Warren Co. @ Lincoln Co.

Gutts

Yeah, I suspect that Parris Island is quite a bit scarier than The Pit!

Hope you enjoy your shore leave, but I'll be rootin' for the Falcons!

Good game by both teams tonight, we fumbled the twice inside our 31 yard line, once on the 13, and that helped W.C. get 10 points but, you have to give them credit, they have a scrappy team that keeps coming at you that's for sure. It looked like the week off hurt us, especially on offense, where we were very out of rhythm pratically all night, but I'm sure that W.C. had something to do with that. After finding out that W.C. turned the ball over 7 times against Coffee Co., I knew that you couldn't go by that final score to try to measure what kind of team they had.

The bottom line is we must play better on offense in the next three games, Baylor, Cookeville, and Coffee Co. to have a chance to win any of the three, the last 2 on the road.

Good luck to Warren Co. the rest of the year!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol and all i hear bout is "The Pit" o man scary go to Parris Island, South Carolina for 13 weeks they'll show you what a pit is not some place to play a football. But I'm going to get ready thats a nice little drive

Welcome home Front. How was PI? It's a beautiful place. I really miss it! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

SEMPER FI! Welcome to the brotherhood!!

One of the things WC does is they have 45 players on the team but only about 17 see considerable playing time. Why risk your QB playing defense, when he could be on the sidelines talking to the OC about what the other defense is doing. If you break it down there are potentially 66 starting positions on a football team (11 each on offense,defense,punt, punt receiving,kickoff and kickoff receiving). The other is football doesn't get a lot of support from athletic department administration at middle school or high school. the middle school head coach is stepping down after this year because he can't get anything for his players, yet basketball gets whatever they ask for. There needs to be some changes at WC and they need to start at the top.

The first argument is hardly legitimate. Yes they may have 45 players but in h/s you have to put the best 11 on the field, especially when you don't have depth and Warren County does not. I went to see Riverdale and Lebanon play Friday night and I even saw a couple of Riverdale players on both sides of the ball, and they dress 100 players!

For those of you who where at the game, a few questions. Who looked to have the most talent? Why did WC run out the clock in the first half with all their time outs and the ball at mid-field with over a minute to go and their kicker had all ready nailed a 45 yarder? What about the pass interference call in the first half against WC when the reciever couldn't have caught the ball if he was on a motercycle because it was so far overthrown? Did Coach Thompson put on a coaches clinic or what? How can LC be in a prevent defense at the end of the game and three D Lineman still get to the QB?

For those of you who where at the game, a few questions. Who looked to have the most talent? Why did WC run out the clock in the first half with all their time outs and the ball at mid-field with over a minute to go and their kicker had all ready nailed a 45 yarder? What about the pass interference call in the first half against WC when the reciever couldn't have caught the ball if he was on a motercycle because it was so far overthrown? Did Coach Thompson put on a coaches clinic or what? How can LC be in a prevent defense at the end of the game and three D Lineman still get to the QB?

Lincoln County was the most talented team between the two. Why did WC run out the clock? We have no passing game at all. We throw a pick they get the ball back and maybe score. You have to take the lead in at halftime against a good team on the road. i dont know what we can do the rest of the way but we need a new offensive scheme. Pounding the ball is not working against bigger and stronger teams and thats what we face the rest of the way. If the QB does not throw it then we cant pass the ball either. Offensively we are getting beat bad.