Boone vs. Mo West

Blazer#52

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morristown West played a very tough schedule in the first half. Got a little banged up by Catholic and Science Hill. Should have beaten Jefferson County (gotta hang on to the ball!). And had dominating wins over Cherokee, David Crockett, and Morristown East.

I know the East score was 10-0, but there was never a threat from East. The Canes were held to 92 yds rushing and never once crossed the 50 into Trojan territory.

I think this one will be another close, defensive battle.

MWHS 20

DBHS 14

This game will go a long way in determining how the conference shakes out.

I know MoWest is better than originally predicted, but don't know many specifics. Maybe some of you MoEasters can clue us in as to what to expect....................

I do not know if any MoEast fan is very interested in talking about West. I expected a little more offense from East myself given the speed that is on their team, but a one dimensional team is going to have problems unless they are so over powering the other team cannot stop them. East is not that overpowering and after watching the game, I believe they are missing Ramsey more than any of them will admit. Their defense is very good, but our offense is struggling. By that I mean, one game we look great -- no one can stop us, and the next we look befuddled, we do not need anyone to stop us, we will do it ourselves. Our defense is playing pretty well, there are still some players learning positions and missing tackles. However, we are starting to move to the ball better and usually have another player in position to make a play.

The question is...does Boone have a passing attack? If they come in one dimensional, West will beat them. It may be another 10 point win, but West will win. However, if Boone can spread the field, this may cause some trouble for West.

I know that Boone will be a tough opponent (big win over Greeneville), but they seem a little inconsistent (loss to Volunteer, whom Greeneville beat). So, I guess it is a question as to which Boone will be coming to Morristown?

All that being said, West wins by at least 10.

Yeah, East having their struggles offensively this year, but...still have to give West a lot of credit on completely shutting down the Hurricanes. I mentioned earlier they held the Canes to 92 rushing yards...if you add in their passing stats...95 total yards of offense. That won't be many teams, if any.

As far as officials...yeah, there is absolutely no truth to any of that. I do not have the total penalties in front of me, but we always get the final stats at the end of the night. The numbers were very close to each other. I think East fans are mainly upset with the two unsportsman-like penalties they got down on the goalline. That was instrumental in West's only touchdown drive.

I tend to agree with your observations. I think if Boone can only line up and run between the tackles, West will be able to win this one. However, I do know they have an oustanding tailback that occasionally lines up under center.

It will definitely be an interesting game.

I do not know if any MoEast fan is very interested in talking about West. I expected a little more offense from East myself given the speed that is on their team, but a one dimensional team is going to have problems unless they are so over powering the other team cannot stop them. East is not that overpowering and after watching the game, I believe they are missing Ramsey more than any of them will admit. Their defense is very good, but our offense is struggling. By that I mean, one game we look great -- no one can stop us, and the next we look befuddled, we do not need anyone to stop us, we will do it ourselves. Our defense is playing pretty well, there are still some players learning positions and missing tackles. However, we are starting to move to the ball better and usually have another player in position to make a play.

The question is...does Boone have a passing attack? If they come in one dimensional, West will beat them. It may be another 10 point win, but West will win. However, if Boone can spread the field, this may cause some trouble for West.

I know that Boone will be a tough opponent (big win over Greeneville), but they seem a little inconsistent (loss to Volunteer, whom Greeneville beat). So, I guess it is a question as to which Boone will be coming to Morristown?

All that being said, West wins by at least 10.

I wish I knew an answer to that one myself. In the past Boone hasn't been able to throw the ball much, if any. This year (from what I have seen) the passing attack is decent, of course what i saw was aganist was central, and we all know what they do every season. I will say that we have an awesome reciever in Nick Jones none the less. Anyway I hope this is a good game, and Boone hasn't beaten Mo West since we entered the 5 Rivers. I hope this can change Friday night.

Boone doesn't throw well, yet their passing game as much as their running game beat GHS. Go figure. Boone has lost to 2 teams that GHS has beat, Sullivan South and Volunteer. So I think who beat who is out the window. If Boone beats West they are still in the hunt. If West wins, they are in the John Deere driver seat. I think Boone can run the ball and West has been soft up the middle. Due to the high expectations, injuries and some hype I don't think East is a good comparison point at this stage (East / West game). That can change, but not for this Friday. Good luck to both teams and no injuries.

I did not realize we kept them on their side of the field all night. I did notice their offense did not work, but thought they did a little better than that. As we were leaving we heard some East fans saying that West cheated and paid off the officials. I know that was an emotion talking, but was wondering if you had a record of the penalties for each team. It seemed fairly even at the end.

I'm sure its the same pitiful 5 Rivers officiating we've seen all season. Where are they getting these guys this season anyway? I must say at times they seem a bit one sided, but all in all the bad calls and missed calls seem to be going both ways. At least thats the way its been in Greeneville.

This game will go a long way in determining how the conference shakes out.

I know MoWest is better than originally predicted, but don't know many specifics. Maybe some of you MoEasters can clue us in as to what to expect....................

As a Cane fan I will say one thing. West better be glad they have Logan Wild as a QB. No running game to speak of and their defense is not really that strong. Kim and Houge are the two defensive stars and they both are safeties. The front four are very small except for #94 which doesn't play like he's 6'4" and 285( couldn't play at East ). Linebackers are pretty good and the corners so-so.