Boone vs. Mo West

Blazer#52

The 2 personal fouls were huge. The first was questionable but the second was a PF. The first was just a big hit and the receiver was trying to get up from under the DB and raised up into his leg wich looked as if he was standing over him but he was not. The second was a push with both hands after the whistle and should have been called.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 personal fouls were huge. The first was questionable but the second was a PF. The first was just a big hit and the receiver was trying to get up from under the DB and raised up into his leg wich looked as if he was standing over him but he was not. The second was a push with both hands after the whistle and should have been called.

I saw the first and agree with you. It did not seem as though the East player was being malicious and was just there when the West player was trying to get up. However, there was a huge outcry from the West side and that may have played into the entire call. I did not see the second call, so I cannot comment on it. I hate that the fouls give East a reason to question the win, but I am glad West got the win. However, our offense did not play very well -- the Jekyll offense came to the East game. We made too many mistakes and too many fouls to stop the drives. The defense played well, but they were helped by East's offensive play. So, if Boone will be kind enough to oblige with similar plays, it would be greatly appreciated.

I saw the first and agree with you. It did not seem as though the East player was being malicious and was just there when the West player was trying to get up. However, there was a huge outcry from the West side and that may have played into the entire call. I did not see the second call, so I cannot comment on it. I hate that the fouls give East a reason to question the win, but I am glad West got the win. However, our offense did not play very well -- the Jekyll offense came to the East game. We made too many mistakes and too many fouls to stop the drives. The defense played well, but they were helped by East's offensive play. So, if Boone will be kind enough to oblige with similar plays, it would be greatly appreciated.

This East fan will say that the fouls helped with the TD score BUT even if west had missed a FG there, it still would have been 3-0. You have to score to win and we did not and did not even get close. I think if east had hit the open receiver down the sideline on the first drive, it would have changed the game and made west back out of the box a little and open up some of the run game but that was a missed opp.

does anyone know anything about the 2 little cowboys at linebacker for boone? heard they were something

Actually, the 2 little cowboys at linebacker are Calvin McCray. He just seems like 2 players. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No, seriously, that would be Mitchell Masters, #7, who is also the tailback, and Calvin McCray, #9, who you may have read, was nearly killed by a bull in a rodeo accident early last fall. Died twice on the way to the hospital, had 9 surgeries, lost an eye, and lead the team in tackles in his first full game back, against South. Somewhat of a local hero around here lately, and one tough guy for a 5'-7" linebacker. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If you saw Boone at Volunteer, no wonder you're not impressed. Only time their offense has been stopped so far. They do pass much better than last year's team, and can be decent on play-action passes. Running, it's all Mitchell Masters, who has, I believe, 887 yards so far, in 6 games. Take away the Volunteer game, and he's averaging 176 yds. per game.

Not sure how Boone's defense matches up against West's offense.

Saw Boone at Volunteer, not very impressive. Not had the chance to see West, but don't think that they have fallen that far. Boone was small, one dimensional and not very strong up front. The one thing that Boone does is they play hard,very hard.

Should be a game...West wins by 13

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there Mr. Bell. The Boone line is the strength of the team. I hate that the Volunteer game is how boone is judged. We just can't do anything with them these past few years. I know some of the linemen personally, and they ALL have outstanding footwork, and quickness. Some might not be physically as strong, but to be a linemen all you have to do is get your big butt in between the ball carrier and the hole.

As for the cowboy linebacker, he is the heart of the team. He is one of the most outstanding human beings you will ever meet, and if you ever have a chance you need to sit down and talk to him.

One last note sorry if I misspelled anything, I'm a dumb ol' hick. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Can't believe this thread is so quiet.

This is a BIG game in the 5 Rivers. First place team hosting one of the 3 teams tied for second.

Never seen thw MoWest crowd this quiet.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The West people have been quiet all year. It is a little difficult coming off undefeated regular seasons to what has happened this year, and most people are unsure of this team's capabilities. The defense has played fairly well in most of the games (even the losses), but the special teams and offense have yet to have a complete game against a quality opponent (played well enough against East to win, but not a complete game).

Also, there is not a lot of knowledge about Boone in this neck of the woods. We have not played any common opponents this year, nor have we heard alot about the team. So, all of this together has us holding our hands up and saying who knows.

There is no doubt our defense will be able to play with Boone, but if they stay on the field we will lose the game. However, if the offense can eat some clock, sustain some drives, and keep Boone on a long field we will win.

I'm curious to see how Boone does playing on the new West turf field. It will be interesting to see how they respond to the hard surface and the nice burns they get when they slide across it. I'd imagine they have been practicing on a regular grass field, so it might be somewhat of a suprise for them when they actually hit it for the first time. So if any of the Boone players are reading this, bring tennis shoes and not your regular game cleets.

Boone: 14

West: 14

5 Overtimes