Knoxville Catholic vs Fulton

Professor_Falkon

Whoa.... if the players are half as fired up as the fans, this is going to be a heck of a game. I have seen both teams play on TV and Catholic looked like the better team. That said, ole Buck always has Fulton playing better as the season progresses. I expect a good clean(relatively) hard fought game. I hope and expect the fans will keep it clean(relatively) in the stands as well.

I predict: Catholic by 7 based on their advantage in the trenches, their home field advantage, and of course... the bagpipe lady.. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only Tuesday.... Will the bagpipe lady be playing "Amazing Grace" (as previously requested) for the protestant football fans? Are you going to charge a parking fee to park in the church lot? WWJD?

HAHA, Actually she played Amazing Grace a couple of weeks ago and it was great! I hope she does it again along with the other bagpipers that are going to be on hand. You only have to pay for parking if you park in front of the Priests' house.

Now for the game: This has the potential for another classic Fulton/Catholic clash of the big boys. Obviously the question for Fulton is up front. And for Catholic, I think it is "Don't get beat deep" and the Kicking game, cannot let Fulton return every kick or punt to the 30 yard line like the playoff game.

I heard there is going to be more than 1 bagpiper at the game friday. Maybe one in each corner of the endzone??? I can't wait to see "Jesus" play. Will Fulton still be going for the two-point conversion?

Jesus is only a 3 point kicker. Falcons will still be going for two.

Give me the Irish perspective.... What did Anderson County do that made it such a close game? Was it an off game for the Irish or was it just a discipline defense by Anderson County?

If you have a legitimate complaint about Catholic, I encourage you to submit it to the TSSAA. The fact that Catholic has not been investigation supports the fact that you guys are just making stuff up. The arguments, if you can call them that, against Catholic are quite similar to those against Brentwood Academy. "Everyone knows they do it" and "I know someone on scholarship". In both cases evidence is never provided. Can you do any better? Please show me some evidence.

The fact of the matter is that Catholic is not doing any cheating. For whatever reason, you hate Catholic, and if you actually had any legitimate evidence, you would have posted it long ago. Since you have not done so, it is quite clear that you are just making stuff up, and trying to tarnish Catholic's program. Unfortunately for you, the only people who will believe you are the stupid people, and they do not matter.

A mock conversation with you will show my point. I will label myself "M" and will label you "9", for reasons that should be obvious.

9: OMG! Catholic is cheating!!1

M: Really? How?

9: They are paying people!

M: Do you have any evidence?

9: No but every1 nose itz the truths!

M: That's not a legitimate argument

9: STFU! I'm gonna smoke teh crakz!

As this conversation shows, not only do you have no evidence, you also cannot spell and are addicted to crack cocaine.

My point to the other posters is this - are you really going to listen to a crack addict?

I spell much better than #9.

Jesus is only a 3 point kicker. Falcons will still be going for two.

Give me the Irish perspective.... What did Anderson County do that made it such a close game? Was it an off game for the Irish or was it just a discipline defense by Anderson County?

AC came ready to play! Seemed like AC's DE #88 was unblockable for some reason. I knew he was pretty good but KC made him look like an all-state caliber player. Also, had some trouble containing the QB early in the game. Overall, KC made adjustments and won by 2 td's.

Gridironguy: Please have a little class, your representing all of Knoxville Catholic, not just yourself!

AC played very well and Sharp (#88) is a beast. He's big and strong but also very quick and athletic for a guy his size. He's a good basketball player also. They were ready to play and committed to stopping the run. They ran very good offensive sets also. AE just got them down quick due to big plays and TOs.

Photoman: We look forward to seeing you guys on Friday. We have found it'd cheaper to charge for parking rather than passing the plate around at halftime. Our expenses are massive, you know we have to feed all these guys prime rib at lunch through the week. That's one of our biggest selling points in our recruiting! For the most part, we've got great fans (especially the students) that respect our opponents and will usually line the walkway to the locker room and applaud your team for a hard fought game win or lose. Don't worry about Gridiron Guy. He played too long without a helmet and may be dain bramaged /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Gridiron Guy. Are you off your meds? Breathe deeply and count to 100 before answering as a Catholic fan.

