What happened with coach shooting his players?

safety4

Maybe so, but you cannot put all the blame directly on the coach's shoulders when those kids had no business on his property.

I agree WHOLE HEARTEDLY. You can't blame someone for defending what's theirs. I think anyone would have taken some sort of action. Honestly, I wouldn't have wanted to clean up someone else's mess.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree WHOLE HEARTEDLY. You can't blame someone for defending what's theirs. I think anyone would have taken some sort of action. Honestly, I wouldn't have wanted to clean up someone else's mess.

I just recently had some kids saran wrap my truck.....could not even open the doors..they climbed all over leaving fingerprints and shoe marks on the hood and everywhere......we called the police they came out we told them we know who it was because of the shoe marks and they told my babysitter they did it.....the police said that it was not enough and besides it is not vandalism unless something gets broken.....but if I went and yelled at them I would have been arrested for assult on a minor.....where is the justice in that.....imagine if I shot a gun......but that's california for you!!!!! you guys got it good.

This looks like the Hoenwald Police are trying to downplay this, and shift the guilt on the teens. Typical for a Small town like Hoenwald, a winning football coach like this clown will be " protected" by the influentials in the little goat town. ( Go there one day, did you ever see the movie hills have eyes? )

The Hohenwald Police Department has absolutely nothing to do with this matter. The event happened in the county, far outside of the jurisdiction of our department. Your description of our town is beyond reprehensible.

Mess gets old ..i ran sum ppl outta my yard last night with a paintball gun........its ok to role a yard once but not 4 times and shaving cream the house and cars like they did last year im ready these year.....traps, paintball gun etc etc etc....and if they touch my car its gonna get personal ....luckly last yr my car wasnt there durring halloween it was gettin a new paint job for car show season!!

MG.......calling these kids "turds" , and you saying that you are in Law Enforcement saddens me. These are not turds, they are students that was pulling a prank, that has gone on forever in some areas. I'll bet some of these young kids parents probably did it themself. The law will determine if charges will be filed. The coach used bad judgement here.........he knew the kids probably, and wanted to scare not shoot them. This is a situation that is getting pushed way over the line. I'm sure if charges are founded, they will be filed and he will be charged.

Those of you that make all those statements toward Hohenwald/Lewis county are just ignorant. I have learned when people have no facts to argue a point usually have to start with personal insults, because they have nothing else. Hohenwald is no differant than many other small towns in TN. The old saying "clean up your own back yard before you start on others" might be apply here.

MG.......calling these kids "turds" , and you saying that you are in Law Enforcement saddens me. These are not turds, they are students that was pulling a prank, that has gone on forever in some areas. I'll bet some of these young kids parents probably did it themself. The law will determine if charges will be filed. The coach used bad judgement here.........he knew the kids probably, and wanted to scare not shoot them. This is a situation that is getting pushed way over the line. I'm sure if charges are founded, they will be filed and he will be charged.

Those of you that make all those statements toward Hohenwald/Lewis county are just ignorant. I have learned when people have no facts to argue a point usually have to start with personal insults, because they have nothing else. Hohenwald is no differant than many other small towns in TN. The old saying "clean up your own back yard before you start on others" might be apply here.

Regardless, these fine upstanding young people were out criminally trespassing in the commission of vandalism. I can appreciate a "clean" prank as much as the next guy and participated in my fair share of them. However, the took the risk and that is that. I'm not going to blame the coach/teacher. He didn't actually shoot them. I bet they need their diapers changed. I don't think he is too worried about "daddy" either.

What did these kids do, run home and go "daddy daddy, this mean old man scared me so bad I pooped in my pants when I was trashing his house, go beat him up.?"

My last point. Many in this thread said the rolled trees. How many of you got caught?

Edit: Suppose the tbi or fbi were to get involved as a hate crime . . . against the kids and their families.

Regardless, these fine upstanding young people were out criminally trespassing in the commission of vandalism. I can appreciate a "clean" prank as much as the next guy and participated in my fair share of them. However, the took the risk and that is that. I'm not going to blame the coach/teacher. He didn't actually shoot them. I bet they need their diapers changed. I don't think he is too worried about "daddy" either.

What did these kids do, run home and go "daddy daddy, this mean old man scared me so bad I pooped in my pants when I was trashing his house, go beat him up.?"

My last point. Many in this thread said the rolled trees. How many of you got caught?

Edit: Suppose the tbi or fbi were to get involved as a hate crime . . . against the kids and their families.

[/quo

"I can appreciate a "Clean" prank as much as the next guy".......How much cleaner can you get.....Toilet paper!

