Halls vs. Powell

littlemn88

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the thoughts on this game? How many years has it been in a row that Powell has beaten Halls? Will the streak continue?

Powell has won 3 in a row, 4 of the last 5, if memory serves.

I look for a very close football game. Halls has been a good football team this year, as was expected, while Powell has surprised some folks by being 4-2 at this point in the season.

The one thing I do know is that there will be a huge crowd at Halls on Friday, and it will be a very intense football game.

Central does it. Farragut used to. Anderson Co. does it. I don't mind paying to park on campus, I just hope we come ready to play and kick some Panther butt Friday. If you thought the West crowd was intense, WAIT TILL THIS WEEK.

I think HTV might be right on the past few years of the Emory Rd. matchup.

Central does it. Farragut used to. Anderson Co. does it. I don't mind paying to park on campus, I just hope we come ready to play and kick some Panther butt Friday. If you thought the West crowd was intense, WAIT TILL THIS WEEK.

I think HTV might be right on the past few years of the Emory Rd. matchup.

AC doesn't charge anymore, at least they didn't when Powell played them 2 weeks ago.

As far as the game is concerned, this should be a good one. This game could go either way, although I do think that Halls' comeback win against West does give them a bit of an edge, since neither team has really beaten anyone else. I look forward to watching this game!

AC doesn't charge anymore, at least they didn't when Powell played them 2 weeks ago.

As far as the game is concerned, this should be a good one. This game could go either way, although I do think that Halls' comeback win against West does give them a bit of an edge, since neither team has really beaten anyone else. I look forward to watching this game!

does Halls' beating sevier co., west, and clinton not rank above beating karns, campbell co., and lenior city?

does Halls' beating sevier co., west, and clinton not rank above beating karns, campbell co., and lenior city?

Look at who both of these teams have beaten. West is the only playoff-caliber team that either of these teams have beaten (which I already pointed out). Sevier County is 3-4 (with wins against Campbell County, Karns, and Seymour) and Clinton is 2-4 (with wins against Campbell County and that stunner against SD). Everyone already knows that Powell hasn't beaten anyone, so I'll say it again, neither of these teams have beaten anyone, outside of Halls' comeback win against West.

Well I'm happy with a 7-3 or 6-4 year. I believe most would agree. I hoping for a third seed so we can miss having to play Red Bank at their place this year. I think it will be their best year to beat Maryville. So who we have beaten or lost to isn't a factor in my eyes its how we prepare for the remaining games. The coaches note the other teams weakenesses and adjust likewise. Gibbs,Clinton & West had porous lines so we ran the football and racked up impressive numbers.

Halls isn't a mystery this year we just run over people and play smashmouth football. Kitts is one of the best athletes to come out of our program in a while running the ball. If he breaks the line of scrimmage he is tough to bring down and has good speed in the open field. I have only seen two teams that have stopped us so far in Central & Bearden and they aren't bad are they.

This is a good matchup. I see a close game if Powell stops Kitts they win. If Kitts gets his 200 yards then I think we win.