What happened with coach shooting his players?

safety4

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got this from the channel 4 site.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/14272601/detail.html

wow... thanks for the heads up... man that is really stupid ......I would not shoot a gun at or near a bunch of teens even if they were putting TP on my trees in my yard... you never know where those bullets go.... there are some crazy things happening in this world....

This looks like the Hoenwald Police are trying to downplay this, and shift the guilt on the teens. Typical for a Small town like Hoenwald, a winning football coach like this clown will be " protected" by the influentials in the little goat town. ( Go there one day, did you ever see the movie hills have eyes? )

you don't have all the facts..........what (rock salt, blanks, etc) was shot, where, how rural was the area

etc....NOR DOES THE STORY SAY THAT HE SHOT AT PLAYERS.........

don't get confused.......the kids are to blame.......and they should be punished.........

as far as the coach goes......that is up to the local police and school officials in that town..............the people who live there make those decesions, not someone in nashvegas or the media........and if the people want to support the coach vs some turds who want to tp his yard, well again that is their call........and not yours.......

i also would educate you that the majority of america's population lives in a "small goat town"........ and now you know why.......

god bless america

you don't have all the facts..........what (rock salt, blanks, etc) was shot, where, how rural was the area

don't get confused.......the kids are to blame.......and they should be punished.........

as far as the coach goes......that is up to the local police and school officials in that town..............the people who live there make those decesions, not someone in nashvegas or the media........and if the people want to support the coach vs some turds who want to tp his yard, well again that is their call........and not yours.......

i also would educate you that the majority of america's population lives in a "small goat town"........ and now you know why.......

god bless america

In MY little goat town, in my little goat county, firing a gun at or near other people results in a Reckless Endangerment charge at the very least.

Note the 2nd video on the WSMV site shows damage to a vehicle that was attributed to a "pellet" (whether shotgun pellet, air rifle, whatever, it doesn't say) fired by this coach. So it sounds like maybe the teenagers were in a little more danger than the school and the police want to admit.

This stinks to high heaven - want to bet that any other homeowner would have been arrested???

god bless america

Kids putting toilet paper in trees has been happening for 50 years, what rock have you been under,( or have you been in the barn with the goats?) It is NOT ok to shoot at kids ....no matter where you are,city/country. Shooting a gun at /toward/ in the vicinity of kids ,(be it rock salt,blanks,full metal jacket rounds) , is Aggravated Assault , it is not up to the police or the community what they want to do, they are obligated by law to uphold the law and charge persons violating the Law, your status should not sway this action. Unfortunatly it appears this will be handled by the good ole boy system, unless TBI gets involved , then the good ole boys are powerless. Had this happen in Nashvegas, he would be in jail, making bond. They dont care who your daddy is.

Kids putting toilet paper in trees has been happening for 50 years, what rock have you been under,( or have you been in the barn with the goats?) It is NOT ok to shoot at kids ....no matter where you are,city/country. Shooting a gun at /toward/ in the vicinity of kids ,(be it rock salt,blanks,full metal jacket rounds) , is Aggravated Assault , it is not up to the police or the community what they want to do, they are obligated by law to uphold the law and charge persons violating the Law, your status should not sway this action. Unfortunatly it appears this will be handled by the good ole boy system, unless TBI gets involved , then the good ole boys are powerless. Had this happen in Nashvegas, he would be in jail, making bond. They dont care who your daddy is.

point of law.......in tennessee, police are not required to make arrest, by statue for anything, other than one crime.....and that is domestic violence....... outside of that one statute, enforcement of law is a "discretionary" function...

like i said......this is up to the local people in that community......get all worked up all you want........but that is how it is.....

and no, the TBI will not get involved........if the local law enforcement does not take any action, then the parents can request to take the matter to the grand jury.........and if there is a no true bill, then end of criminal story.....

i never said it was ok for what the coach did......only said it was up to that community.....and that we did not have all the facts......

and i don't care how long tp has been around.......it too is against the law.....(ok, only if it us used to trash another property vs wiping your butt)

i don't condone what the coach did.......if in fact (of which i do not have all the facts), he discharged a weapon with a projectile, at any person, or in a area where there is probability the round could inflict harm, could be prosecuted.......right along with the turds who caused this whole problem.....but here again, that is up to the fine people in lewis county....

we do not live in lewis county...........that is their business.............. through my travels in the united states, i have seen and read about ranchers who would shoot trespassers for similar PETTY things.......but in their community, tresspassing on a mans ranch with intent to do anything illegal, was open season, like it or not...... personally, i value human life over property.....

point of law.....in 99% of the counties in tennessee, in the rural areas (non-incorporated communities), there are no laws regarding the "general discharge" of a weapon....which is why you can hunt, target practice on your property, etc.............. if this coach in fact pointed a weapon at any person, or fired the weapon into a area where houses are, then he could be charged with several different things, such as reckless endangerment all the way to aggravated assault.....

but here again......you don't have all the facts........only what the media has reported.........and 99% of the time those reports are incomplete…

ahhh, but you have enough facts to nail the coach to the cross.....or burn him at the stake

my gosh.......how quick to rush to judgement.......are you sure you don't have some "roman guard" in you blood?

like i said......this is up to the local people in that community......get all worked up all you want........but that is how it is.....

and no, the TBI will not get involved........if the local law enforcement does not take any action, then the parents can request to take the matter to the grand jury.........and if there is a no true bill, then end of criminal story.....

