Riverdale: For real or frod

wbballer22

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

that was funny region 2-AAAAA wanting to be like Riverdale. Riverdale has had a great past but this year is what matters right now and to all the Riverdale people you prance on to state like i said before cause you play a bunch of cupcakes.

schedule some of the teams like Oak Ridge Ooltewah Farrugut William Blount and McMinn and we will see how you rseason turns out.um just like the rest of us usually at least 2 losses. and for the rest about people saying that Farragut is bad they are not they have a very tough team.

with all due respect we do play you every year on the way to the state tournament and in 05 we suffered our first semi final loss and all of those semi final games comes against teams like you have mentioned and many teams yall may have had the better team in 03 and whoever we played in 02 those teams may have been better but we still won the game In 05 against OR they was the better team that night if they had played the following saturday like the did against us they would have beaten ravenwood by 30 points unfortunatly they thought they won state when they beat riverdale...

I am not sure who you think the cupcakes we play are but generally speaking LC and DC (non region games) are top teams in their region and make playoffs almost every year and this year we played antioch and i may be wrong but they have a good chance to win their region so i am not sure what you want us to do...should we travel 4hours to play one of those teams each year to make yall happy? that is a long day for a high school kid to play a regular season game dont you think?...i will admit we are just NOW getting to the meat of our schedule region wise and we may lose a game and i will admit there are some good teams up your way but please dont downgrade OUR team to try and justify your team this isnt NCAA we have a playoff and it will be stteled on the field

GO WARRIORS

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why don't your schools schedule Riverdale for YOUR out of region games? Gee, I think I know why.

Probably for the same reason they won't even schedule teams in their own county like McCallie and Baylor. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

They also do NOT go out of state to play tough teams to make themselves better. I keep hearing the arguement of the 'gates' are better at home, so I can only conclude they think money is more important than wins against quality opponents. Yes, R'dale lost against McCallie last year but they did have the guts to play them.

I have to hand it to Smyrna this year also for playing BA. Yes they lost but they did play them and gave them all they could handle for most of the game even after their QB went down to injury.

Keep taking shots at Region 4 because the 'cupcakes' there have a nasty habit of biting back.....especially during the playoffs! Don't believe it? Just look at how many times in the last 10 years Region 4 has sent Region 2 home!

The ONE team I truly respect from Region 2 is Oakridge, and I notice there are none of their followers on this thread saying how weak Region 4 is. They are WAY to classy for that and have a proven history of success that is respected here in Region 4. As for the arguement that they beat each other up so cannot win the gold ball don't hold water either as Region 4 beats each other up alot also and STILL wins! In the last 10 years 3 teams from Region 4 has won the gold ball against ZERO for Region 2, so come on down from y'alls hills and lets play some football!

with all due respect we do play you every year on the way to the state tournament and in 05 we suffered our first semi final loss and all of those semi final games comes against teams like you have mentioned and many teams yall may have had the better team in 03 and whoever we played in 02 those teams may have been better but we still won the game In 05 against OR they was the better team that night if they had played the following saturday like the did against us they would have beaten ravenwood by 30 points unfortunatly they thought they won state when they beat riverdale...

I am not sure who you think the cupcakes we play are but generally speaking LC and DC (non region games) are top teams in their region and make playoffs almost every year and this year we played antioch and i may be wrong but they have a good chance to win their region so i am not sure what you want us to do...should we travel 4hours to play one of those teams each year to make yall happy? that is a long day for a high school kid to play a regular season game dont you think?...i will admit we are just NOW getting to the meat of our schedule region wise and we may lose a game and i will admit there are some good teams up your way but please dont downgrade OUR team to try and justify your team this isnt NCAA we have a playoff and it will be stteled on the field

GO WARRIORS

Thank you riverdaleman you represent your people well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

but some of your people are putting down our team.

Wow, I cant believe it's that time of year already....my daddy is bigger than your daddy, my daddy can whip your daddy..lol. East virus Middle..whos the best....Its all going to be settled on the field. Yes, Riverdale does has its weaknesses but they are for real and have a tremendous defense. I would bet that no eastern team has seen anything like the defense from the Warriors or an offensive line anywhere near the size of Riverdale. Riverdale's not flashy, they just do enough to win and thats all that matters. Every week they have stepped up to the challenge and should continue to do so the rest of the year.....

Thank you riverdaleman you represent your people well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

but some of your people are putting down our team.

Not putting WB down as they are a fine team and are playing hard this year. We are just not too happy with folks saying Region 2 is better than Region 4 as the facts do not support it. Its like when the AP poll had DB as Number 1 in 2004 in the state when R'dale was clearly superior and played a harder schedule. They kept DB as number 1 until they choked in the playoffs......AGAIN! While Region 4 may not be the best in y'alls opinion, they are NOT cupcakes either.

Yes, teams here are capable of losing like any team can. Thing is we usually win when it counts at Gold Ball time.

Riverdlaae is a traditionaly great team, and thats no different this year. But, put them into region 2 this year. I can almost promise they would not be undefeated if they had to play WB, Farragut, OR, and McMinn. If these region 2 teams were distirbuted evenly across the state,into different regions, I feel confident they all could win those regions. There is some serious competiton in Region 2; Riverdale is the only team that could play with region 2 teams,in region 4 that is.

Riverdlaae is a traditionaly great team, and thats no different this year. But, put them into region 2 this year. I can almost promise they would not be undefeated if they had to play WB, Farragut, OR, and McMinn. If these region 2 teams were distirbuted evenly across the state,into different regions, I feel confident they all could win those regions. There is some serious competiton in Region 2; Riverdale is the only team that could play with region 2 teams,in region 4 that is.

First off i respect your opinion but let me ask you...what are you basing this on? Have you seen any team from region 4 5A play? if so who did you see and then why they would not compete with region ? why is the competition in region 2 harder than ours? most of our schools are within 20 minutes so all the kids know each other and that always makes it a strong rivarly every week. I do not know your region and i havent seen any of them play this year BUT i do respect them and i am not knowledgable enough to say our region is better but i am smart enough to konw we have some great competition WHO KNOW yalls region may beat us in the semi final game this year

So why don't your schools schedule Riverdale for YOUR out of region games? Gee, I think I know why.

Another zinger lol

Riverdale the real deal warrior team. Good football program period.

I'd wish you guys good luck but you play on the field will get you though with out it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />