Districts 7a and 8a

tiger#5

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I don't know anything about 8a this year, but looks like Pickett Co. should be the top team in 7a this year. They return all but one starter (albeit one of their best) but they still have jacob and t.c. This year depends mainly on how t.c. stays out of foul trouble this year. Their are no other big guys on this team. Clay Co. looks to be contending with Jackson Co. for 2nd. Clay Co. returns their main players, plus with the closing of Hermitage Springs School, they add the top scorer in 7a, Birdwell. Jackson Co. lost alot of their starters, but they were a deep team last year with alot of jrs. Don't know alot about the rest of the district, Clarkrange and Monterey look to battle for the fourth spot.

• 1 month later...

As far as Clarkrange goes I now right now they are playing without some football players which are key players. I also just heard the junior Clark is injured. Does anyone know what happened and how long he is out? I know he is a threat, and the team needs him. When someone hears something let me know and if anyone knows how they are doing tonight let me know I know WDEB is telling it but I'm out of range for that station. Thanks for an update.

pickett should do good if they play team ball. All you hear about is Jacob or T.C. what about the other players. Gibson and Logan do not get enough credit without them passing the ball what would your other two do,play two against five.It really upsets me that they always try to make one or two superstars and the others do not get any credit.I am a firm believer it takes 5 players to have a winning team.Sells ,Dowdy,and Brown do a good job of filling in the fifth spot.

Jackson County Beat Macon County Last night, they looked good. At first I didn't think they seemed to play well as a team, didn't seem to know each other very well. That will improve as the season goes on, and it improved as last nights game continued. By third quarter they meshed quite well. Strong Players, and like the girls team, they used the entire bench, right down to the Freshmen, who stepped up and played with the big boys. GREAT JOB Jordan and Drew. VERY IMPRESSIVE /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Jackson County Beat Macon County Last night, they looked good. At first I didn't think they seemed to play well as a team, didn't seem to know each other very well. That will improve as the season goes on, and it improved as last nights game continued. By third quarter they meshed quite well. Strong Players, and like the girls team, they used the entire bench, right down to the Freshmen, who stepped up and played with the big boys. GREAT JOB Jordan and Drew. VERY IMPRESSIVE /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

What was the final in that game?

Gordonsville played Ezell-Harding last night, and lost 69-65. GV played only 7 the whole game, two of those kids were freshman. The rest the team is still in football, actually 3 starters, with a couple bench players. I think once they get those boys back they could be pretty tough towards the end of the season. Ezell was at full strength I believe, so GV did a good job playing the way they did. Really great job Tigers. They got Goodpasture Thursday night. Good luck!!

As far as Clarkrange goes I now right now they are playing without some football players which are key players. I also just heard the junior Clark is injured. Does anyone know what happened and how long he is out? I know he is a threat, and the team needs him. When someone hears something let me know and if anyone knows how they are doing tonight let me know I know WDEB is telling it but I'm out of range for that station. Thanks for an update.

when did they start a footbal program???????

coach flynn made adjustments at halftime had trouble with halfcourt game started scoring in transition and JC prevailed on defence and quickness in second half to win 55-50 after being down 15 in first half