Halls vs. Powell

littlemn88

I just spoke to my sister, she said that her boys mentioned something about anti-Powell graffiti being painted on the field. Surely the Powell coaches would not be so low as to "plant" grafitti. Those are steps taken by the most desparate of coaches.

HTV what is your take on this situation?

I can remember when I was at Powell that some guys from Halls supposed scoured our field with graffiti before the games in 1999 and 2000. Semour, Coach Macy (who recently retired) used to paint the field every Friday, so I'm not sure what you mean by the Powell coaches never painting the field.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spoke to my sister, she said that her boys mentioned something about anti-Powell graffiti being painted on the field. Surely the Powell coaches would not be so low as to "plant" grafitti. Those are steps taken by the most desparate of coaches.

That doesn't even deserve an answer. Coaches Lowe and Smith have more important things to do at 7 AM. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

now i know your false because the band doesnt practice on the field til thursdays... hah.

Like i said NO ONE has painted anything on the game field since LAST thursday for the SD game.

Garunteed.

and btw what the heck is anti powell graffiti? sounds like you have been to close to some Urban walls. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I can remember when I was at Powell that some guys from Halls supposed scoured our field with graffiti before the games in 1999 and 2000. Semour, Coach Macy (who recently retired) used to paint the field every Friday, so I'm not sure what you mean by the Powell coaches never painting the field.

Im talking this year. Powell coaches dont paint the field. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

That doesn't even deserve an answer. Coaches Lowe and Smith have more important things to do at 7 AM. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

your right... can we talk football? geez

Devils by 21 over the Panthers. Kitts 175+. Roll up your sleeves Coach and get ready to get bushwhacked back into the creek. Then we will show you the way back to the loser's side of 75.

If we don't win this one I will streak down the middle of the field next week against Lenoir City after the bands finish playing.

Devils by 21 over the Panthers. Kitts 175+. Roll up your sleeves Coach and get ready to get bushwhacked back into the creek. Then we will show you the way back to the loser's side of 75.

If we don't win this one I will streak down the middle of the field next week against Lenoir City after the bands finish playing.

I think Halls will win a close game, but that's a pretty bold statement that I doubt would ever be backed up.

We would definately need a fireworks display for that one. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Are you any relation to the infamous streaker of '99? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I watched one of my friends little brother play for powell freshman team on monday night and yes, the powell coaches painted a big red H on the powell practice field. I overheard a water girl and a player for powell talking about it and trust me the watergirl for powell would know best. The powell coach's are really good artists...and are representing the POWER H for Halls. GO DEVILS

Riddle me this then, who paints the field for this season? I guess things have changed. Also, the band has never practiced on the football field during the week before a Friday game, unless that suddenly changed this morning.

Up until this year Joe Campbell and Mike King painted the field before games. They have done that for many years, back in to the Clark Duncan era.

There is a different crew painting the field now. I know that Coach Lowe's Dad helps, but i'm not sure who else is on the paint crew.

I watched one of my friends little brother play for powell freshman team on monday night and yes, the powell coaches painted a big red H on the powell practice field. I overheard a water girl and a player for powell talking about it and trust me the watergirl for powell would know best. The powell coach's are really good artists...and are representing the POWER H for Halls. GO DEVILS

Now, that I could buy. Nothing wrong with making the practice field a little more like the game field will look on Friday.

Obviously doing it while the freshman/jv games are going on with several hundred people present is a bit different from accusing the coaches of painting the game field in the guise of darkenss.

Believe what you want or must, but I saw what I saw. The sad thing is that some young, ignorant kid is going to try and reciprocate. It was DEFINITELY the coaches. It's vandalism against your own school, with the intent of it being blamed on innocent kids from an opposing school. Pretty low in my book. Those coaches SHOULD have more important things to do at 7 am.