What happened with coach shooting his players?

safety4

Your claim /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> of being 20 years in Law enforcement /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> must of been in a shell, I really can care less how many stories you have had written about you , and your 100% criminal conviction rate, am not impressed and really dont care about you and what you claim to have done........( you cant even type in a legible manner) . Point is ,kids were putting toilet paper in someones tree, owner of tree comes out and shoots his gun at kids , "reported by the media you are so opposed of " , damage has occured to a vehicle occupied by one of the kids , from the gunshot. That is TCA # 39-13-102 Aggravated Assault , the definition of this as taken from Tn.Gov Website, 39-13-102. Aggravated assault. ??”

(a) A person commits aggravated assault who:

(1) Intentionally or knowingly commits an assault as defined in ?§ 39-13-101 and:

(A) Causes serious bodily injury to another; or

(/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Uses or displays a deadly weapon; or

(2) Recklessly commits an assault as defined in ?§ 39-13-101(a)(1), and:

(A) Causes serious bodily injury to another; or

(/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Uses or displays a deadly weapon.

Whether the gun had bullets,rock salt, or dog doo doo in it. The local Law Enforcement is obligated by law to charge him, it is not a popularity contest on what they want to do, if they do not, that falls under public corruption and official misconduct , that is when Mr. Mark Gwyn will get a call. In your first post YOU state that the kids are at fault and they should be punished......... those were your words. And you claim to be a police Officer for 20 years and even a commander, /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> With an attitude like that I wonder how many times you used your own personal beliefs in enforcing (or not enforcing) the law you swore to uphold. I have been in Iraq for 2 years , I did my job the way our job was outlined, by the law, not deciding whether it was popular or not .

actually, the book is not about me but about political corruption.....

like i said, the TBI will not get involved.....

and by the way, tell mark gwyn that mg down in dyersburg says hi........i knew director gwyn when he was a street cop in mcminville, in fact we both had just started our careers in law enforcement at the same time......he has done great work in the area of meth enforcement.....

i am sure mark will pick up the phone and call ole john mehr in jackson and tell him to drop some of those high priority cases and get right on it........

law enforcement is a "discreationary" function..........if it was your way, then we would live in a police state where you got charged every time for every thing........

thank god i live in america.... and thank god for the jury system......

whay are you so quick to judge? why do you want to burn this coach at the cross, without the facts, because some turds wanted to "roll" his property?

you need to let all that anger go.............after all, it is up to the fine people in lewis county......and not us....

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM DEFENDING THE SYSTEM AND NOT THE COACH...what he did was not very smart..........but it is the people of lewis county who will decide...

this is my last post cause i should not argue with someone about the law who does not know it.....

there are way too many people to rush to judgment without all the facts...AND IT IS SAD THAT SOME RUSH TO JUDGEMENT ABOUT LEWIS COUNTY........comparing them to "the hills have eyes"......

the people of lewis county are good people...........and they will do what they think is right, and not someone in nashvegas......

i guess it is a lot like when we second guess and know more about football than the people who get paid to coach it...

If he shot at me when I was a kid "rollin" trees , my dad would of taken things into his own hands, no need to leave it up to the folks . Good god shooting at kids rollin trees ! That shows a real level headed role model for the kids in lewis county. , Kinnda gettin scared for the kids......What is he gonna do when a mean bulldog rolls into town?

I AM DEFENDING THE SYSTEM AND NOT THE COACH...what he did was not very smart..........but it is the people of lewis county who will decide...

this is my last post cause i should not argue with someone about the law who does not know it.....

there are way too many people to rush to judgment without all the facts...AND IT IS SAD THAT SOME RUSH TO JUDGEMENT ABOUT LEWIS COUNTY........comparing them to "the hills have eyes"......

the people of lewis county are good people...........and they will do what they think is right, and not someone in nashvegas......

i guess it is a lot like when we second guess and know more about football than the people who get paid to coach it...

