Knoxville Catholic vs Fulton

Professor_Falkon

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does everyone see this annual war stacking up?

Professor_Falcon.

I have not looked at it closely enough. Having said that, I'm not so sure the winner is Region Champ. For example, if Fulton beats Catholic, and then loses to AE, the tie breaker formulas would come into play. Given, that Catholic has already beaten AE. In some form or fashion, those three are in though, and the 4th spot should come down to the AC/Scott Co. game. AC has Stone, LA, and Scott. Scott has Catholic, and AC, I think. Kingston has Catholic, and AE yet, I believe.

Should be a great game though, and I am sure once Tadvols, Photoman, LeonardsLosers, 4mysister, Road2Three, IrishBball, Happyhour22 all get cranked up, it should be an interesting thread. Big Country, ZonePirate, LivingLegend, MineyHaole will also throw in, and then of course the "set up" agitators from other parties with a vested interest will stir the pot.

Now Professor_Falcon, was it last year that there was an Irsh flag or something like that placed in the middle of the Falcon down on Broadway? Who stirs the pot, Photoman?? BTW, did you rip your WallMart hose on homecoming night?/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ruse?

Professor_Falcon.

Now Professor_Falcon, was it last year that there was an Irsh flag or something like that placed in the middle of the Falcon down on Broadway? Who stirs the pot, Photoman?? BTW, did you rip your WallMart hose on homecoming night?/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ruse?

Yes I believe that was last year. I am certainly not an insider but. believe I also recall there was some speculation that the Fulton staff may have pulled off that "ruse" themselves as a motivation tool. Just speculation, I'm sure..

This is the game that both teams have been waiting for all season. Fulton has lost some key players from last year, but have proven themselves that they are still a great team. Catholic, IMO, is the same way. I believe this will be a great spectator game, and I believe it will be an extremely close game. I feel that Catholic will win on a touchdown that comes in the last five minutes or so. My prediction is Catholic-35 Fulton-28 Can't wait to see how this one plays out on friday.

I am not really familiar w/ KC but I have seen Fulton play several times and I know their athletic ability is always among the best in the state. I have heard that KC is very similar to DL as far as style, personel, and coaching. I am not really sure who I would pick to win this game but it is being televised this week so I will record it on my dvr if nothing else. GL to both teams.....

This is going to be game of the year in the KIL by far, both teams have found some new faces to make big plays and these two teams will battle till the end in ever ballgame they play. Fulton is a very up and down team in the beginning BUT****they always finish very strong, catholic is always great the whole season but their luck seems to run out when they need it most. The big keys to the game are how well does catholics defense play and for fulton how well does their QB play. Catholic has had a hard time rushing the ball here of late, and fulton has just been trucking, too early to make my pick but this is definently going to be a great game.

Yes I believe that was last year. I am certainly not an insider but. believe I also recall there was some speculation that the Fulton staff may have pulled off that "ruse" themselves as a motivation tool. Just speculation, I'm sure..

Professor_Falcon.

Way to come "wit" it. Now that I have read that, I do recall hearing on the radio broadcast that initially all fingers pointed to some kids doing it in the middle of the night; however, when it was found early that brisk morning, there was no dew upon the flag or mast. Double reverse psychology, or simply oooops? We'll never know.

ruse?

Ah, the old "planting of the flag routine"; I don't think that either team needs extra motivation for this game. Fulton bounced Catholic from the playoffs last year after losing to the Irish in the regular season. Catholic has been playing like a team on a mission this season; they haven't had a close call yet this season. Fulton seems to have gelled after losing to a pretty good Oak Ridge team early in the season. I don't see this game turning into a high scoring affair. I think that Catholic will win this game, but of course it will come to the last play. Catholic wins 17-14.

How does everyone see this annual war stacking up?

I may have to wait till a little later in the week to say ... Im concerned about Falcons to stop a running game between the tackles .. I think the Falcons have been physically taken to task by Kingston and Scott ... both those teams had some success running the ball .. Falcons speed won out and Im hoping it turns out that way Friday night but I know KC ' running game will be better than anybody Falcons have played aside from Oak Ridge .. Falcons must play assignment football and thats hard for a speed team to do .. it takes dicipline and concentration ..easier said than done .. on the other hand Falcons can come at KC with alot of weapons on the outside with Hump, Vic , Tyson and Jabril ... hopefully falcon OL can play better than they have in the run game than thye have the last couple games .. the pass blocking has been good for the most part but this defense for KC will be the best they have played .. I will give my prediction ..if I make one later ... Im thinking it will take the best effort so far this year to come out with a win .. neither team needs to get down if they loose though .. the past 2 years the team that won during the regular season lost in the playoffs .. this will make the 4th time out of the last 5 that the game has been played at KC. Falcons are 2-1 at KC and 0-1 at Fulton against KC ...