Preseason picks for Region 3-A

THELEGEND

I have seen Temple play for years and I do not see them slowing down at all. Last year, about this time, we were having discussions about how much better CSAS and Grace were going to be than Temple. I remember quite well how right I was then, and now when I say that Temple will finish first in the region, CSAS second, and Grace will finish third. There is no other way to look at it.

Temple graduated three stud senior basketball players but are returning two starters from last year who were just sophomores. You guys may not have realized just how good Jeremy Sexton and Brandon Andrews really were and that is ok because you will get two more years (this one and the next one) to watch them do their thing. Along with them, you have a core group of players who played JV ball together the last two years who played JV as freshmen and on a separate ninth grade team and played together last year on the JV team. They only lost one game between the JV and the ninth grade team. Last year after pulling Jeremy and Brandon up to JV, they only lost about three games for the season.

Grace lacks leadership on the floor. The new tall kid from Berean impressed me more than Carter. He just seemed to work harder and have more heart. Carter looks lazy and he always looks like he is having a bad day. He does not seem to be having any fun.

I agree with someone said on a different thread about CSAS. They have some real talent on the court but they lack the coaching. Of course, that may be Temple's weak spot this year.

You have to remember Temple had two players transfer to Silverdale, although they are not eligible they are not playing at Temple. I don't see Temple doing that much this year. I think they will make the region tournament but their season ends there. I watched them play over the summer, maybe they had some players missing but they didn not look anywhere close to last year's team. Sexton and Andrews are good players no doubt about that, but They will need several unproven players to step up and I just don't see it this year.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I'm mistaken--and I don't think I am--Temple JV also lost to Grace last year.

We,ll let me help you guys out a little #21 6'5 210 J-ROD from Alabama will hold the post along with 6'4 220 Ben Montgormery and Steve Nash "OOP"! James Kemp the W.R. that kill D.B. in Football will carry the round ball.Along with "Kobe Bryant" am sorry did it again Jermy Sexton along with Brandon Andrews.Come lets be real.

We,ll let me help you guys out a little #21 6'5 210 J-ROD from Alabama will hold the post along with 6'4 220 Ben Montgormery and Steve Nash "OOP"! James Kemp the W.R. that kill D.B. in Football will carry the round ball.Along with "Kobe Bryant" am sorry did it again Jermy Sexton along with Brandon Andrews.Come lets be real.

This is supposed to "help [us] out"? Let's be real.

Is the guy from Alabama eligible? Boarding student?

I remember Montgomery from jv. I was not impressed.

Poor Brandon Andrews.....no nickname for him?

I think you need to get the exhaust leak fixed in your car......you are hallucinating.....the Skogens are gone!

Last year no one with any sense said CSAS was going to be better than temple the issue was how quick they would gel after a deep playoff run in football. temple and Grace were the favorites all along. Temple will be decent but they lost their core group from last year they will not win the region they will be the third best team. The games that this heralded JV team lost last year were to CSAS. So how do you figure they are going to dominate the varsity kids. I think the only issue both Grace and CSAS will have to deal with is if the coaches can keep the kids focused. especially CSAS because sometimes kids make it very far and get complacent

Temple's JV only lost three games last year. One to CSAS and two to Grace, and that was only after they moved Brandon Andrews up because Erik Larson quit the team. It left a definite hole on the JV team.

You have to remember Temple had two players transfer to Silverdale, although they are not eligible they are not playing at Temple. I don't see Temple doing that much this year. I think they will make the region tournament but their season ends there. I watched them play over the summer, maybe they had some players missing but they didn not look anywhere close to last year's team. Sexton and Andrews are good players no doubt about that, but They will need several unproven players to step up and I just don't see it this year.

Yeah, and they were such major contributers, I do not know who they were. They were not varsity basketball players.

Temple will have several unproven players step up. Believe it or not, Jeremy Sexton and Brandon Andrews are much better than anyone realizes. Go ahead and prepare yourselves to see Jeremy down on the court in Murfreesboro getting a "Mr. Basketball" finalist award in March 2008.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why anyone would continue to pick Grace to be that good this year. They were horrible last year, they did not lose anyone significant from last year and they have not gained anyone significant for this year. Temple is the only team out of the three that is doing any rebuilding/reloading. CSAS returns almost everyone from last year's team, and you should expect them to come out of the gates this season at full speed. There is no way Grace is going to be better than CSAS. It is a physical impossibility.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why anyone would continue to pick Grace to be that good this year. They were horrible last year, they did not lose anyone significant from last year and they have not gained anyone significant for this year.

IMO Grace has the potential to be the best team in the state. But unless they've learned how to play the game they'll probably end up 3rd in their region. A single A team with 2 players over 6'8" should dominate, and they've got plenty of young talent that, if they've improved, could be dangerous. Even though Grace is a rival I really hope to see McMasters finish his career well this year. Like someone else said, McMasters looks frustrated when he plays, almost like he doesn't even enjoy it.

Who comes out of this region between CSAS, Grace, and Temple?

1. CSAS

2. Grace

3. Temple or Silverdale

Sorry Temple fans, but you lack depth this year. CSAS is motivated and well coached. Grace can not help but to be good with two big guys and two guards that decided to focus on basketball and give up football. Silverdale, with transfers, will surprise some. Even DB will surprise a few once football players get bb legs back.