Coach of the year, so far...

KILLACAM

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarksville High Coach Jim Snider.. Tennessee Titans Coach of The Week.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs....318/1006/SPORTS

To whoever picks this award i hope they do there research. This Coach right here is a great candidate for it. Once they finish up should be a slam dunk for him surely. GO CATS! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My vote goes to region 2 4A coach Scott Rider of the Volunteer Falcons. He has turned this team from a laughing stock in the tri-cities area into a football program on the move. We just qualified for the playoffs for the 2nd straight year in a row (which has never been done in school history), and they just won their first playoff game in school history with a victory over heavily favored Tennessee High from Bristol. Coach Rider is an outstanding person who puts the kids first and comes from a great high school coaching family. Great job Coach Rider and good luck on your quest for taking these boys to the state 4A championship game this year and for many more to come.

"GO FALCONS"

• 2 weeks later...

It's difficult to imagine anyone more deserving than Brad Taylor at Bearden. In his first year as a head coach, the Bulldogs are in the quarterfinals for just the 2nd time in school history. They have lost only once -- a double overtime setback against a good Farragut team. Bearden won its region (1-5A) for the first time in eons. Ask folks around the Bearden program when they last enjoyed this level of success, and you're met with blank expressions and unknowing shrugs. To me, that makes what the Bulldogs have accomplished under Taylor all the more remarkable, setting their own lofty expectations and playing up to them. In a season dedicated to their former coach, the late Bill Wilson, the Bulldogs have channelled their emotions, applied the lessons of past seasons, and steadily improved to the point that they now appear a legitimate contender for a state title. All of this and more reflects the job done by Brad Taylor.

Coach Mccurray at greeneville...Greeneville last 3 years have stunk and they havent made the playoff's in three years...This year Mcurray the new head coach and his First year with us we are 10-2 region 2 4a conference champs and beat SS in week 3(Rivalry thing) and are in the 3rd round of playoffs now...We play SS again this friday...GO DEVILS!!!...

Coach Mccurray at greeneville...Greeneville last 3 years have stunk and they havent made the playoff's in three years...This year Mcurray the new head coach and his First year with us we are 10-2 region 2 4a conference champs and beat SS in week 3(Rivalry thing) and are in the 3rd round of playoffs now...We play SS again this friday...GO DEVILS!!!...

agree. taking a team that was 4-6 last year to the quarterfinals with a 10-2 record is not bad..... not bad at all

IMO, I think that there can not really be any other candidate than Daniel McGugin at MBA, he has taken a team that was 4-6, and down in the dumps, and he has transformed them into a 12-0 team going into the state finals, his players absolutly love him and the new coaches that he has brought in

It's difficult to imagine anyone more deserving than Brad Taylor at Bearden. In his first year as a head coach, the Bulldogs are in the quarterfinals for just the 2nd time in school history. They have lost only once -- a double overtime setback against a good Farragut team. Bearden won its region (1-5A) for the first time in eons. Ask folks around the Bearden program when they last enjoyed this level of success, and you're met with blank expressions and unknowing shrugs. To me, that makes what the Bulldogs have accomplished under Taylor all the more remarkable, setting their own lofty expectations and playing up to them. In a season dedicated to their former coach, the late Bill Wilson, the Bulldogs have channelled their emotions, applied the lessons of past seasons, and steadily improved to the point that they now appear a legitimate contender for a state title. All of this and more reflects the job done by Brad Taylor.

REGION 1-5A is the weakest region in the state. only 3 teams have winning records... as opposed to 2-5A. which almost every team has a winning record. COACH EDDIE COURTNEY. FARRAGUT.

IMO, I think that there can not really be any other candidate than Daniel McGugin at MBA, he has taken a team that was 4-6, and down in the dumps, and he has transformed them into a 12-0 team going into the state finals, his players absolutly love him and the new coaches that he has brought in

dang I dont see how anyone can beat that. He's got my vote

i think he is a great coach; however, maybe there should be separate awards for coaches in Div I and II... MBA has the best that money can buy... some of these other schools have to cook with the ingredients in their back yard

just a thought...

like i said, i think mcgugin is a GREAT coach