Hate Crime?........Please, just plain silly

i know some people who think stealing a 25cent piece of candy from the store is ok......know some people who think that it is ok for minors to drink beer..........know some people who think it is ok for minors to smoke ciggs......and there are some people on these boards who think it is ok for minors to trespass and trash a mans property......

BUT GUESS WHAT.......all the above are the same.......they all are CRIMES.........caught a kid once stealing gas.....it said it was a harmless prank....property owner said book him dano.......

you can minimize this behavior all you want........but it is a bunch of turds, thugs, hooligans, trespassing on a mans property who did not want these hooligans on his property to begin with......

you may be jesus like on sunday......but when you trespass on monday on another mans property, with intent to vandalize it.......then you are a thug, turd, or whatever.......

and i should know, cause as a juvenile i got caught, and my daddy wore my thug tale out.........my daddy did not think it was a prank.......and nor did i after the whooooooping........i had to go and apologize then clean the mans yard........

in the Dyersburg school district, if you vandalize a teachers property (whether on or off campus), is an automatic suspension.........does not sound like everybody thinks it is a prank............

AND CLIDREN, you better learn from this........if you go out to do what you think is a harmless prank....which happens to be illegal, then you can be arrested and charged with a crime......pay a fine, and do community service........

mg.....you retired yet......sounds like you might have alittle burn out working there.

This is a prank.........period.

Bad choice on both parities. Maybe the kids shouldn't have "rolled this individual, and I'm certain that the coach wasn't shooting at them......! But to call kids pranks.......and your comparison to theft of any amount etc. is just plain silly.

If your still working...........might consider a vacation. If not......seek help....!

Prolly safe to assume a few things about this case.

1)I'll assume it was dark, so there was prolly no way for ol' coach to see that it was kids, criminals, ostriches, wombats, grizzly bears or whatever out there. Yeah, maybe he shouldn't have pulle dthe trigger, but maybe they shouldn't have been out there either.

2)It was night time. Lots of crazy stuff happens after dark, namely vandalism.

Point being this: We, as American citizens, have the right to bear arms. We have the right to defend our property. It doesn't matter if they were out there sitting around a campfire and singing church hymns, they were trespassing. It's funny that these kids go out and do some stupid illegal crap to someone prominent in their community, and now that that person steps out and defends his property, then somehow these little punks become the victims. What a crock! Bet they learned a little bit of a lesson. With every action there is a consequence.

I mean seriously, how many of you here grew up in a rural area? I bet you knew that if you were trespassing on someone's propery vandalizing it, there was about a 50/50 shot the owner would come out packin' heat! I knew it when I was that age, seriously, it's common freakin' sense!

You may ask the question- what if one of those kids had been hurt?

I ask you this- what if it had not been kids, but some disgruntled person intent on hurting the coach, his wife, or HIS kids? When is anyone going to defend HIS rights?

Great post. I agree. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

mg.....you retired yet......sounds like you might have alittle burn out working there.

Bad choice on both parities. Maybe the kids shouldn't have "rolled this individual, and I'm certain that the coach wasn't shooting at them......! But to call kids pranks.......and your comparison to theft of any amount etc. is just plain silly.

If your still working...........might consider a vacation. If not......seek help....!

just a question..........if the property owner does not think it is a prank.........then is it a prank?

if you say yes, then you are wrong.....sorry.......that is how it is........if the property owner does not think it is a prank.....then it is a crime.......one which can lead to criminal charges, fine, etc.....

and i know, cause around this time of year, our officers were writting a lot of citations to appear in juvenile court.....simply cause the property owners did not take it as a prank........

you can make fun of me all you want, cause after 20 years of putting up with people like you, who make excuses vs taking responsbility for their mistakes....well lets say being a cop is always being the bad guy......so i am use to verbal assaults.....go ahead and dish it........it is much eaier than being shot at....

try this prank on for size.......this comes from right here in the great state of tennessee about 25 years ago....... this 80 year old man (half blind and death) had a home invasion where he was beaten to near death and robbed.....after he recovered, he bought a shot gun.......six months later, a coulple of jesus on sunday, turds on saturday good kid thugs was throwing water ballons at this front porch and then started shaking the door and yelling....the kids were just pulling a prank....the ole man shot the gun through the door killing one kid and wounding the other......

the old man was not indicted by the grand jury.....the citizens took his side........he feared for his life......

now, go out and tell your jesus on sunday kids and turds on saturday to go ahead and tresspass all they want......no one would ever hurt them......

just don't be surpised when that cop knocks on your door at midnight and says.......do you know where your children are?

if you want to know more information about "kids" who have been killed becasue of pranks, all accross the country, then give me a call......if i can save one child's life, because of a stupid parent.....then that is a "win"...... or if you need "parenting class", then let me know....we have the resouces that can educate you on why you should teach your children not to break the law......