Knoxville Catholic vs Fulton

Professor_Falkon

Forgive me for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong fultonfalcon2006, but here goes...(and yes gridironguy, I am referring to you...and no, gridironguy, this does not require a nasty response from you. Thank You.) I am deeply disturbed about comments previously made by people like this. They attack people personally, calling them terrible names, even suggesting people's suicides. I suggest that these forums have no place for these types of comments and really should be reported. Trash talk can be fun, of course, and hopefully that is what we are all doing. However, just because two people don't share the same opinion about a particular subject does NOT justify such remarks. Thanks for listening. Good Luck, Falcons!

oppressed238.

On the contrary. Glad you did. As you know, sometimes folks assume the identity of the opposition. You and I have both read this character's comments on other threads. They have served no purpose other than to incite. Whether that be the case or not, if this continues, this thread will be removed. Thanks.

ruse?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic has earned they're rep by

1) How they're fans have acted towards the Fulton faithful in the past

2) A bagpipe lady playing her stupid bagpipes after the controversial win for Catholic last year at Bob Black Field on the field while Fulton players walked off. Total disrespect, but she had to eat the stupid things later on!

3) Harrison Smith winning Mr. Football and that being an absolute joke, his numbers were not even close to D. Rogan's

4) Designing their State rings last year before the rematch between the Falcons. Too bad it had to stay a picture because they would have been nice. See, we got the real ones in the end.

5) Whether or not the flag staked in the falcon at our field was the coaches or Catholic students has never been completely determined, but it wouldn't surprise me.

6) Catholic's bunch coming to Fulton last Friday and the "We don't do pictures thing" is right on par with everything else I've heard from the Irish faithful before.

See, Fulton and AE have been rivals for a long time, but there is a sense of respect between the schools for each school's respective accomplishments in the past and for the rivalry. Both schools have earned this respect. Catholic has no respect for Fulton, so until they can win a State Title, I will show them NO respect.

Wow! The folks in East TN seem to only worry about the other East TN schools. The assumption is obviously if you beat each other, then surely you'll win the state. Got it.

SND

Wow! The folks in East TN seem to only worry about the other East TN schools. The assumption is obviously if you beat each other, then surely you'll win the state. Got it.

SND

No dog in this fight, but yes, I do. I think last year the Catholic vs. Fulton playoff game was the State Championship game in 3A. Did I miss something?

Catholic has earned they're rep by

1) How they're fans have acted towards the Fulton faithful in the past

2) A bagpipe lady playing her stupid bagpipes after the controversial win for Catholic last year at Bob Black Field on the field while Fulton players walked off. Total disrespect, but she had to eat the stupid things later on!

3) Harrison Smith winning Mr. Football and that being an absolute joke, his numbers were not even close to D. Rogan's

4) Designing their State rings last year before the rematch between the Falcons. Too bad it had to stay a picture because they would have been nice. See, we got the real ones in the end.

5) Whether or not the flag staked in the falcon at our field was the coaches or Catholic students has never been completely determined, but it wouldn't surprise me.

6) Catholic's bunch coming to Fulton last Friday and the "We don't do pictures thing" is right on par with everything else I've heard from the Irish faithful before.

See, Fulton and AE have been rivals for a long time, but there is a sense of respect between the schools for each school's respective accomplishments in the past and for the rivalry. Both schools have earned this respect. Catholic has no respect for Fulton, so until they can win a State Title, I will show them NO respect.

The bag pipe lady is an absolutly childish way of attacking a hard working program. People hate Catholic and other successful schools out of spite and resentment for that success. Those players who JOKED about no pictures were A) responding to being taunted and having things thrown at them in a light hearted manner were most likely making a HUMORUS reference to the way people would ask for pictures and autographs with Harrison ( who is still to this day their good friend). I must say from personal observation and not just affilation that Catholic's team is very well behaved and would never risk their PT by being blatantly rude. I have seen many other kids from other teams show up at Catholic games in their gear (austin east anderson county AND fulton) and I think that is fine and they need not be punished for checking out the competition , which they last time I checked was still legal by TSSAA rules ( because that seems to be a topic of concern )

