Howard vs Tyner

TynerRamFan

...You are exactly right!!! This should be an excellent hard-hitting game...winning such an emotional game against Polk could have it's good and bad points...being un-beaten puts the pressure on Howard...Tyner has nothing to lose in this game because we will not be favored this year as we were in the past...but playing a much 'tougher' schedule up to this point will help the "RAMS" especially in the last quarter!!!

Whats the tougher schedule? By the way FOULTON DID NOT HAVE ALL OF ITS PLAYERS.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the tougher schedule? By the way FOULTON DID NOT HAVE ALL OF ITS PLAYERS.

...To answer your question>>>YES!!! Fulton may not have had it's QB, however they have won the last three(3) of four(4) State Championships and they have a 'program' that reloads and doesn't depend on any one player...Fulton is tougher than any team that is on Howard's schedule and that's with or without the QB...so don't ever try to minimize a team you know nothing about!!!...Secondly, S.Pitt is more athletic and talented than any team Howard has played (besides Brainerd)...so case closed... and yes we do have the tougher schedule!!!...This in itself won't have anything to do with what happens on the field tomorrow night but in my opinion I think the "RAMS" will win!!!

Tyner by 2 TDs

...ZP, lets' hope so!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

...To answer your question>>>YES!!! Fulton may not have had it's QB, however they have won the last three(3) of four(4) State Championships and they have a 'program' that reloads and doesn't depend on any one player...Fulton is tougher than any team that is on Howard's schedule and that's with or without the QB...so don't ever try to minimize a team you know nothing about!!!...Secondly, S.Pitt is more athletic and talented than any team Howard has played (besides Brainerd)...so case closed... and yes we do have the tougher schedule!!!...This in itself won't have anything to do with what happens on the field tomorrow night but in my opinion I think the "RAMS" will win!!!...ZP, lets' hope so!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What would any team be without their starting QB. What if Tyner never had Marquise and Keylan at QB. The would have been alot easier to beat. Howard and Brainerd would beat South Pittsburg so why are you mentioning them? If Tarver passes the ball tomm night you guys are in trouble because you cant defend the pass. I will admit that that John Taylor is one of the best backs I have seen this year but EVEN YOU would rather have Hudson. This will be a good game but I am not up for it because the winner gets nothing. Its not a region game for howard and Tyner is not even a Rival. Im glad to see our team doing good. We havent been this good since 98, 02. Plus you guys do win alot of games at Tyner but until your players are successful on the next level you are not a Powerhouse so quit thinking you are a powerhouse with no KNOWN PLAYERS

What would any team be without their starting QB. What if Tyner never had Marquise and Keylan at QB. The would have been alot easier to beat. Howard and Brainerd would beat South Pittsburg so why are you mentioning them? If Tarver passes the ball tomm night you guys are in trouble because you cant defend the pass. I will admit that that John Taylor is one of the best backs I have seen this year but EVEN YOU would rather have Hudson. This will be a good game but I am not up for it because the winner gets nothing. Its not a region game for howard and Tyner is not even a Rival. Im glad to see our team doing good. We havent been this good since 98, 02. Plus you guys do win alot of games at Tyner but until your players are successful on the next level you are not a Powerhouse so quit thinking you are a powerhouse with no KNOWN PLAYERS

...What if...What if...What if...You don't know that Howard or Brainerd would beat S.Pitt and why are you mentioning Brainerd???...apparently you haven't seen Tyner play recently...we had our issues with the passing game against Brainerd but adjustments have been made...John Taylor isn't the only RB Howard will need to worry about...we beat you when you had Rico Council & Hudson so how do you figure that Hudson(alone) is that good...even though it's not a 'rival' game(as you say) I know ya'll want to win just as we do...this is HIGH SCHOOL football...nothing is guaranteed at the next level...since 1997 Tyner has had six(6) Mr. Football winners...they were awarded based on what they did in HIGH SCHOOL not what they were projected to do at the next level!!!How many has Howard had in the same time span???I never said we are a Powerhouse...I leave that to newspaper writers!!!

...Howard is doing really good this year but the question is can Tarver maintain the success...win a few Region titles and then maybe you will be able to say the Hustlin' Tigers are a Powerhouse!!!

...What if...What if...What if...You don't know that Howard or Brainerd would beat S.Pitt and why are you mentioning Brainerd???...apparently you haven't seen Tyner play recently...we had our issues with the passing game against Brainerd but adjustments have been made...John Taylor isn't the only RB Howard will need to worry about...we beat you when you had Rico Council & Hudson so how do you figure that Hudson(alone) is that good...even though it's not a 'rival' game(as you say) I know ya'll want to win just as we do...this is HIGH SCHOOL football...nothing is guaranteed at the next level...since 1997 Tyner has had six(6) Mr. Football winners...they were awarded based on what they did in HIGH SCHOOL not what they were projected to do at the next level!!!How many has Howard had in the same time span???I never said we are a Powerhouse...I leave that to newspaper writers!!!

...Howard is doing really good this year but the question is can Tarver maintain the success...win a few Region titles and then maybe you will be able to say the Hustlin' Tigers are a Powerhouse!!!