I'm not one to come to Catholic's defense, but when it comes to TSSAA rules, it's good to understand the difference between Div I and Div II rules. I don't claim to be an expert, but the basic starting point is that teams playing in Div II (private school division) such as Webb, Brentwood Academy, MBA, Father Ryan, Ensworth, etc. can offer kids scholarships to attend their school and play athletics at their school.

Private schools participating in Div I (Knox Catholic, CAK, DCA, etc.) can have kids that attend their school on scholarship but those kids cannot participate in athletics in any TSSAA sport. I personally know of kids attending these Div I private schools who would like to participate but are not allowed for the reason that they are getting tuition assistance. In addition, private schools playing in the public school division are subject to a "multiplier" when the TSSAA looks at their enrollment to determine which classification (A, 2A, 3A, etc.) they play in. Someone more knowledgeable can speak to this in greater detail.

Understand that Webb and Brentwood Academy are not held to the same standard as Catholic. Webb certainly has scholarship kids playing sports, which is perfectly legal in their division. I am not aware of one single instance of Catholic having kids receiving tuition assistance playing TSSAA sports. If you have proof, you should get a back bone and turn them in to the TSSAA. If you don't have proof, it's pathetic to act as if you "know" they are cheating.

By the way, you can send your kid to just about any public school in east TN even if you don't live in that area. You have to pay to attend and they won't offer you bus service, but you can send your kid there. Call Oak Ridge, Maryville, etc and check for yourself.

GovolsKnox has it about right on the whole "Private/Public" relative to scholarships. I am fan of coaches that are program builders. I don't have any grandchildren in school, let alone Fulton or Catholic. Having been around a while, I would suggest that Coatney and Pemberton are the kind of men that make the "right" decision on dozens of smaller issues each day by doing whatever the next right thing is. Those add up to pretty big successes.

When I first moved here Fulton was marginal at best, and Catholic was down on Magnolia Ave, and awful. In another life, I had had the opportunity to coach on both side of the tracks. About 10 yrs. at each. There were plenty of times that I picked up kids from Mamaw's house out of zone. PO Box in zone. Better I pick him up, than not. That action benefits all concerned. Fact. On the other side of the tracks, there were plenty of times someone wanted to pay for a kid that was not under their guardianship. Do it, and risk negatively impacting all the hard work that the kids had put forth, the reputation of the school, my name, my job. Nope. One usually need look no further than the character of the Head Coach to get a whiff of ill gotten gains. Not Coatney or Pemberton, IMO. They are, I am sure, very aggressive; however, outside the lines? No.

My guess is that there are parents of kids that go to Fulton that could afford to send their kid to Catholic, and choose not to. Some nice places down around St. Mary's. Conversely, there are parents of kids that go to Catholic that make significant financial sacrifice in order to make it happen. That is there choice. I have been to three of these games over the last two years. The fans seem to treat each other with dignity and respect. So too, do the staffs. But those that IMO really have demonstrated the most class given the accelerated and intense nature of this rivalry are the players. They flat out get after it. I thought the Fulton/Alcoa game last year was going to be the hardest hitting game that I would see last year. Fulton/Catholic reg. season was about even, but the playoff game was oustanding. Sure there was some jawing early, but not much after the 2nd series. That is usually a sign that everyone on the field is in a "all in, sell out" mode. Each team upon defeat managed it well, as did the winner. Let's remember that all these guys want to do is play ball against what will probably be the best team, and players that they will go against this yr. Let them have their time. They worked all year, and then some for it. We should respect that, and steer clear of the social commentary. How about some thoughts on the individual match-ups? Thanks.

ruse?

Both of these schools have outstanding programs they should be proud of them.

Who will win? The team that show up with their A game. Fulton will have to deal with the

bigger kids from Catholic and Catholic will have to deal with the speed of Fulton. Speed

kill but so does team football. By numbers from tssaa and Knox County both schools will

move up to 4A after next year so they will still be playing each other.

As for recruiting and cheating Catholic has no zone they do recruit from all over east tennessee

do they give aid to their player no and fulton also has player from all over east tennessee, all of

their players do not live in their zone. Catholic will win this one but look out in the play-offs.