SMYRNA VS LAVERGNE

82cat

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

82cat you really need to get out of the house sometime,i just spent way to much of mine time reading everything you have to say, just keep it simple.... you keep saying things about the DNJ having the players from lavergne listed as this or that it just seems to me this hurts your feelings alittle bit, not enough smyrna players on the list i guess. every one would agree that sonny to rod is better than crocker to gray,but lavergne is deeper than smyrna at the receiver spot.sonny understands the game so much better than crocker does at this time an does not put his defence in bad field postion. the williams kid has a little more skill an poise at the QB postion, which is why i would start williams at QB an put Q has my safety an save the williams kid from playing both ways . YOU MUST HAVE A LEADER AT THE QB POSTION .................. WERE ARE THEY NOW,THE YEAR SMYRNA PLAYED UNA IN THE MID STATE CCC GAME AT EZELL.LET ME HEAR THE NAME ,SCHOOL,PLAYING, PLAYING AT THE NEXT LEVEL.................

you need to read slower /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

my point isn't no smyrna players listed but rather the dnj and nrgrizzlie had virtually every position as all lavergne

yet

the week of the smyrna lavergne game nrgrizzlie starts all this lavergne as under dogs.

you can't have it both ways

I can't have it both ways?

Sure I can. I can give reasons in THIS thread why Smyrna could be favored (as in: the way LHS played at Siegel the other night)...

but I could turn around and take LHS in the region 4 pickem' thread.

Ticks you off to do that, doesn't it?? GOOD!!!

(plus, your attempts to bait people into trash-talking and posting "bulletin-board material" will be futile - but it does reflect badly on YOU)

I can't have it both ways?

Sure I can. I can give reasons in THIS thread why Smyrna could be favored (as in: the way LHS played at Siegel the other night)...

but I could turn around and take LHS in the region 4 pickem' thread.

Ticks you off to do that, doesn't it?? GOOD!!!

(plus, your attempts to bait people into trash-talking and posting "bulletin-board material" will be futile - but it does reflect badly on YOU)

You must be joking

You think Smyrna needs bulletin board material to get ready for the biggest game of the year gainst the best region team they have played (thats right I think lavergne is better than lebanon) and there biggest rival.

I think the record reflects smyrna does a pretty good job preparing for this game.

My response was in addressing you trying to compare this game to usc vs stanford (a 41 point under dog) when you had your self noted all the talent lavergne has at every position. That is why I say you cant be an all star team and a 41 point under dog.Obviously anyone could give reasons why either team would win.

I am suprised you would go out on a limb and pick lavergne in the region 4 pick em since that might be the key that gets smyrna fired up /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I will tell you I have enjoyed the discussion becuase it has been pretty boring on here.

But in the end none of this will matter the team that executes will win.

you need to read slower /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

my point isn't no smyrna players listed but rather the dnj and nrgrizzlie had virtually every position as all lavergne

yet

the week of the smyrna lavergne game nrgrizzlie starts all this lavergne as under dogs.

you can't have it both ways

I WENT BACK AN WENT SLLOOWWEERRRRR, IT WAS THE SAME.the fact his lavergne as the talent to compete with smyrna this year but still the underdog(no pun intended). the crocker kid is not ready to handle the different looks that smyrna will use. the siegle game showed this. he has made to many mistakes that can an will get you beat in these types of games. i dont want to be hard on the kid but that comes with being the QB. i just think the williams kid can handle things on the field better an put the ball in the hands of the WR,this is a game that the lavergne QB is going to have to use his head an legs to keep getting first downs an not always go for bomb. to the lavergne players that are getting looked at,just remember there is no need to take your helment off an sling it on the ground if your not happy your not 8 years old. not really the cool thing to do!

LaVergne isn't man enough to beat Smyrna, end of story. And the worst part about it is that at the skill positions, LaVergne has more personnel, but the personnel isn't necessarily better. There is a difference!!! Sonny, Rod, and Bryson will be the three best players on the field, with Chris Gray being the one guy LaVergne has that can crack the Top 5. That loss last week was just another illustration of why LaVergne is, once again, a very talented pretender. Both of their losses have been baffling, to say the least. They should move the ball with ease against anyone they play, but they lose their discipline and focus. I went out to Siegel expecting to see a well-oiled machine, and saw a clunker. Crocker still has young QB syndrome. He makes one great throw and then makes one that makes you scratch your head. And to be honest, whoever calls their plays loses me at times and does nothing to help Michael. The last three plays before the FG attempt against Lebanon will live in infamy when they are playing in a bowl game and not the playoffs. And this game, with their below average run defense, is a recipe for disaster because Bryson can flat out run the rock and the Bulldogs will make them pay. Gray and Tillery will make some plays, but Smyrna is just way too good at the fundamentals of football. The Iso lead play will get about 5 yards every play against the Rines.

Smyrna 28

LaVergne 17

all the talk is pointless all the top region teams play each other

however just because smyrna has lost 2 games by a total of 7 points I would not count them out

spear you should know better than anybody that a smyrna team with 2 losses is still dangerrous /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

not only will all the top region teams play each other but there is an excellent chance they will all have to do it again in a couple weeks in the playoffs.

so even for the teams that win friday I wouldn't get to jacked up because you will probably have to beat one of the same teams again in a couple weeks.

Riverdale though is region king and they are hands down the team to beat in the region until proven other wise

I have heard LaVergne say wait until next year for the last 6 years. Well guess what it IS next year. Smyrna made a big deal of "I Believe" last year when they got R'dale in the playoffs, now what I am wondering is does LaVergne 'Believe' they can take Smyrna?

Like a man once said it is now either put up or shut up time as this is the one time they have a legitimate shot at beating Smyrna.

As to Siegel making it in........... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LaVergne HAS to concentrate this week to win. Your taking last nights game for granted cost you like it did to R'dale last year in the playoffs.

Now as to which team I am pulling for............RIVERDALE! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

they lost to us in the playoffs last year