SMYRNA VS LAVERGNE

82cat

siegel has a very good defensive front however they have no where near the talent and more importantly overall speed smyrna has (#6 for them is a beast though).

I will assure you whatever rush siegel got on him it will be no where as quick as what smyrna will bring

Smyrna does not want the wr's for lavergne to get their hands on the ball.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by the way if you want to know why smyrna gets so pumped for this game? well its because they have to hear smack from lavergne fans all year long such as

from lavergne supporter shay 64:

Well, well, well.....this proves my point that even a blind squirrel can find a nut as did Smyrna when they won the State Championship!!

Smyrna, you had you're moment to shine but it's all over now. I'll be sure and blink when I drive by the school...that championship sign is awfully little!!!

THe Gray/Wilks show can't last forever, other team members have GOT to step up! BA will be all over the "show" boys and I can't see Smyrna recovering from that. I'm more interested in next weeks game...how two losses will affect the rest of their season games and their morale....

from nr grizzlies:

"Coach - Will Hester - LHS

RB - Randall Tillery - LHS (worth a mention also: Majors at Wilson Cntrl/Hastings at Lebanon)

QB - Daily Sallis - the "other" LHS (Lebanon) - after all, they still haven't lost in the region

Linemen - most of Riverdale's/Mike Bryant (Lavergne)/Adam Somebody (the big guy at Blackman)/M Hughes (siegel)/the 2 biggest OL guys at Lebanon #68, #70

WR - Chris Gray/Rod Wilks

DB's - Bather, Gardner and Patton (lavergne), Harper (Siegel)

LB's - The guy at Wilson Central with the outrageous number of tackles, all those tall rangey LB's from Lebanon, too many other good ones in the region to name them all

other honorable mentions: Maurecio Wallace (Blackman) / Sonny Gray (Smyrna) :"

wow one player from smyrna and sonny as honorable mention and yet he wants to act like lavergne is a big under dog when he clearly believes they have the best. Sorry but you can't have it both ways.

Sure, I can have any way I want. At the time of the post (conveniently not listed)...Lebanon was still unbeaten in the region (the reason for the shout out for Sallis over any other qb at the time) and Lavergne at the time had one loss by one point to Lebanon.

The matchup in this game really isn't so bad for Lavergne. They have enough DB's (finally) to keep up with Sonny's targets and less depth and experience at RB (for SHS) than last year or year before.

I can see where this game could go either way.

Smyrna might be a favorite going in but not a "prohibitive" favorite.

Are you saying Lavergne has no shot at all in this game?

If you feel that way, it really is ok to say it.

Sure, I can have any way I want. At the time of the post (conveniently not listed)...Lebanon was still unbeaten in the region (the reason for the shout out for Sallis over any other qb at the time) and Lavergne at the time had one loss by one point to Lebanon.

The matchup in this game really isn't so bad for Lavergne. They have enough DB's (finally) to keep up with Sonny's targets and less depth and experience at RB (for SHS) than last year or year before.

'

I can see where this game could go either way.'

Smyrna might be a favorite going in but not a "prohibitive" favorite.

Are you saying Lavergne has no shot at all in this game?

If you feel that way, it really is ok to say it.

funny how you blow lavergne up all year and then start to back down come game week.

lavergnes all that with all stars at every position and then come smyrna week you suddenly start playing the we are under dogs game

which is it is lavergne as good as you say or not?

Ive made it clear how I feel becuase I have seen every game in the series and know despite smyrnas dominance in the win column most of these games are very close. If Rashad Howse doesn't fumble lavergne wins 2 years in a row etc etc

Thats whats mind boggling to me is smyrna comes in expecting a huge tough game and lavergne is told every year how great they are and this will be the year they dominate smyrna.

I expect Smyrna to win this game absolutely and have no trouble saying that while you on one hand proclaim allstars galore but when it comes time for the game the best you can do is

"I can see where this game could go either way."

by the way if you want to know why smyrna gets so pumped for this game? well its because they have to hear smack from lavergne fans all year long such as

from lavergne supporter shay 64:

Well, well, well.....this proves my point that even a blind squirrel can find a nut as did Smyrna when they won the State Championship!!

Smyrna, you had you're moment to shine but it's all over now. I'll be sure and blink when I drive by the school...that championship sign is awfully little!!!

THe Gray/Wilks show can't last forever, other team members have GOT to step up! BA will be all over the "show" boys and I can't see Smyrna recovering from that. I'm more interested in next weeks game...how two losses will affect the rest of their season games and their morale....

from nr grizzlies:

"Coach - Will Hester - LHS

RB - Randall Tillery - LHS (worth a mention also: Majors at Wilson Cntrl/Hastings at Lebanon)

QB - Daily Sallis - the "other" LHS (Lebanon) - after all, they still haven't lost in the region

Linemen - most of Riverdale's/Mike Bryant (Lavergne)/Adam Somebody (the big guy at Blackman)/M Hughes (siegel)/the 2 biggest OL guys at Lebanon #68, #70

WR - Chris Gray/Rod Wilks

DB's - Bather, Gardner and Patton (lavergne), Harper (Siegel)

LB's - The guy at Wilson Central with the outrageous number of tackles, all those tall rangey LB's from Lebanon, too many other good ones in the region to name them all

other honorable mentions: Maurecio Wallace (Blackman) / Sonny Gray (Smyrna) :"

wow one player from smyrna and sonny as honorable mention and yet he wants to act like lavergne is a big under dog when he clearly believes they have the best. Sorry but you can't have it both ways.

Way to go Cat. Lavergne is just like Vanderbilt, they don't know how to handle a little success.

Smyrna has proven that it is the team to beat. We are defending State Champions.

if smyrna is the team to beat, that aint saying much for football in this state or in our region matter of fact. they have been a dissapointment to everyone. only thing smyrna has proven are they are "the team that has been beat." riverdale and wilson central are the teams to be beat considering they are 7-0

82cat you really need to get out of the house sometime,i just spent way to much of mine time reading everything you have to say, just keep it simple.... you keep saying things about the DNJ having the players from lavergne listed as this or that it just seems to me this hurts your feelings alittle bit, not enough smyrna players on the list i guess. every one would agree that sonny to rod is better than crocker to gray,but lavergne is deeper than smyrna at the receiver spot.sonny understands the game so much better than crocker does at this time an does not put his defence in bad field postion. the williams kid has a little more skill an poise at the QB postion, which is why i would start williams at QB an put Q has my safety an save the williams kid from playing both ways . YOU MUST HAVE A LEADER AT THE QB POSTION .................. WERE ARE THEY NOW,THE YEAR SMYRNA PLAYED UNA IN THE MID STATE CCC GAME AT EZELL.LET ME HEAR THE NAME ,SCHOOL,PLAYING, PLAYING AT THE NEXT LEVEL.................