Science Hill @ Campbell CO.

FTBMAN

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL....I'm sure they are against other jv talent and I hope that you get your chance to tell us that you told us so next year.

I have seen the JV play and they do look like they will turn out to be a good team and alot of them get playing time on varsity level football. If im not mistaken a JV player was nominated player of the week at varsity level.

I know a lot of players read these posts and I know everyone is frustrated. But, we can finish strong guys if we focus at the task at hand and that is defeating Campbell County.

We can do it! Regardless of what everyone is saying we still need to beat the man in front of us! So lets get it done!

GO TEAM!

P.S. Is the Campbell County stadium on the school campus at 150 Cougar Ln?

I have seen the JV play and they do look like they will turn out to be a good team and alot of them get playing time on varsity level football. If im not mistaken a JV player was nominated player of the week at varsity level.

What is the SH JV record? Did this team lose to the Elizabethton JV team?

Yeah, there is a huge difference from what I would like to see and expect to see. I'm hoping that the game this week is the focus of the team. There are some really good kids hurting right now because they never imagined being where they are right now and they are ready to come out fighting. The problem is that football is a team sport and everyone involved with the team need to have the same attitude. The lack of support in the community is already showing at the last home game. I'll be at Friday's game shouting and yelling like I am at every game, I know it's a long trip but I encourage everyone that is making the trip to fill up their vehicles with as many people possible and show the kids that they are still have some support. I'm pretty sure the band won't be there and they are more of a nusance anyways.

The honeymoon is over!

Gilligan has underestimated the talent, coaching, and football culture in NET. If he is as good as JC School Board leadership thinks he is, he will learn from this and not repeat his mistake next year. It is awfully hard to correct a conceptual error like that in mid season. Therefore, they are probably destined to finish out 2-1 with a significant thumping at the end of the year by D-B. Maybe they will make the playoffs and lose an opening round game. No real disgrace in that as R-II 5A is very strong at the top. His offensive system will need a QB pipeline which will need to be built up over several years. If people will be patient, he will do that. As far as conditioning and two platooning, I will defer to others. I did see a tape of the South game and that was a factor; by this point in the season it should not be.

LOL....I'm sure they are against other jv talent and I hope that you get your chance to tell us that you told us so next year.

I'll be around, will you? The JV talent they face this year will be the varsity talent that they face next year and the freshman are facing freshman talent that will be JV talent next year, kind of like the circle of life. I for one want to see the program continue to develop and I make no apologies if I see some upcoming talent in the younger groups and post about it. Be objective, go to some of the other games and see for yourself.

I'll be around, will you? The JV talent they face this year will be the varsity talent that they face next year and the freshman are facing freshman talent that will be JV talent next year, kind of like the circle of life. I for one want to see the program continue to develop and I make no apologies if I see some upcoming talent in the younger groups and post about it. Be objective, go to some of the other games and see for yourself.

I doubt it. I try to be objective and this is not my first time around. The jump for lineman from jv to Varsity is huge. IF they were beating out the varsity lineman, I'm sure they would be on the field.

right now the hilltoppers are 3-4.....if they win 2/3 games they will be almost the same as last year.....if that happens what will happen to smith

Don't come asking silly questions. the time table is 8 years and Smith is off to a better start than the last coach. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />