Father Ryan VS Ensworth

fiftyfifty

Is this game being played at the haunted baseball ghost town or on the flood plains of the mighty Harpeth River? I think the venue is the key to their respective successes.

Will the silver spoons be able to withstand the smell of urine at Greeer Cemetary?

Or will the Irish go over to the Indian Burial grounds and become mesmerized by the smell of money?

I will say this.....A rivalry is underway but I'm still lost on who the natural enemy is? Father Ryan has emerged from a decade slump....so let's decide.

Old MBA -vs- FRHS rivaly was classic because there were no other enemies

BA -vs- MBA is the current clash of Titans

MBA - vs- Ensworth ...civil war.

It's decided...no one like MBA

That's classic! You're right on target.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one likes MBA, you got that right! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yet MBA continues to beat every team they face. (8-0)...

Anyway, I'm glad to see Ryan and MBA back to being dominate teams and EHS is proving to a force also... Ryan vs. EHS will be a great game, and a lot of people will be there to see if Ryan is as good as their record says, and EHS will definitely put them to the test. Ryan's key to victory is obviously stopping RB/QB Jefferson and if they can do that then they will get the W....

I think Ryan wins late in the 4th quarter, but don't doubt the new school EHS...

Ryan 24- EHS 21

This game is being played at Ensworth High School. I have never attended a football game there, so is there going to be a place to park for the big crowd that is sure to be in attendence. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Go past school entrance to next entrance to baseball field/track parking. Prepare to stand if you can't get there early. Very nice stadium but visitor side on the small side.

RYAN O LINE vs. ensworth d line.

Point well taken ....but I did watch EHS -vs- MBA and I truthfully expected them(EHS) to get run over or wore down and neither happened. Their line was undersized but played hard the entire game. Will Ryan's line be able to do what MBA couldn't?

I think EHS will try to force Guidry to beat them. I don't think he will beat them thru the air but run/pass option will be there and if he can pick up first downs with his legs it allows the O-line to keep pounding away at EHS and and keeps TJ off the field. Should be another great DII matchup.

FRHS crowds are much closer to midstate football crowds noise level wise and try to make a difference in the game.

It will be a much better football atmosphere than the spaghetti social. Coat and tie required at that game.

This game is being played at Ensworth High School. I have never attended a football game there, so is there going to be a place to park for the big crowd that is sure to be in attendence. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Bulldog- The venue will be interesting. The advantage goes to Ensworth. Their kids have adapted to their surroundings. The glow of lights from the neighboring Bellevue baseball fields and Harpeth Valley Driving Range makes the opposing team feel as if they're in Alaska during the middle of the night. The Irish may get disheveled and their bodies may shut down. There will be a lot of involuntary yawning during the game. Hard to communicate when you're gathering Oxygen for a good nights sleep.

The second point is that the Mighty Harpeth is at Rio Grande water levels. The dust and soote can coat the lungs if you're not used to it but the Irish and their faithfull should be well hydrated by game time.

The west side Catholics from St. Matthews (congrats to their cross-country team) and St. Henry's welcome the entire Parochial League to visit our side of town and cheer on the Irish.

Ensworth school is worth the trip just to tour the campus.

Point well taken ....but I did watch EHS -vs- MBA and I truthfully expected them(EHS) to get run over or wore down and neither happened. Their line was undersized but played hard the entire game. Will Ryan's line be able to do what MBA couldn't?

I think EHS will try to force Guidry to beat them. I don't think he will beat them thru the air but run/pass option will be there and if he can pick up first downs with his legs it allows the O-line to keep pounding away at EHS and and keeps TJ off the field. Should be another great DII matchup.

FRHS crowds are much closer to midstate football crowds noise level wise and try to make a difference in the game.

It will be a much better football atmosphere than the spaghetti social. Coat and tie required at that game.

Justin Guidry is probably the most underated quarterback in D2-AA Middle. I believe he has the 2nd most scored touchdowns, if not first, for Father Ryan. He does an incredible job on defense too, for instance, in the CPA game he had 3 interceptions. With Berry back and the chance for Josh Hayes to get some rest for defense, things look good for the Irish. Ryan Berry looks like a lepurchan on the field some times, he is so short. Sorry i just had to say that. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

EDIT: Im sorry, i just had to add the motorcycle in the end there /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />