McMinn vs. William Blount

jethro

Here's my take on it.

McMinn must win to even have a chance to get in the playoffs. By virtue of the tie-breaker, they cannot afford another loss. I show them fighting for the 4th spot (and losing to Ooltewah by the tie-breaker) if WB wins. They're backs are to the wall.

WB needs this game bad. With one region loss, and weaker opponents remaining, only McMinn can spoil the party. With a little help from Ooltewah or Oak Ridge over Farragut, we can take over the number 1 slot in the region and enjoy home-field advantage during the playoffs for as long as we win.

This one is going to be held at probably the nicest stadium we play at .... McMinn.

Predictions?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take on it.

McMinn must win to even have a chance to get in the playoffs. By virtue of the tie-breaker, they cannot afford another loss. I show them fighting for the 4th spot (and losing to Ooltewah by the tie-breaker) if WB wins. They're backs are to the wall.

WB needs this game bad. With one region loss, and weaker opponents remaining, only McMinn can spoil the party. With a little help from Ooltewah or Oak Ridge over Farragut, we can take over the number 1 slot in the region and enjoy home-field advantage during the playoffs for as long as we win.

This one is going to be held at probably the nicest stadium we play at .... McMinn.

Predictions?

tservice you are wrong in your post.....yes McMinn needs this game to keep their destinity in their hands but they can still qualify for the playoffs with a loss and you ask how.....by Ooltewah and Oak Ridge beating Farragut which is a real possibility especially seeing that Farragut has to travel to Ooltewah....

I think McMInn has a chance in this one but I will save that for later.....

Thanks for the nice comment about Cherokee Stadium.....this should be a good one!!

How about those KENTUCKY WILDCATS!!!!!!!!

GO TRIBE!!!!

ok well here is my take on it. i know that mcminn has struggled in the past but they are an up an coming football team. no doubt about it. i know that they play very phisical football. however, if wb has the performance on defense that it has had all year(excluding the farragut game) then i pick the i will have to go with the govs. and yes tservies mcminn has a beautiful complex to play on friday nights.... go govs.

tservice you are wrong in your post.....yes McMinn needs this game to keep their destinity in their hands but they can still qualify for the playoffs with a loss and you ask how.....by Ooltewah and Oak Ridge beating Farragut which is a real possibility especially seeing that Farragut has to travel to Ooltewah....

I think McMInn has a chance in this one but I will save that for later.....

Thanks for the nice comment about Cherokee Stadium.....this should be a good one!!

How about those KENTUCKY WILDCATS!!!!!!!!

GO TRIBE!!!!

Tribefan, you are correct, McMinn can back into the playoffs, even if they lose to WB. I wouldn't put money on it, though. Farragut won't lose to both OR and Ooltewah unless Sterling goes out. In fact, I doubt if Farragut has any more losses. Thanks for giving them the one! Our game came down to a 2-point conversion (excellent call by Coach Meadows, BTW) that failed. Had it worked, they would have had two losses and WB would be alone atop 5A.

BTW, I think McMinn has a chance in this one too. Ask WBGrad who frequents these boards, we've both said that McMinn is the scariest game we play. McMinn has played spoiler for the last few years. It depends upon which team shows up.... the one that beat Farragut or the one that lost to OR.

I do think that our defense will keep McMinn from putting a lot of points on the board. We've shutout Sevier Co and Ooltewah this year. Held Kingsport DB to a few scores. Held Maryville to 3 points until the third quarter, and basically gave OR their 10 points due to special team miscues. Only Farragut lit up the boards on us, and it came down to the final drive. If our typical defense shows up, we will be stingy with points.

Offensively, our Oak Ridge outing was one of our worst. Lots of turnovers. That was a fluke and not par for the course.

My prediction ... WB by 10.

WB is a little banged up but I guess everyone is by this time of year.. Hows the injury situation at McMinn??? I think this game will be about turnovers and mistakes, (I guess most of them are.... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ) " THE TEAM THAT MAKES THE FEWEST MISTAKES WILL WIN".... Ditto about the stadium.. Is the horse still there ????

Here's my take on it.

Predictions?

I thought Region 1-5A had the homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.