Sounds like to me your defending the coach..............this looks like that is the subject........ COACH SHOOTS AT KIDS. You contradict yourself in this post, first you say what he did was not very smart, then you say dont judge without all the facts..... Looks like you already judged he did it. You are right , what he did was not very smart, shooting guns at kids, but guess what Mr. Law professor.........it was 100 % Illegal too.

Prolly safe to assume a few things about this case.

1)I'll assume it was dark, so there was prolly no way for ol' coach to see that it was kids, criminals, ostriches, wombats, grizzly bears or whatever out there. Yeah, maybe he shouldn't have pulle dthe trigger, but maybe they shouldn't have been out there either.

2)It was night time. Lots of crazy stuff happens after dark, namely vandalism.

Point being this: We, as American citizens, have the right to bear arms. We have the right to defend our property. It doesn't matter if they were out there sitting around a campfire and singing church hymns, they were trespassing. It's funny that these kids go out and do some stupid illegal crap to someone prominent in their community, and now that that person steps out and defends his property, then somehow these little punks become the victims. What a crock! Bet they learned a little bit of a lesson. With every action there is a consequence.

I mean seriously, how many of you here grew up in a rural area? I bet you knew that if you were trespassing on someone's propery vandalizing it, there was about a 50/50 shot the owner would come out packin' heat! I knew it when I was that age, seriously, it's common freakin' sense!

You may ask the question- what if one of those kids had been hurt?

I ask you this- what if it had not been kids, but some disgruntled person intent on hurting the coach, his wife, or HIS kids? When is anyone going to defend HIS rights?

I know very little of this situation, so I'll watch what I say about it. Perhaps the coach did take it a little bit far with the gun and all, but to me, vandalism is vandalism and that's how I see rolling someone's yard. My personal property is just that-PERSONAL. If there were a group of teenagers rolling my yard, I may not shoot at them but I would do my darndest to scare them and teach them a lesson. I realize that teenage pranks have been around for years, but if I'd vandalized someone's property as a teenager, I'd been AFRAID to face my parents at home. But I was a kid in the eighties and things have changed. No matter what, I hope someone learns a lesson from this.

I know very little of this situation, so I'll watch what I say about it. Perhaps the coach did take it a little bit far with the gun and all, but to me, vandalism is vandalism and that's how I see rolling someone's yard. My personal property is just that-PERSONAL. If there were a group of teenagers rolling my yard, I may not shoot at them but I would do my darndest to scare them and teach them a lesson. I realize that teenage pranks have been around for years, but if I'd vandalized someone's property as a teenager, I'd been AFRAID to face my parents at home. But I was a kid in the eighties and things have changed. No matter what, I hope someone learns a lesson from this.

I was a teen in the early 80's myself and if we got shot at for every yard we rolled, most of us would be dead.. Like an early post said, it is harmless and the kids are only having fun. Now if they're egging cars or something destructive then I draw the line on that.

Rolling a yard with toilet paper has been around for ages, not sying it is right.......but these are kids. They were not throwing rocks thru his window, or setting his barn on fire. This time of year look in the trees........lots of toilet paper, after the first rain it is gone. We have been rolling friends of ours yards for years, and they do us, it is good friendly fun . Shooting a gun is way over the line, I hope it is handled like any other John Q Citizen, but it looks like it is trying to be downplayed. That is serious, kids may have been taught a lesson, the Coach should too..

Rolling a yard with toilet paper has been around for ages, not sying it is right.......but these are kids. They were not throwing rocks thru his window, or setting his barn on fire. This time of year look in the trees........lots of toilet paper, after the first rain it is gone. We have been rolling friends of ours yards for years, and they do us, it is good friendly fun . Shooting a gun is way over the line, I hope it is handled like any other John Q Citizen, but it looks like it is trying to be downplayed. That is serious, kids may have been taught a lesson, the Coach should too..

Maybe so, but you cannot put all the blame directly on the coach's shoulders when those kids had no business on his property.