You know what....I am very unintelligent because I'm going to college, getting it paid for because I made good grades in high school, and will be going to graduate school in a few years while majoring in Biology. Wow, you're just so much more intelligent than me /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . With that said...I agree with fultonfalcon2006 about getting back to football and would like to apologize for the no respect comment. Catholic was the BEST football team we've played the past two years and believe me, I have the upmost respect with how strong and physical they are. I just get a little wired up when it comes to this game because Catholic is one of the few teams that did beat us a couple of times and the games were all so emotional and there was so much at stake in the playoffs. Not to mention they beat us out of another title two years ago. Catholic is a good football team and it should be a great matchup. I hope Fulton pulls it out, but Blair will have to be on his game to do so and he has looked really good the past couple of weeks. I also think special teams will be a huge factor and Fulton may be able to get some points out of the return game. Again, my fault for getting too much off of football, but I do resent the crack baby, unintelligent comment. I have 3 tests this week and need positive reinforcement /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You know what....I am very unintelligent because I'm going to college, getting it paid for because I made good grades in high school, and will be going to graduate school in a few years while majoring in Biology. Wow, you're just so much more intelligent than me /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . With that said...I agree with fultonfalcon2006 about getting back to football and would like to apologize for the no respect comment. Catholic was the BEST football team we've played the past two years and believe me, I have the upmost respect with how strong and physical they are. I just get a little wired up when it comes to this game because Catholic is one of the few teams that did beat us a couple of times and the games were all so emotional and there was so much at stake in the playoffs. Not to mention they beat us out of another title two years ago. Catholic is a good football team and it should be a great matchup. I hope Fulton pulls it out, but Blair will have to be on his game to do so and he has looked really good the past couple of weeks. I also think special teams will be a huge factor and Fulton may be able to get some points out of the return game. Again, my fault for getting too much off of football, but I do resent the crack baby, unintelligent comment. I have 3 tests this week and need positive reinforcement Well...maybe outside of Alcoa, the best team Fulton's played. That team was loaded with Div. 1 players.

Well done Road2Three.

Keep on. And yes, the Alcoa team w/Warren, Lindsey, Sykes was a Jr., Martin White, Hicks was a Jr. as well, was one of the more talented teams to come through this area. Better than last eyars team. Your post demonstrates very clearly how talented a Falcon football player is both on and off the field. Thanks for writing.

ruse?

No dog in this fight, but yes, I do. I think last year the Catholic vs. Fulton playoff game was the State Championship game in 3A. Did I miss something?

It was the quarterfinals if I remember correctly. Fulton played Pearl Cohn in the semifinals and then David Lipscomb in the State Championship Game. Until Knoxville Catholic gets out of the quarterfinals then what argument do they have????? IT'S NOT OKAY TO KEEP GOING 12-0 & LOSING IN THE QUARTERFINALS TO THE STATE CHAMPION. If you beat them in the regular season then why can't you do it again in the playoffs?????

It was the quarterfinals if I remember correctly. Fulton played Pearl Cohn in the semifinals and then David Lipscomb in the State Championship Game. Until Knoxville Catholic gets out of the quarterfinals then what argument do they have????? IT'S NOT OKAY TO KEEP GOING 12-0 & LOSING IN THE QUARTERFINALS TO THE STATE CHAMPION. If you beat them in the regular season then why can't you do it again in the playoffs?????

I don't think I was clear enough to make my point (which may be of no value lol.) Sometimes, it just so happens that the best two teams in the state in a given classification happen to be in the same area and meet before the championship game. One of them has to lose. I'm think that it is possible that the best two teams in 3A last year were Catholic and Fulton. I'm not a fan of either so my memory may be incorrect, but the Catholic vs. Fulton playoff game was very close (I was at that one) and either one could have won that game. Am I remembering correctly that the Pearl Cohn game and David Lipscomb game were not even close against Fulton. Catholic didn't prove it because they couldn't get past Fulton, but they may have had a championship level team last year.

As far as the middle TN teams getting the message, I think until one of the middle TN teams proves they can hang with Catholic this year, my "money" is that they are playing at a different level.

IT'S NOT OKAY TO KEEP GOING 12-0 & LOSING IN THE QUARTERFINALS TO THE STATE CHAMPION. If you beat them in the regular season then why can't you do it again in the playoffs?????

I'm sure the Catholic fans feel the same way, but you know as well as I do that it is very difficult to beat a really good team twice in the same year. Just ask Dobyns Bennett fans about Oak Ridge. This may be the year that although Fulton is very good, they are not developed enough to knock Catholic out. Catholic may get a chance to prove they play championship level ball. Losing one of their stars to injury is a tough break, they can't afford to lose any more key players IMO. Regardless, there is a lot of football left to play before anyone knows for sure, but if I had to make a prediction right now, it would be Catholic in the finals.

I don't think I was clear enough to make my point (which may be of no value lol.) Sometimes, it just so happens that the best two teams in the state in a given classification happen to be in the same area and meet before the championship game. One of them has to lose. I'm think that it is possible that the best two teams in 3A last year were Catholic and Fulton. I'm not a fan of either so my memory may be incorrect, but the Catholic vs. Fulton playoff game was very close (I was at that one) and either one could have won that game. Am I remembering correctly that the Pearl Cohn game and David Lipscomb game were not even close against Fulton. Catholic didn't prove it because they couldn't get past Fulton, but they may have had a championship level team last year.

As far as the middle TN teams getting the message, I think until one of the middle TN teams proves they can hang with Catholic this year, my "money" is that they are playing at a different level.

The Pearl Cohn game was 20-12 throughout the night until Fulton hit a screen pass to Rogan on the final play of the third quarter that went the distance. 26-12 is not a blowout by any stretch of the imagination.

The State Championship Game was 24-14. How is that a blowout???? David Lipscomb played better in that game than what they did the year before when they couldn't stop Wilson Cates from running the option against them in the 2005 Blue Cross Bowl.