SMYRNA VS LAVERGNE

82cat

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the 'source' pick WC to be way down this year also! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

the "source" lol did not return their survey to the guru, wc certainly flew into the regular season under alot of peoples rader although like lavergne, smyrna, and riverdale all three of these teams have still gotta play each other "probably the best four teams in region 4" ought to be interesting these last three weeks of play

LaVergne is not ready to win. I just don't think they are tough enough to win against a championship level squad like Smyrna. Sonny will not make mistakes, Bryson will get over 120 yards, Rod will make two huge plays, and the Bulldogs will win 28-17. I look for Crocker to have a decent game and Gray to find paydirt once, but I think their lack of an ability to pound the ball inside the redzone will kill the Wolverines. Too spread dependant. The teams that have had success against Smyrna run right at them. LaVergne probably hasn't taken five snaps under center all year and they aren't going to I-Formation and run downhill. Tillery is a good back, but everything is zone run and bounce plays, which plays into the Dawgs undersized, but fast defense.

THE TIME IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!! I will say this game will not be won or lost by any single player no matter want happens during the course of the game. both teams will make plays as miss some thats why we play the game. both teams should be up for this game an mistakes will happen , remember this is a game of inches. Both teams have great leaders an i hope they can keep everybody focused on just playing the next play.THIS WILL BE A TEAM WIN OR A T EAM LOST!!!!! LAVERGNE 26 SMYRNA 21

this is the 2nd time where the lavergne kids played their guts out but coaching has cost them the game. lebanon & smyrna were both winable games. did not see the siegal game, dont know what happened there. this ends their chance of going to the playoffs this season. last year the lebanon game was the same deal. i just dont get it.

Both teams played really hard.

Good sportsmanship at the end of the game by players from both teams.

I do have to mention an unfortunate event - one smyrna fan (for no reason that I know of) went down on the field and cussed out one of LaVergne's best players after the game. Unprovoked.

No excuse for that and obviously that particular "fan" doesn't represent sports fans in our area.

btw...it turns out that my prediction of "could go either way" may have been the most accurate of all the prognostication that went on all week here. (even though my offical vote on Reg.4-pickem was LHS)

anyone that saw the game just witnessed a typical smyrna vs lavergne game

hard fought game no gloating here because it would diminish lavergnes effort

lavergne has some great skill players #87 made a unbelieveable catch in the end zone. He is a player

hard to believe a team this talented will not be in the playoffs based on my calculation with 3 teams all holding the tie breaker over lavergne.

but once again this is a game that will go in the lavergne should have won it column. Sonny played the worst game of his career and bryson was hurt in the first half. smyrna also once again had virtually no lbs left

craig - did not dress

carr - injured 1st half did not return

meadows - was out for a series or 2

we had guys out there I dont even know who they were?

but in the end while lavergnes offense can move the ball between the 20's they just cant finish drives.

smyrna 3 scores 2 tds 1 fg (2 missed pat)

lavergne 2 scores 2 tds (1 misse pat)

smyrna did what it had to do to win and assure a playoff spot. I can assure a lot of teams would not have beaten lavergne tonight and a lot of what smyrna struggled with was in direct correlation to lavergnes execution.

the missed fg with 4 seconds was not the biggest play in the game smrynas int and subsequent td was the difference

As for fans saying things to players that is absolutely un called for and what I saw after the game was the exact opposite however it goes both ways I walked with the team from the dressing room to and from the field at the beggining of the game and halftime and there were several folks along that path that had a few choice words for smyrnas players.

but it was to good a game to tarnish with a few idiots on either side

it may have been an ugly win but just like golf theres no where on the score card to describe it just a place for the score