Riverdale: For real or frod

wbballer22

2-5A takes any Region, any time. Riverdale will get to see first hand how strong we are this year when they come to WB

You said 2-5A takes any Region, anytime. So I assumed that meant I could bring up past accomplishments. Region 4-5A has three teams that have won state titles: Riverdale with 4 titles in nine title games, Oakland with 2 titles in 4 title games and Smyrna has 1 title in their only appearance.

This year Riverdale is at 7-0, Wilson Central at 7-0 (they play each other this week) and Smyrna is 5-2. None of the four playoff spots have been determined as of yet.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said 2-5A takes any Region, anytime. So I assumed that meant I could bring up past accomplishments. Region 4-5A has three teams that have won state titles: Riverdale with 4 titles in nine title games, Oakland with 2 titles in 4 title games and Smyrna has 1 title in their only appearance.

This year Riverdale is at 7-0, Wilson Central at 7-0 (they play each other this week) and Smyrna is 5-2. None of the four playoff spots have been determined as of yet.

Ok. now that is the past and shiny old trophies in your school trophy case. This year is what matters and we will see very soon what division is the best. Schedule some of 2-5a teams and we will see if you go undefeated.

This year, 2-5A does take any region, any time. While we're keeping with the present (past gold balls don't do much for anyone anymore...):

Oak Ridge is 6-1, beating Fulton and Dobyns Bennett

Farragut is 6-1, beating Bearden and William Blount

Ooltewah is 5-1, losing only to William Blount

William Blount is 4-2, losing by one point to Maryville and one point to Farragut

None of the playoff spots have been determined yet, either

Based on this boards schedule strength and schedule + success rankings, which is up to date and considers this year only, I would say the regions are even. In the strength + rankings 12 of the top 20 come from these two regions, 6 from each. Also based on these rankings I would say Riverdale is for real. If they manage to win this Friday they may be ranked #1 in the strength + succes rankings.

Ok. now that is the past and shiny old trophies in your school trophy case. This year is what matters and we will see very soon what division is the best. Schedule some of 2-5a teams and we will see if you go undefeated.

At least they HAVE gold balls that are NOT 20+ years old! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I keep hearing about this so called Region 2 being superior every year. With the exception of the Oak Ridge game over R'dale a couple of years ago I have NOT seen it. I will give the Owls the kudos they deserve as that played Smyrna last year tough, but the fact is they still LOST to a Region 4 team.

As a man once said, "Don't sing it, BRING it!".

the last time wb won anything

truman was president

there were only 48 states

no players playing today were even born yet

wb is to hs football what pee wee herman is to body building

I have seen every championship game for the last 20 or so years i have never seen wb there---- only the ones with tickets

wb - your daddies chamionship team

sorry you can never get to murfreesboro to get your butts waxed but

coach t has a area for directions to m,boro for those that have never been there

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Hahahahahaha classic stuff.

Let me correct ya there pal, and give you a little background information on WB.

William Blount opened in 1980 and has never won a state championship...in any sport.

The William Blount football team has only won three playoff games...ever.

Our first playoff win came 19 years after the school started.

The farthest in the playoffs that William Blount has ever been is the...second round.

You know what doesn't matter? ALL of that.

Let's talk about this year, shall we?

WB has wins over Sevier County, Dobyns Bennett, Ooltewah, and Oak Ridge...with two losses, one of which is Maryville...a team that no one in Region 4 could beat...and the other is to Farragut...which came down to a two-point conversion even though our defense played the worst game they could possibly play all night long.

But don't let that fool you. Holding the leading rusher in 2-5A to 34 yards and allowing a grand total of three points and three first downs on defense doesn't mean anything. Ask Oak Ridge about how much their past championships helped them in that game. Or ask Benny Monroe how his speed got him completely destroyed, 32-0.

So, Region 4 fans...don't worry about William Blount. And we won't worry about you when we're holding the gold ball on December 8th.