PICK THE REGION 5-1A WINNERS

Pick the winners  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winners

Every game from here on out becomes critical to the playoff picture. I'd say the biggest game this week should be Forrest at McEwen. Honestly, because the style of play these two teams have (very similiar) I'm leaning toward an upset. I'm going to pick Forrest for now, but that game will be closer than everyone thinks. Here are my picks:

Cascade /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> (Not seeing much respect from the Eagleville fans)

White House Heritage /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> (seem to be hitting their stride now)

Jo Byrns /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> (This looked to be a better matchup yesterday)

Clarksville Academy /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> (Middle still got a ways to go)

Forrest /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> (Don't be shocked if this one goes the other way)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was a overtime win for the Rockets, and I hate the ride down there. My picks......the same as cascade11 but with out the hat /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Heyyyyy........cut me some slack on the hat. The first Cascade football game this year was the first time I have ever worn a Cowboy hat... I happen to be superstitious when it comes to sports, so I'm stuck with it until we lose. I'm hoping to wear it to "the Boro" this year! Besides that, Nathan Armstrong's Granny thinks I look like Tim McGraw with it on..... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I've got the regional standings and stats updated now. White House took over the third spot last night, but still have both Cascade and Jo Byrns on the schedule. McEwen with a win over Forrest would put themselves in the hunt also. A lot of Football left to play.

Interestingly, Eagleville became the first team in as long as I can remember that actually increased their offensive scoring average by playing Jo Byrns. Who would of thought it. Here is a link to the updated standings:

http://www.ballcharts.com/teams/standings....hampionfootball

Heyyyyy........cut me some slack on the hat. The first Cascade football game this year was the first time I have ever worn a Cowboy hat... I happen to be superstitious when it comes to sports, so I'm stuck with it until we lose. I'm hoping to wear it to "the Boro" this year! Besides that, Nathan Armstrong's Granny thinks I look like Tim McGraw with it on..... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll have to tell you about my luck drawers one day.

I'll give McEwin a vote. Just might pull it out Friday

I'm telling you, that's a very dangerous game for Forrest. McEwen is a tough place to play. They had a big let down there against WHH, which I believe will make them even more prepared Friday night. If they are able to beat both Forrest and NCS (both home games I think) they will have a say in who region 5 sends to the playoffs. I don't think them beating JB the last game of the season is realistic, but finishing 7-3 will at least get them in the tie-breaker scenerio, if not an outright playoff berth.

I'm telling you, that's a very dangerous game for Forrest. McEwen is a tough place to play. They had a big let down there against WHH, which I believe will make them even more prepared Friday night. If they are able to beat both Forrest and NCS (both home games I think) they will have a say in who region 5 sends to the playoffs. I don't think them beating JB the last game of the season is realistic, but finishing 7-3 will at least get them in the tie-breaker scenerio, if not an outright playoff berth.

I hate playing there. Do they still have that big fullback from last year? Rockets need a big win this week and got the lighter part of the schedule at the end of the season.

I hate playing there. Do they still have that big fullback from last year? Rockets need a big win this week and got the lighter part of the schedule at the end of the season.

Yes, he is still here. However, he is not the only one you need to worry about when you come to see us Friday night. Our guys truly do play as a team and we have several who have been kicking it up a notch or two these last few games. I am not one to do a lot of bragging and boasting, but just be on your toes because we certainly will be. Just ask Cascade. They were almost a little too over confident a few weeks ago. See you under the lights.

Warrior Pride Forever!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yes, he is still here. However, he is not the only one you need to worry about when you come to see us Friday night. Our guys truly do play as a team and we have several who have been kicking it up a notch or two these last few games. I am not one to do a lot of bragging and boasting, but just be on your toes because we certainly will be. Just ask Cascade. They were almost a little too over confident a few weeks ago. See you under the lights.

Warrior Pride Forever!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Oh he's not just he seems to stick in my mind for some reason. You guy always play as a team, a very solid team. We HAVE to play from horn to horn to make a great game, if not it's a long bus ride home.

I don't think they had a let down against whh. their qb was back off of the 1 game suspension and was on fire from what we saw on film. it would of probably went the same way if he would of played against forrest though. I'm picking mctown. they are just to physical for forest.