We have had 1 Mr Football since then! Whats your point. Thats like me saying How many people that went to Tyner had been a first round pick in the NBA draft.(Johnny Taylor) Or how Many people from Tyner have lead the Nation in Rebounding.(Rashard Jones-Jennings) How Many Tyner Players are Playing in the NFL.(Terdell Sands) How many players from Tyner are in the NFL Hall of Fame and are considered by many to be the best defensive player to ever play the game!(Reggie White) Get real with the comparisons. And I used Brainerd cause you threw South Pittsburg in to the mix. I really dont view Tyner as a rival cause it was so long since we played them consistantly. Our only rival is Brainerd and Austin East. We dont play AE in football anymore but I wish we would. And East Ridge is coming along as a rival.

We have had 1 Mr Football since then! Whats your point. Thats like me saying How many people that went to Tyner had been a first round pick in the NBA draft.(Johnny Taylor) Or how Many people from Tyner have lead the Nation in Rebounding.(Rashard Jones-Jennings) How Many Tyner Players are Playing in the NFL.(Terdell Sands) How many players from Tyner are in the NFL Hall of Fame and are considered by many to be the best defensive player to ever play the game!(Reggie White) Get real with the comparisons. And I used Brainerd cause you threw South Pittsburg in to the mix. I really dont view Tyner as a rival cause it was so long since we played them consistantly. Our only rival is Brainerd and Austin East. We dont play AE in football anymore but I wish we would. And East Ridge is coming along as a rival.

...I Congratulate Howard on all the players you have mentioned above...but what does that have to do with HIGH SCHOOL football and the game on tomorrow night???...you didn't read my post...you obviously want to mention those that have 'made-it' on the next level...that is an accomplishment in itself but "my-point" was that on the HIGH SCHOOL level, and across the state of Tenn., Howard is not known in football circles...I say again>>>win a few Region titles(In Football) and maybe even go to a State Championship and then maybe your 'football-program' will be known as Tyner's is...(Basketball should be on another thread)

...I Congratulate Howard on all the players you have mentioned above...but what does that have to do with HIGH SCHOOL football and the game on tomorrow night???...you didn't read my post...you obviously want to mention those that have 'made-it' on the next level...that is an accomplishment in itself but "my-point" was that on the HIGH SCHOOL level, and across the state of Tenn., Howard is not known in football circles...I say again>>>win a few Region titles(In Football) and maybe even go to a State Championship and then maybe your 'football-program' will be known as Tyner's is...(Basketball should be on another thread)

What does your Mr. Football players have to do with tomorrows game? You brought all of this up I am just Piggybacking off whatever you say. ANd you still avoided my question. HOW MANY DOES TYNER HAVE? We are known in every aspect and howard does have some old state Titles just none that are recent. That team that won the state for Tyner was Special! They played together all of their lives and I feel like if anyone deserved it they did. But you dont have that chemistry anymore because STEW is to busy recruiting. Im glad to see Brandon Banks and his brother come back home to be HUSTLINTIGERS its in their blood. Now they know they will learn to deal with life and not just standaround the track and and watch their old highschool team play and make excuses for why they arent as good as they use to be. NOW BE HONEST THAT LAST STATEMENT IS SO TRUE! If you want I can name names

But you dont have that chemistry anymore because STEW is to busy recruiting. Im glad to see Brandon Banks and his brother come back home to be HUSTLINTIGERS its in their blood. Now they know they will learn to deal with life and not just standaround the track and and watch their old highschool team play and make excuses for why they arent as good as they use to be. NOW BE HONEST THAT LAST STATEMENT IS SO TRUE! If you want I can name names

...I don't name names on this website because it is not a good practice unless you are saying something positive or making a general comment about an individual...I can say this: players that go to Tyner want to go because of it's tradition and history of winning...if you are winning your 'program' will grow...the team that Coach Turner took to the State Championship in 1996 against Melrose had a total of 26 players...that number has grown to over sixty(60) players in 2007...I don't know the situation with the person you mentioned above but I hope he is content!!!

...I don't name names on this website because it is not a good practice unless you are saying something positive or making a general comment about an individual...I can say this: players that go to Tyner want to go because of it's tradition and history of winning...if you are winning your 'program' will grow...the team that Coach Turner took to the State Championship in 1996 against Melrose had a total of 26 players...that number has grown to over sixty(60) players in 2007...I don't know the situation with the person you mentioned above but I hope he is content!!!

Did I say something wrong. If you are such a Tyner fan you know who Stew is. Im going to speak the real since you want to talk. STEW recruits. And your name is TYNERRAM fan so you know who he is. He takes alot of players from brainerd

Did I say something wrong. If you are such a Tyner fan you know who Stew is. Im going to speak the real since you want to talk. STEW recruits. And your name is TYNERRAM fan so you know who he is. He takes alot of players from brainerd

...Never said I didn't know who you are talking about...Coach Stew is a good man...he does and has done a good job with the Brainerd Bills(pee-wee league)...Look here my friend I am not going to go back and forth on here with you because obviously you have some issues with other things that are bothering you that concerns the Tyner program...you profess to be a fan of Howard and you go on and on about Brainerd...and you want to talk negatively about Tyner...you can say what you want but I can see by your comments that you do not want to talk about the game...you want to 'gossip' about recruiting and other issues that have nothing to do with the school you want to support!!!

...Let's just hope that whomever you support runs a clean program and I also hope on tomorrow that nobody is seriously injured in the game!!!