Knoxville Catholic vs Fulton

Professor_Falkon

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand, the rezoning will only affect Bearden, Farragut, Karns, and Powell. Maybe West, but probably not as much as the other 4

The Fulton alum's parent that talked to me said that an area of the city that was providing some good talent to Fulton had been switched back so that now that area's kids would be going to a different school. I don't remember which school but I was hoping someone on here could give me some details.

You are right they have beaten Webb the last 6 years but most of those games could have gone either way

and I agree about them doing well when they were in the private division, but as far as saying Baylor is a powerhouse you must be talking about the Golf program because there football team has not faired to well lately, playing Baylor is a lot different than playing MBA, Brentwood, McCallie, Father Ryan and Ensworth. I'm just saying that private is private not public private.

I was basing that on their tradition. Granted they were young, but Baylor has some talent. They've played an incredible schedule most of their games on the road.

As a fan of HS Football and a Falcon Supporter, I truly am looking forward to a great night of anticipated football. Catholic is a great place to play on Friday night even when your on the opposite team. There are a lot of passionate discussions that have kept this thread entertaining as well as heated with debates. I'll claim responsibility for stirring the pot on certain subjects. Even though I'm passionate about the private versus public debate, I do respect a good football program that can compete on Catholics Level. I hope we get a good game. One that will leave us with memories like Harrison's catch in the corner of the endzone as well as Fulton's amazing 4th quarter comeback last season. It's hard to believe it has only been two seasons with four games to make this one of the state's best new rivalries. Good luck to both teams... better luck to Fulton.

Ruse?.... I look forward to meeting you one day. It would be nice to put a face with that intelligence.

Go Falcons!

Yeah, whether or not one likes Fulton or Catholic, one cannot argue the atmosphere and excitement the 4 games between the two have produced. Catholic was on the winning end of one great catch, Fulton on the other. 2-2 so far and that's what rivalries are made of. I don't see Friday night being any different. I hope my Falcons pull it out, but if not, I'm sure it will be a great game to the finish.

Go Falcons!

Photo, and Road.

Will it really be a good game? I did not see the regular season game in 05, but if memory serves, it was a dominating performance by a young and rapidly improvimg Falcon team. A Fulton team that had lost early, was being led by a young QB, and an OL that had yet to prove it's metal. Sure, Higgins, and the Wiley-Gatewood kid, the big Center were there, but they had a bad taste in their mouth, and some lingering lack of confidence in light of what took place @ home vs. Alcoa. That game was at Catholic, and Tyronne Cobb had a very good game.

Now last years game @ Fulton, I did see. Of course the Falcon faithful felt wronged by a fumble returned by Stokes, I think, for a TD that was called off. Bad call. Catholic picked up an incomplete screen pass behind the LOS that was quickley whistled dead while one of their DBs was on his way to the goal line. Bad call. IMO, that was the game that put Catholic's defense on the radar. For the most part, they held Rogan in check. Don't think he had more than 70-80 yds rushing. Fulton did shut down Smith running the ball, and I doubt he had more than 40-50 yds rushing. Catholic went to the air, and was able to keep Fulton of balance. IMO, Catholic won that game. Period. Just beat Fulton. It was not by as wide of a margin as the 05 Fulton victory though. Also, no Deebo (Freeney) in that game for Fulton.

Don't get me wrong, I think that this will be a very physical, aggressive, and emotionally charged game; however, not a particularly close one. Yes, the region title is probably on the line, but what does that get you? A 2nd round game against AE, and home field advantage through the quarter finals? Yipee. Home field between these two is a 50/50 proposition. Winner of that is home based on the rotation. Probably play Pearl Cohn. Anyway, why show all your cards? Why not hope to pick up a win with a trick play, special teams scheme, and stick with what you do best? Why go "all in"? Why? Well because it's Catholic, or because it's Fulton. That's why. Game on, it will be a fight. Can't wait, and I really do hope it is a close one, and that the pipes are clogged:)

See you there..........., and keep your nose in those books Road.

ruse?

The Fulton alum's parent that talked to me said that an area of the city that was providing some good talent to Fulton had been switched back so that now that area's kids would be going to a different school. I don't remember which school but I was hoping someone on here could give me some details.

Here is a map showing proposed changes...you can blow it up to 200% and it is more readable.

http://www.kcs.k12tn.net/zoning/maps0407/master_map.pdf

Here is a map showing proposed changes...you can blow it up to 200% and it is more readable.

http://www.kcs.k12tn.net/zoning/maps0407/master_map.pdf

Pretty sure Hardin Valley won't play football in yr, one. I would expect that the families that collectively decide that Fulton, AE, Carter, etc is the best school for their child/children will figure a way to get them there. Sort of like fighting gravity. Also, I would expect that the Farragut/Karns/Bearden/West piece, in addition to the ongoing influx of people moving to Knox will benefit CAK, and Catholic. Webb stated in an article when all the rezoning was published in the KNS, that they did not want to expand. Every time I drive down Cedar Bluff (which is not often) there is construction going on at Catholic.

ruse?

By the way, does anyone know if there will be early ticket sales as in previous years.

In 05' that first game had a lot of hype & drama because Fulton did have a rough start with losses to AE, AC, and a demolision by Alcoa. Catholic being the new kid on the block, had been busy shutting the mouths of their critics and proving they were also one of the elite programs 3A. They were not private school propoganda but sweeping their competition with some swagger. Going into the game at Catholic, the Irish had just been ranked #1 in the state and the Falcons were gaining momentum and more team chemestry. Everyone thought it would be a good game, but did not forsee the dominating preformance from Fulton.

The second game was physically won by Fulton, but ironically beat by big plays like the fake punt at their own 20 and the incredible catch in the endzone. The loss was as painful as could be imagined. How painful? Ask Catholic after they lost a game they dominated for 3 quarters. The two seasons mirrored themselves with each team exchanging the same emotional highs & lows.

Regardless of the final score... just consider it round 1. Kind of like a physical coin toss to see who's field they will be playing on in November.