Notre Dame vs Bearden

chasanooga

Notre Dame traveled to Bearden tonight to play their last regular season game. ND starts out the game fairly well and play is very even throughout the first 15 minutes or so, then Bearden gets on the board when Amy Porter sends a nice cross to Ashley Howard who puts the ball it in the back of the net. Both teams are making lots of runs at each others defense as the teams go back and forth with multiple shots on goal. Caitlin Kelley for the Irish sends a ball from the 40 to about the 10 and Megan Dorris hits a beautiful shot across her body across the mouth of the goal to hit just inside the far post. The rest of the half is just as exciting as both teams offense look really in synch. It looks like a track meet and at this point one might feel that the team with the last possession will win the game.The teams go into half tied at 1-1. At the start of the second half is where the girls of Bearden (by the way it was senior night) come out and look like they were shot out of a cannon. They come out early and score 2 quick goals, one by Sam Turner and the other Amy Porter, with Porter's goal coming on a breakaway. Down 3-1, 10 minutes into the second half ND tried to right their ship and could not seem to slow down the speedy forwards of Bearden. Bearden then adds 2 more goals in the next 10 minutes with goals by Gianni Selli (sp?) and Jenny Gordon to go on to the win 5-1. Notre Dame tried to muster the same offense that they had going in the first half but to no avail. The speed shown by the Bearden forwards was truly outstanding as they were relentless in attacking the ND goal. Bearden certainly should be complimented for a great soccer complex and a great soccer program. They look poised to defend their state title in Chattanooga in November and I look forward to seeing Laura and the rest of their fans enjoying our fair city. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Notre Dame traveled to Bearden tonight to play their last regular season game. ND starts out the game fairly well and play is very even throughout the first 15 minutes or so, then Bearden gets on the board when Amy Porter sends a nice cross to Ashley Howard who puts the ball it in the back of the net. Both teams are making lots of runs at each others defense as the teams go back and forth with multiple shots on goal. Caitlin Kelle for the Irish sends a ball from the 40 to about the 10 and Megan Dorris hits a beautiful shot across her body across the mouth of the goal to hit just inside the far post. The rest of the half is just as exciting as both teams offense look really in synch. It looks like a track meet and at this point one might feel that the team with the last possesion will win the game.The teams go into half tied at 1-1. At the start of the second half is where the girls of Bearden (by the way it was senior night) come out and look like they were shot out of a cannon. They come out early and score 2 quick goals, one by Sam Turner and the other Amy Porter, with Porter's goal coming on a breakaway. Down 3-1, 10 minutes into the second half ND tried to right their ship and could not seem to slow down the speedy forwards of Bearden. Bearden then adds 2 more goals in the next 10 minutes with golas by Gianni Selli (sp?) and Jenny Gordon to go on to the win 5-1. Notre Dame tried to muster the same offense that they had going in the first half but to no avail. The speed shown by the Bearden forwards was truly outstanding as they were relentless in attacking the ND goal. Bearden certainly should be complimented for a great soccer complex and a great soccer program. They look poised to defend their state title in Chattanooga in November and I look forward to seeing Laura and the rest of their fans enjoying our fair city. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Good Post. I like posts that provide some real analysis and give real information of a game and not just the typcical you stink we had injuries or we would have won comments. good job on this one.

Was ND's starting keeper in goal? She and her backup did a great job in their game against us, but I'd heard that what we thought was a cramp that sidelined her in our game was actually a knee injury. The Irish are so deep, it probably won't matter. I was just wondering. Our GK is recovering from the pounding her hands took in that game btw. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Good Post. I like posts that provide some real analysis and give real information of a game and not just the typcical you stink we had injuries or we would have won comments. good job on this one.

I agree with this kind of posting, all factual, informative, and positive. We (Father Ryan Irish) had the opportunity to play Bearden early in the season and ND last year early and believe they have great programs and are valuable to the reputation of Tennessee Soccer. keep the positives coming!

Was ND's starting keeper in goal? She and her backup did a great job in their game against us, but I'd heard that what we thought was a cramp that sidelined her in our game was actually a knee injury. The Irish are so deep, it probably won't matter. I was just wondering. Our GK is recovering from the pounding her hands took in that game btw. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

ND's starting goalie is done for the season, torn ACL/MCL. Therefore, our starting goalie against Bearden was the one who finished the Ooltewah game. Bearden was her first varsity start in goalie. Her backup was a Freshman who played a little goalie in middle school. We are deep, but even with our depth, we were hurting numbers wise against Bearden. No excuses though, we got beat badly. Hopefully, we will bounce back in time for districts starting Tuesday.