i never said it was ok for what the coach did......only said it was up to that community.....and that we did not have all the facts......

and i don't care how long tp has been around.......it too is against the law.....

i don't condone what the coach did.......if in fact (of which i do not have all the facts), he discharged a weapon with a projectile, at any person, or in a area where there is probability the round could inflict harm, should be prosecuted.......right along with the turds who caused this whole problem.....

but here again, i do not live in lewis county...........that is their business.......

point of law.....in 99% of the counties in tennessee, in the rural areas (non-incorporated communities), there are no laws regarding the "general discharge" of a weapon....which is why you can hunt, target practice on your property, etc.............. if this coach in fact pointed a weapon at any person, or fired the weapon into a area where houses are, then he could be charged with several different things, such as reckless endangerment all the way to aggravated assault.....

but here again......you don't have all the facts........only what the media has reported.........and 99% of the time those reports are incomplete??¦.

I dont know what you are thinking, but it is not up to a community to decide if they are going to charge an individual, there are laws in this State, it is not up to the goat town of Hoenwald , what they want to do. And if there is any misconduct in applying the Law , you can book it the TBI will be there paying a visit.

I dont know what you are thinking, but it is not up to a community to decide if they are going to charge an individual, there are laws in this State, it is not up to the goat town of Hoenwald , what they want to do. And if there is any misconduct in applying the Law , you can book it the TBI will be there paying a visit.

you do not know what you are talking about......

i have arrested and prosecuted many people in my 20 plus year career as a police officer, criminal investigator, and police commander........ and i have never lost a criminal case........ and if you want to know more about some of the cases i have been involved in, then read the book "Power to Hurt" by Darcey Obrien.......the names have not been changed.........

this issue is up to the people in lewis county......

in tennessee, and as in most states in the east, the grand jury (the citizens of lewis county) makes the decision.......

the only way the fbi is involved, will be for violation of a federal law or federal statues (ie civil rights)......

even if the tbi are involved, the matter still goes before the lewis county grand jury.........and if those citizens decide a no true bill, then i can assure you that the DA will let it die......

you may not like the outcome........but if the people of lewis county do not want to charge their coach because of bunch of turds who want to vandalize his property, then that is their call......

a suggestion.......don't rush to judgment without all the facts........... i would rather let a guilty man go free vs sending a innocent man to jail....

another suggestion..........you better not vandalize a teachers home in lewis county.......they apparently will not put up with.......

This looks like the Hoenwald Police are trying to downplay this, and shift the guilt on the teens. Typical for a Small town like Hoenwald, a winning football coach like this clown will be " protected" by the influentials in the little goat town. ( Go there one day, did you ever see the movie hills have eyes? )

There are Goat Towns out there.

you do not know what you are talking about......

i have arrested and prosecuted many people in my 20 plus year career as a police officer, criminal investigator, and police commander........ and i have never lost a criminal case........ and if you want to know more about some of the cases i have been involved in, then read the book "Power to Hurt" by Darcey Obrien.......the names have not been changed.........

this issue is up to the people in lewis county......

in tennessee, and as in most states in the east, the grand jury (the citizens of lewis county) makes the decision.......

the only way the fbi is involved, will be for violation of a federal law or federal statues (ie civil rights)......

even if the tbi are involved, the matter still goes before the lewis county grand jury.........and if those citizens decide a no true bill, then i can assure you that the DA will let it die......

you may not like the outcome........but if the people of lewis county likes their coach more than a bunch of turds who want to vandalize his property, then that it their call......

a suggestion.......don't rush to judgment without all the facts........... i would rather let a guilty man go free vs sending a innocent man to jail....

another suggestion..........you better not vandalize a teachers home in lewis county.......they apparently will not put up with.......

Your claim /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> of being 20 years in Law enforcement /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> must of been in a shell, I really can care less how many stories you have had written about you , and your 100% criminal conviction rate, am not impressed and really dont care about you and what you claim to have done........( you cant even type in a legible manner) . Point is ,kids were putting toilet paper in someones tree, owner of tree comes out and shoots his gun at kids , "reported by the media you are so opposed of " , damage has occured to a vehicle occupied by one of the kids , from the gunshot. That is TCA # 39-13-102 Aggravated Assault , the definition of this as taken from Tn.Gov Website, 39-13-102. Aggravated assault. ??”

(a) A person commits aggravated assault who:

(1) Intentionally or knowingly commits an assault as defined in ?§ 39-13-101 and:

(A) Causes serious bodily injury to another; or

(/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Uses or displays a deadly weapon; or

(2) Recklessly commits an assault as defined in ?§ 39-13-101(a)(1), and:

(A) Causes serious bodily injury to another; or

(/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Uses or displays a deadly weapon.

Whether the gun had bullets,rock salt, or dog doo doo in it. The local Law Enforcement is obligated by law to charge him, it is not a popularity contest on what they want to do, if they do not, that falls under public corruption and official misconduct , that is when Mr. Mark Gwyn will get a call. In your first post YOU state that the kids are at fault and they should be punished......... those were your words. And you claim to be a police Officer for 20 years and even a commander, /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> With an attitude like that I wonder how many times you used your own personal beliefs in enforcing (or not enforcing) the law you swore to uphold. I have been in Iraq for 2 years , I did my job the way our job was outlined, by the law, not deciding whether it was popular or not .