Knoxville Catholic vs Fulton

Professor_Falkon

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The regular-season game in 2005 was complete domination by Fulton and we flexed our muscles big-time. We knew we were better than the 0-3 start to that season, but losing Ish Young before the season who would have been our senior leader at QB who had led us to State in 04 was a huge blow and having to start a true freshman at QB was just as huge. AE was a hard fought loss on the road, as was AC. Jonathon Blair had to make his first career start as a sophomore against Alcoa (who was loaded) because of an incident with Wagner. That was just unfortunate. Alcoa was probably a better team, but 48-6? Not that much better. We took it personal against Catholic. They had beat AE 21-0 on the road and proven to be legitimate. However, we dominated every phase of that game and won like 38-7. That's no fluke. We were better than Catholic and just didn't play to that potential in the playoffs, losing on the heartbreaking catch by Harrison Smith. That cost us another title because Livingston won it, who we had just beat 18-6 the last game of the season and were really 3 scores better than. Made me sick to my stomach.

As far as last year's regular season game...we just never could gain any type of momentum and Catholic's D front was bigger and stronger than I thought, very hard to block, especially #57 Zak Tait. The Stokes TD called back on the "incomplete pass" was a horrible call and was at least a 13 point turnaround (Catholic ended up scoring on that drive) and maybe 15 points if we get the 2 point conversion, HUGE play in that game /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=". So, we were confident that we could beat them the 2nd time around because despite playing mediocre, we could have won. Now, the second time around didn't exactly go as planned, but that finish was classic and will be watched over and over on my TV for years to come. We won, which is all that mattered.

I think tonight could be another good one. However, Fulton HAS to throw the ball effectively, especially in the short passing game with slants, hitches, curls, etc. and use the experience on the corners. This will also help relieve some of the pressure on the O-line, which is a big factor tonight. Fulton also could use some points on special teams and the return game. A big play or two to D Hump or another wideout on a long pass won't hurt either. If Fulton doesn't throw effectively, Catholic could win by 2 scores or more.

Sorry for the long post, but Go Falcons! Oh, and I finished my 3 tests for this week this morning ruse so I may rest a little today and get ready for the big game tonight!

As a fan of HS Football and a Falcon Supporter, I truly am looking forward to a great night of anticipated football. Catholic is a great place to play on Friday night even when your on the opposite team. There are a lot of passionate discussions that have kept this thread entertaining as well as heated with debates. I'll claim responsibility for stirring the pot on certain subjects. Even though I'm passionate about the private versus public debate, I do respect a good football program that can compete on Catholics Level. I hope we get a good game. One that will leave us with memories like Harrison's catch in the corner of the endzone as well as Fulton's amazing 4th quarter comeback last season. It's hard to believe it has only been two seasons with four games to make this one of the state's best new rivalries. Good luck to both teams... better luck to Fulton.

Ruse?.... I look forward to meeting you one day. It would be nice to put a face with that intelligence.

Go Falcons!

From what I gather they'll continue in 4A. With the numbers increasing for both schools. That will be entertaining to see (if it does happen) Catholic and Fulton matching up with Maryville and Central.

From what I gather they'll continue in 4A. With the numbers increasing for both schools. That will be entertaining to see (if it does happen) Catholic and Fulton matching up with Maryville and Central.

Mville will go 5A. Halls or Powell could go up as well. Just depends on community growth. AE will stay 3A, but I would not be surprised to see Carter go back to 4A as well. This might be a stretch, but at the rate Catholic is growing, and in combination with the multiplier, it would not surprise me if 5A was on the horizon.

Mville will go 5A. Halls or Powell could go up as well. Just depends on community growth. AE will stay 3A, but I would not be surprised to see Carter go back to 4A as well. This might be a stretch, but at the rate Catholic is growing, and in combination with the multiplier, it would not surprise me if 5A was on the horizon.

If they add on to the school in the future, then 5A could be their destination. With the current addition I think it will max out at 800. Since you can't move up two classification in one year they'll be 4A until the next period. I did not know that Maryville was moving up. Even if they go, you'd still have Catholic, Fulton, Central, Halls, Powell etc. You'd still have some exciting match-ups.

If they add on to the school in the future, then 5A could be their destination. With the current addition I think it will max out at 800. Since you can't move up two classification in one year they'll be 4A until the next period. I did not know that Maryville was moving up. Even if they go, you'd still have Catholic, Fulton, Central, Halls, Powell etc. You'd still have some exciting match-ups.

ScotA11

Yup, and toss West in for a natural rivalry, and there you go.

ruse?

One thing to remember ... the past two years the winner of the regular season clash lost in the playoffs ..will it hold true this year too ??????? Something to ponder ... so for both teams .. they shouldnt get down by loosing this game .. both will be in playoffs and more than likely have a chance to meet again ... GO FALCONS !! .. Fulton will have to play its best game of year to win IMO .... defense has to slow running game or its gonna be a long night.

Well, Fulton will have to rebound next week at Austin-East, who is playing good football right now. Blair just didn't bring his A game tonight, missing on some golden oppurtunities early. The offensive line of Fulton (even more than the D front) was a big concern of mine going into this year and I just haven't seen much improvement. Even in the wins the past few weeks, the O-Line struggled. It was floodgates all night long with Catholic bringing the house and I don't blame them, Fulton is just having a very hard time blocking anybody. The bad thing is, it's already upon week 9, you have AE on the road, and I don't see Catholic getting any smaller or weaker any time soon. I knew they would be hard to block (We had a hard time last year with 6 experienced seniors) and I'm just not sure Fulton has anything for them up front. Hard to run or throw with no blocking. The thing is, Catholic don't even have Zak Tait for the rest of the year and he was a monster up front.

Well, Fulton will have to rebound next week at Austin-East, who is playing good football right now. Blair just didn't bring his A game tonight, missing on some golden oppurtunities early. The offensive line of Fulton (even more than the D front) was a big concern of mine going into this year and I just haven't seen much improvement. Even in the wins the past few weeks, the O-Line struggled. It was floodgates all night long with Catholic bringing the house and I don't blame them, Fulton is just having a very hard time blocking anybody. The bad thing is, it's already upon week 9, you have AE on the road, and I don't see Catholic getting any smaller or weaker any time soon. I knew they would be hard to block (We had a hard time last year with 6 experienced seniors) and I'm just not sure Fulton has anything for them up front. Hard to run or throw with no blocking. The thing is, Catholic don't even have Zak Tait for the rest of the year and he was a monster up front.

Road ..you are correct .. catholic made the big plays in the passing game and Fulton didnt .. Falcons had I know of 3 wide open WR's that the QB just overthrew ... cant really blame him for hurrying though .. KC knew they had to bring the heat .. a few more screens early and some undernead routes might have helped but Im sure getting a play that would work was hard to call tonight ... it hurt Fulton bad when Stokes went out with the knee injury ... he is the defensive leader but give credit to KC they won it in the trenches ...