Boone vs. Mo West

Blazer#52

I'm curious to see how Boone does playing on the new West turf field. It will be interesting to see how they respond to the hard surface and the nice burns they get when they slide across it. I'd imagine they have been practicing on a regular grass field, so it might be somewhat of a suprise for them when they actually hit it for the first time. So if any of the Boone players are reading this, bring tennis shoes and not your regular game cleets.

Boone: 14

West: 14

5 Overtimes

If any of the players this year are reading this, I think they just got a good laugh. I think they'll be ok. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Boone at Volunteer, not very impressive. Not had the chance to see West, but don't think that they have fallen that far. Boone was small, one dimensional and not very strong up front. The one thing that Boone does is they play hard,very hard.

Should be a game...West wins by 13

#72 and #78 are very good (big) lineman for Boone! Perhaps, they did not play against Volunteer?

If any of the players this year are reading this, I think they just got a good laugh. I think they'll be ok. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Boone was on the turf during the jamboree, so they have a little experience. Also, this is not the same turf that was in the dome.

The surface does not seem to make that much of a difference to most players, except there seem to be alot more fumbles. It is much better than the dirt/mud that would have been there by this time of the year.

I have not seen anyone playing in tennis shoes, but I guess it would work. However, the turf is designed to be played on with cleats.

The 2 personal fouls were huge. The first was questionable but the second was a PF. The first was just a big hit and the receiver was trying to get up from under the DB and raised up into his leg wich looked as if he was standing over him but he was not. The second was a push with both hands after the whistle and should have been called.

You forgot about the forearm to the head on the first pf. Either way, the score should have been 30 + to 0 if West throws the ball. West offense played into East's only strength.

Some stats about both teams:

West Points For 106 (17.7/game) Points Against 105 (17.5/game) Against Conference Opponents Points For 80 (26.7/game) Points Against 21 (7/game) Opponents Record 21 - 17

Boone Points For 123 (20.5/game) Points Against 92 (15.3/game) Against Conference Opponents Points For 54 (18/game) Points Against 33 (11/game) Opponents Record 14 - 22

Both teams are extremely even on paper. There are no common opponents to judge results against. I feel West will win this game. However, we will have to play as well as we have played all year to win.

MoWest wins 25-7.

Boone suffers multiple gunshot wounds to the foot. 2 fumbles and 4 interceptions. Not to mention a punt blocked for a TD and a safety on the last play of the game.

Excellent defense by West, now 2 teams have stopped Masters. Pretty good defense by Boone. Stopped West in the red zone three times. Offense gave West the ball on the Boone side of the 50 many times.

Congratulations MoWest. 4-0 in the conference.