7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

One comment on the coaching. Do you think Coach King would let his 5'5" point guard drive the lane 4 times in a row when the game is on the line? He is to short, can't hit free throws so what is the point. We were within 7 with 2 1/2 mintues left in the game and we only got the ball to Alex once. Why would you not have a play that gets the ball to Paul or Alex? Can't understand Turnham continuing to let him do that.

i was wondering the same thing.

By the way there is like 300 cutters in TN

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One comment on the coaching. Do you think Coach King would let his 5'5" point guard drive the lane 4 times in a row when the game is on the line? He is to short, can't hit free throws so what is the point. We were within 7 with 2 1/2 mintues left in the game and we only got the ball to Alex once. Why would you not have a play that gets the ball to Paul or Alex? Can't understand Turnham continuing to let him do that.

Coaches cant control their players while they are on the floor. Your point guard is supposed to be your on floor coach, and make split second decisions. Apparently Turnham trusts his PG to make the right decisions or else he would not be in there. Driving the lane opens up shots for other players, such as Alex, why would you not penetrate? That would be like saying why does Shaq post up? Penetration is one of the best ways to get open shots for other players on your team friend.

i was wondering the same thing.

By the way there is like 300 cutters in TN

Out of those "300 Cutters" how many of them have Division I scholarships? Stop your hating...get over it !! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

here we go with the D-1 thing again lol..

I love the attention ignore me if u dont like what I say.

GO Oakland

Just stop your obvious jealousy...makes you look sad and pathetic!!! Go Siegel!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Out of those "300 Cutters" how many of them have Division I scholarships? Stop your hating...get over it !! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I think what he is saying is there are plenty of average height point guards who can shoot. Anyone Cutters size who is playing D-1 ball better be able to knock down a jumper, that is for sure. Cutter should do well at the next level, as long as he is able to have someone help carry the load like Kerry has done this year at Siegel. Cutter still has a lot of room for improvement, and hopefully will work on the areas of his game that are not as strong as some of his others.

Coaches cant control their players while they are on the floor. Your point guard is supposed to be your on floor coach, and make split second decisions. Apparently Turnham trusts his PG to make the right decisions or else he would not be in there. Driving the lane opens up shots for other players, such as Alex, why would you not penetrate? That would be like saying why does Shaq post up? Penetration is one of the best ways to get open shots for other players on your team friend.

It's hard to penetrate and dish to Alex when he has Epps at his chin the entire night. Also, if teams are going to continue playing Alex like this, I think he should play more one on one. He took Epps 1-on-1 a couple times tonight, ended up with 16 and only missed a couple shots.

It's hard to penetrate and dish to Alex when he has Epps at his chin the entire night. Also, if teams are going to continue playing Alex like this, I think he should play more one on one. He took Epps 1-on-1 a couple times tonight, ended up with 16 and only missed a couple shots.

how bout dajuans great games of late..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> .....i think he should win MVP....you have to be good if your picture is in the paper after every game

Looked pretty good tonight, and against warren county and blackman. But Kerry returning will help us out a TON

warren county..............blackman..............woooow thats impressive......but they will be fine when kerry gets back and they get back into rhythm.....there is too much talent to get shut down in the first round.........if they get back to the way they were playin about a month ago they can still make a run

how bout dajuans great games of late..... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> .....i think he should win MVP....you have to be good if your picture is in the paper after every game

Must be pretty good if a certain poster talks about him in a spiteful tone all the time as well.......................

Why would teams not play Alex with the in his face approach. The kid can stroke the 3 ball and besides him, there is no consistent threat to score.