Red Bank @ Rhea County

MRSTUD

My football crew worked a Rhea County game this year. It doesn't matter which game it was though. For everybody that is having bad comments about Coach Fitzgerald and this year's team, I was pleasanty surprised with the way the game went. 20 yrs ago, i thought the only thing that mattered was winning. In the time I've been out of high school I have coached and now I have the pleasure of working with one of the best football referees in the state. There are definitely things much more important than simply wins and losses. When we had Rhea County's game, there was no doubt when we left that Coach Fitzgerald had the team that showed the best sportsmanship we have seen in many yrs. The players helped always held their hand out to help an opposing player off the ground. The sportsmanship then was seen on both teams. No profanity at all by anybody on the field!!! Winning will come with time, but it appears he is coaching players that he hopes one day will become fine men. When we left our game, we made sure that Coach Fitzgerald knew how the officiating crew felt about his players and although they didn't win he should still be proud of them. Nice job coach!

Great post. That is one of the first things that is taught to the freshmen is to have good sportmanship and discipline. Don't talk back, and help up the players on the ground. The coaches do a great job in teaching our players that.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post. That is one of the first things that is taught to the freshmen is to have good sportmanship and discipline. Don't talk back, and help up the players on the ground. The coaches do a great job in teaching our players that.

I got a question. I would not know how the kids here are as far as sportsmanship or what they are tought as freshmen but do you go to the practices? have you been there when they are getting coached? of are you just talking big?

I got a question. I would not know how the kids here are as far as sportsmanship or what they are tought as freshmen but do you go to the practices? have you been there when they are getting coached? of are you just talking big?

Yes I actually go to the practices and watch. I was there all but one day in the spring and yes I was on the practice field with the coaches. During the summer since I work alot I would come in about the time they get done stretching. The fall gets alittle harder from week to week to be there because of class. Like last week I was able to be there monday and tuesday the whole time since I was on fall break. I think I will be there next Thursday too since I don't have class that day. Of course I'm down at the field house on fridays for the game before and after. And speaking of that is where I'm heading after I get off here.

I do alot of stuff for this team I film like last week and times before when Mr. Barger is not able to, I help the radio team, I have ran the chains in freshmen games, and even this year got to chart since coach O was not there.

Ask Ryne Anderson, ask Ryan Smith, ask Moffet, ask Coxey, ask all the coaches, ask even some of the sophomores. If you don't believe me.

Yes I actually go to the practices and watch. I was there all but one day in the spring and yes I was on the practice field with the coaches. During the summer since I work alot I would come in about the time they get done stretching. The fall gets alittle harder from week to week to be there because of class. Like last week I was able to be there monday and tuesday the whole time since I was on fall break. I think I will be there next Thursday too since I don't have class that day. Of course I'm down at the field house on fridays for the game before and after. And speaking of that is where I'm heading after I get off here.

I do alot of stuff for this team I film like last week and times before when Mr. Barger is not able to, I help the radio team, I have ran the chains in freshmen games, and even this year got to chart since coach O was not there.

Ask Ryne Anderson, ask Ryan Smith, ask Moffet, ask Coxey, ask all the coaches, ask even some of the sophomores. If you don't believe me.

I can tell you right now he goes to all the practices that he can, if he could come to more he would.