Knoxville Catholic vs Fulton

Professor_Falkon

Hey Road,

(not that my opinion matters, but...) Thanks for the observation. I totally agree. No matter the teams, let the kids play ball. Both ways, especially when teams are getting to this point in the season. Who can coach? Who can play? Let it be decided on the playing field. Thanks again.

always going back to the refs gotta blame something on them, the past two games for catholic have been won by the refs if you talk to the fans on the opposing teams...give it a rest

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I said that Fulton probably would not have won the game anyways, but that particular drive, and anybody who saw the game on CSS knows what I'm talking about, it was poorly officiated. Those were horrible pass interference calls and that ball was a fumble. Packer and Todd Kelly are unbiased opinions and were going nuts over those calls, watch on On Demand. Packer says when Catholic scores, "Score one for Catholic, score one for the refs". I didn't say that, Mark Packer did. And last year, that "incomplete pass" was a TERRIBLE call, anybody watching the game on CSS knows that as well. Give it a rest? Give what a rest? Man, me and my '07 teammates didn't need any help to win three State titles in four years. When I was getting that 3rd ring last March and putting it on my finger, I could have cared less about that regular season game. Don't come on here and make it sound like Fulton is a bunch of whiners. I'm perfectly content with my bling and don't need to give anything a rest.

Ruse ---- I will have to disagree with the passinterference calls on the 2nd TD drive for Catholic .. and the ball was definately fumbled and recoved by Fulton ... does Fulton win the game with Bubba Stokes going out in the 1st Qtr ..probably not ... KC won the line of scrimmage but they didnt in the first Qtr which could give Falcons some confidence if there is a next meeting ... after Falcons got behind and had to throw downfield then it was trouble for Falcon OL ... maybe a few more screens and undernead passes may slow down some of that rush .. Blair definatetly cant stand back there and look around .. quick stuff .... the slant worked good too ..Falcons shot themselves in foot with too many down and distance penalties .... Falcons had 3 or 4 recievers runnig open and the pass needed just alottle more air underneath it ... but hey KC made the two long pass plays and falocns missed their opportunity ..maybe they make those plays if there is a next time ... I dont know how bad Stokes is hurt but he had no range of motion Friday night .. he was putting weight on it some so I doubt any ligamant damage .. hyperextenstion it looked like ... he will probably be out for a few weeks .. I would look for him out for the rest of regular season and 1st playoff game ... he was palying well in 1st Qtr .. he stuck some guys in the middle and was running the ball very well ... but hey KC was missing Tait but IMO Stokes out was a bigger blow. I think the game could have easily been a single digit outcome if the ball or flag bounces different . There was a fumbled punt that could easily been picked up by Fulton and ran in too. KC is beatable IMO ... maybe they prove me wrong .... REMEMBER the TEAM that WON Regular season LOST playoff game the last 2 years in this game. hang in there Falcons and concentrate on AE and maybe just maybe you get that opportunity.

Ruse ---- I will have to disagree with the passinterference calls on the 2nd TD drive for Catholic .. and the ball was definately fumbled and recoved by Fulton ... does Fulton win the game with Bubba Stokes going out in the 1st Qtr ..probably not ... KC won the line of scrimmage but they didnt in the first Qtr which could give Falcons some confidence if there is a next meeting ... after Falcons got behind and had to throw downfield then it was trouble for Falcon OL ... maybe a few more screens and undernead passes may slow down some of that rush .. Blair definatetly cant stand back there and look around .. quick stuff .... the slant worked good too ..Falcons shot themselves in foot with too many down and distance penalties .... Falcons had 3 or 4 recievers runnig open and the pass needed just alottle more air underneath it ... but hey KC made the two long pass plays and falocns missed their opportunity ..maybe they make those plays if there is a next time ... I dont know how bad Stokes is hurt but he had no range of motion Friday night .. he was putting weight on it some so I doubt any ligamant damage .. hyperextenstion it looked like ... he will probably be out for a few weeks .. I would look for him out for the rest of regular season and 1st playoff game ... he was palying well in 1st Qtr .. he stuck some guys in the middle and was running the ball very well ... but hey KC was missing Tait but IMO Stokes out was a bigger blow. I think the game could have easily been a single digit outcome if the ball or flag bounces different . There was a fumbled punt that could easily been picked up by Fulton and ran in too. KC is beatable IMO ... maybe they prove me wrong .... REMEMBER the TEAM that WON Regular season LOST playoff game the last 2 years in this game. hang in there Falcons and concentrate on AE and maybe just maybe you get that opportunity.

Tadvols.

I don't disagree w/any of that. That fumble was a fumble. No doubt. It just did'nt cross my mind when I was writing a few days ago. It was a Big Play game, and what really surprised me was Catholic making the plays. Blair and Humphrey connected on the short/mid-range stuff, but Tyson, Vic Smith and Blair were just a hair off. I think Wilcox will get better, and I really like Cobb at FB anyway. I really hope Stokes gets better. Seems like a good kid, and a fearless player. I agree, it's a single digit game EITHER way if they play again. However, both should beware of the Turtle, errr AE. One other thing. Catholic has a lot more team speed that I thought they did. Take care.

ruse?