasy.Q)What is the numberone goal of any team in any sport?A) To win the Championship.Now, lets say maryville does play Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Smyrna, _________( fill in the blank). and lets even say they lose to whomever they may play, the fact still remains that they have, will, and will continue to win the State Championship in their designated classification. Regardless of their record, i think Coach Quarles would still be happy with that, seing as how that is what really matters, not some non-region game. So when Maryville moves to 5A in'09, and Heritage and W.B. are in their region, that will leave two spots open for you fantasy games that could "beat Maryville"(which i still dont see happening)

Alcoa handles their business the same way. If they were to beat Maryville lat year, and finish out the season with a state championship, that would just be icing on the cake. However they lost to maryville, but still have the gold-ball in their classification, and i think they are getting along just fine with that. BUT, the next time Alcoa gets that W in the Maryville game, Maryville wont stop hearing it untill the next season /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I know that this could prob be considered a waste of time, because these Maryville Haters will never stop, but this will just make them look really dumb....

I don't want to get it all started again. I could not respect Maryville anymore than I do. How could you not respect their program, commitment, coach, etc? There has been a year or so in the past few that they have been clearly the best team in the state - bar none (IMO). Whether they played a tough schedule or not. I am just saying that it would be fun to see them in a big game or two. Kind of like Alcoa with McCallie last year. When someone builds a big, fast pretty car, you want to watch it run and see how fast it will go. We will see it when they go to 5A, so we are kind of spinning our wheels talking about it now.

I don't want to get it all started again. I could not respect Maryville anymore than I do. How could you not respect their program, commitment, coach, etc? There has been a year or so in the past few that they have been clearly the best team in the state - bar none (IMO). Whether they played a tough schedule or not. I am just saying that it would be fun to see them in a big game or two. Kind of like Alcoa with McCallie last year. When someone builds a big, fast pretty car, you want to watch it run and see how fast it will go. We will see it when they go to 5A, so we are kind of spinning our wheels talking about it now.

I am looking forward to having a program like Maryville go to 5A. They will hold their own fine. This will not only move them up in intensity, but it will move other 5A ball clubs up in intensity that have to play them. Everyone will have to step it up a notch. It will help make TN 5A a better division! This is not a bad thing for the league.

Of the three questions in this poll, the answer to only one has surprised me. The fact that BA still holds a lot of respect as a top program in the state. I would have thought a lot of luster had worn off of the BA image with a 10 year span with no championship. I fully expected MBA or perhaps Riverdale to garner more votes. I am glad to see that BA is still the team that to beat.